March 19, 2019, 11:52:44 AM

Author Topic: Dynamo Kyiv v Everton  (Read 43161 times)

March 20, 2015, 02:17:19 AM
Reply #780

cjohno100

Let's give him time frst, now is not the time to be changing managers.
wigan stuck with him

March 20, 2015, 02:17:36 AM
Reply #781

Heisenberg

Oh, and all the finger pointing at the defence. McCarthy and Barry were useless too

March 20, 2015, 02:17:59 AM
Reply #782

KoemansNumberTens

Once again Howard is blamed. He is way past his best but those goals would have beaten any keeper. How anyone can slag off Kiev is beyond me. They are a very decent team. We might have scored 4, Barkley hit the post twice. Get rid of the players who can't hack it at this or the PL level and sign good replacements in time for next season.  The players gave everything physically so QPR will be expecting at least a point against a knackered Everton. The story of Europa or Europe I suppose.

Im certainly not blaming howard tonight. Just mentioning him because hes be obviously terrible this season yet I doubt Martinez is trying to fix the problem

March 20, 2015, 02:18:50 AM
Reply #783

Evertonian in NC

The midfielders were shocking as well.  Very true.  One of Gibson or Osman really needed to be in the XI.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 20, 2015, 02:19:05 AM
Reply #784

cjohno100

our defensive performance hit an all time low tonight, its been poor all season but tonight was just shambolic and its alll down to 1 man martinez, GET SHUT ASAP tactically inept

March 20, 2015, 02:19:25 AM
Reply #785

Waltzer

You can't go to a game saying we want a 0-0, they score and the team is lost. yes he needed to change things but Howard made a poor mistake, Alcaraz made another, we hit the post twice and they scored 2 amazing goals.

I mam angry too but the players have to take the blame too, they experienced pro's, they should be better.

But you've summed it up in your response, Robles never deserved to get dropped and I'd struggle to find anyone that would pick Alcaraz over the options we have but who made these decisions, that's why it's his fault!

March 20, 2015, 02:19:30 AM
Reply #786

Cozzie

The midfielders were shocking as well.  Very true.  One of Gibson or Osman really needed to be in the XI.

This.

McCarthy plays better with Gibson in the middle.

March 20, 2015, 02:22:07 AM
Reply #787

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 20, 2015, 02:22:38 AM
Reply #788

Bluedylan

Con is right to blame some of the players. Maybe the manager puts too much faith in them, but surely there's enough old heads on that pitch to say 'settle down now lads, nice and solid, nothing sloppy upto HT'.

It's really distressing. No hope of European football until another 18 months minimum, and you'd have to be an extreme optimist to forsee even that happening. So let down by the manager and the players tonight, bar a couple of them (maybe Ross and Rom mainly).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:25:02 AM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 20, 2015, 02:24:39 AM
Reply #789

bluestevie

our defensive performance hit an all time low tonight, its been poor all season but tonight was just shambolic and its alll down to 1 man martinez, GET SHUT ASAP tactically inept

One man to blame and that's Alcaraz, do you honestly think Martinez told him to go out and duck every ball over the top. Jags was doing the job of two men out there
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 20, 2015, 02:24:58 AM
Reply #790

KoemansNumberTens

We stuck with Moyes

We can all do this. Stuck with Smith too long too.

None of the examples matter. I'll stick with him if hes looking for another keeper, looking to only play 1 of Naismith or Barkley, looking to add some tempo even if it costs us a little of our meaningless possession. The problem is what are we giving him time to do?? He doesnt appear to learn or want to change what most of us see as massive problems

March 20, 2015, 02:25:15 AM
Reply #791

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Truly terrible performance. Some absolute stinkers out there tonight. Feel totally deflated, this season can fuck off ASAP.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 20, 2015, 02:25:30 AM
Reply #792

Simon Paul

Administrator
One man to blame and that's Alcaraz, do you honestly think Martinez told him to go out and duck every ball over the top. Jags was doing the job of two men out there

No, but do you think Alcaraz picked himself?

He played to the best of his ability, which is limited - to be kind.

He had a stinker against Kiev at Goodison and yet was still picked ahead of Stones.

March 20, 2015, 02:25:50 AM
Reply #793

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Caught chunks of the game in work and it mainly seemed to be us fouling, us defending like knob heads and Iarmalenko doing step overs. Oh and Howard being beaten from range.

Left work and put my iPod on shuffle

First song 'Let Down' Radiohead. How apt and depressing

Fuck off Everton!

I just can't see long term Martinez doing a good job for us. I won't grumble if he is sacked in the summer. This season has been a disaster

Of course if he is kept on I hope he proves me wrong
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 20, 2015, 02:26:10 AM
Reply #794

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
when will we hear the after game comments?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!