March 25, 2019, 05:38:43 PM

Author Topic: Dynamo Kyiv v Everton  (Read 43289 times)

March 20, 2015, 02:13:47 AM
Reply #765

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
BUT it looks like Martinez wants to keep Barry and Howard?? What if we line up in August with these 2 in the team?? Hes not looking to change. Apparently Howard has been great this season according to Martinez

Let's give him time frst, now is not the time to be changing managers.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 20, 2015, 02:14:00 AM
Reply #766

toffee_scot

On the plus side, we looked quite a positive team and created quite a few chances, Barkley must have hit the bar twice plus Lukaku had a couple of decent opportunities. Osman really does make a difference and provides a spark when he is on the field, I just wish he had started the game.

I don't blame Martinez for starting Alcaraz as he had done well against Newcastle plus John Stones is just coming back from injury and Distin is probably injured again or something. But what a fucking nightmare of a game he had, I just pray that Stones will be fit and raring to go by Sunday.

March 20, 2015, 02:14:36 AM
Reply #767

Everton Mint

Ah well, considering how shite we've been all season we're lucky we've had the Europa to enjoy until mid-March..  Imagine how bad it would've been if we'd gone out in the group stage !

All that can save Martinez now is bringing in a top defensive coach who can get him to change his style.

March 20, 2015, 02:14:50 AM
Reply #768

Nick

Never thought 2-1 would be enough of a lead to take to Kiev.  We should've won by more last week.

That said, some of the defending tonight was comical.  They took advantage and scored some great goals...some were quite frankly unstoppable imho.

Thought Barkley went well.  Very unlucky not to score.  That second effort was superb.  The one off his left wasn't bad either.  Some nice touches too.  Looks to be playing himself back into some good form which bodes well for the rest of the season.

March 20, 2015, 02:14:56 AM
Reply #769

Redartin

Martinez says Kiev had a phenomenal performance
Iím fully sticking my neck out. I think Silva will be our best manager since Kendall.

March 20, 2015, 02:15:06 AM
Reply #770

School of Science

Only positive from that is Barkley looks like he coming back into form

Thought he was the one shining light of our game, especially in the second half, though I bet he will still have people slagging him off. One other thing, those fkin corners were a disgrace, one or two of them had snow on when they came down. Baines took one decent one all night and we scored off it. Never want to see Alcaraz in an Everton shirt again, we were bullied throughout, Dynamo done there homework and just floated the ball in the box, they won everything that mattered and our goalie just stayed on his line.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

March 20, 2015, 02:15:18 AM
Reply #771

KoemansNumberTens

Let's give him time frst, now is not the time to be changing managers.

Id agree if I thought theyd be change. Id be amazed if he replaces Howard. What are we giving him time to do if he cant even see the problems.

March 20, 2015, 02:15:32 AM
Reply #772

everton1952

Once again Howard is blamed. He is way past his best but those goals would have beaten any keeper. How anyone can slag off Kiev is beyond me. They are a very decent team. We might have scored 4, Barkley hit the post twice. Get rid of the players who can't hack it at this or the PL level and sign good replacements in time for next season.  The players gave everything physically so QPR will be expecting at least a point against a knackered Everton. The story of Europa or Europe I suppose.

March 20, 2015, 02:15:35 AM
Reply #773

Cozzie

If that game doesn't prove how tactically inept Martinez is then I dont know what does.

Granted two of the goals where absolute worldies we could do nothing about and 2 where down to how shite alcaraz was still isn't really the point.

He doesn't inspire confidence, never has the right team selection, his subs baffle me and he has shown not just at Everton, but throughout his managerial career, he can't set up a team to defend properly at all.

Let him see the season out and then sack him.

March 20, 2015, 02:15:41 AM
Reply #774

Heisenberg

Roberto Martinez is the least adaptable manager Iv came across. He may aswell go home after the team talk, and telling Jones who the subs at the 70th and 80th mins will be

March 20, 2015, 02:15:55 AM
Reply #775

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I can't really comment as I only caught the last ten minutes. But I'm not happy about what's happened and will point the finger at RM if what I've read on here is true.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 20, 2015, 02:16:45 AM
Reply #776

edbootle

Martinez singing  in the dressing room with Patsy Cline.
"I fall to pieces" :titanic:
:cheers:

March 20, 2015, 02:16:51 AM
Reply #777

KoemansNumberTens

On the plus side, we looked quite a positive team and created quite a few chances, Barkley must have hit the bar twice plus Lukaku had a couple of decent opportunities. Osman really does make a difference and provides a spark when he is on the field, I just wish he had started the game.

I don't blame Martinez for starting Alcaraz as he had done well against Newcastle plus John Stones is just coming back from injury and Distin is probably injured again or something. But what a fucking nightmare of a game he had, I just pray that Stones will be fit and raring to go by Sunday.

We all said this against Chelsea. Of course we look good going forward when we are happy to concede chance after chance. We got what we deserved today. Less we had a couple of good strikes that didnt go in but they could have scored more too.

March 20, 2015, 02:16:59 AM
Reply #778

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
or he could have told them he was preparing the type of goal that the fifth was, a worldy from out of nowhere, which they are more than capable of

Moyes used to go for 0-0's and get beat every single time

I just think publically saying it is whats wrong, discuss all possibilities with the team yes of course, tell them we want to score, they arent stupid, they know they have struggled defensively. I just dont like the management of we will play like Everton, go all out to score and not worry about being tight at the back etc. He is a stubborn guy and its cost us again and again.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

March 20, 2015, 02:17:04 AM
Reply #779

Everton Mint

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty
Sadly that was amateur hour - or 90 minutes - from Everton tonight. Whole coop of chickens coming home to roost there.  nod