3 (6%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester United  (Read 30268 times)

April 21, 2015, 01:02:56 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It was usually the second ball that killed teams when he was doing it for us, as you say, and teams who stopped him successfully usually almost gave him the first ball and had that the second ball covered. We haven't got anyone who can live with him in the air, so that makes the most sense.

Or failing that try and make him head it rather than chest it.

If he heads it then it makes the pass into a long ball for which the % of retention drops.

If he chests it down then it's no different from passes along the floor - except it's probably better as you've bypassed the midfield.

April 21, 2015, 01:45:32 PM
Reply #16

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He wasn't that great in the air and his leap isn't very good. He is good at being balls down with his chest etc but if we put a bit of pressure on him, his knockdown are not that accurate.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 21, 2015, 03:27:16 PM
Reply #17

hill135

I practically never predict an Everton loss but I've not got a good feeling about this game.

April 21, 2015, 04:09:21 PM
Reply #18

Quality Perm

My head and my heart says we,ll get beat..1-3..Lennon for us and Rooney/Fellaini to score theres
Our day will come........................H opefully

April 21, 2015, 06:27:51 PM
Reply #19

Evertonian in NC

This match has "emotionless draw" written all over it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 21, 2015, 06:27:55 PM
Reply #20

School of Science

Think we will really struggle in the air against Felaini, hence one of the priority signings this window a tall commanding centre half.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

April 21, 2015, 07:20:12 PM
Reply #21

bacon sarnie

Chelsea had Fellaini figured out so stick Besic on him and we'll win this.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:20:50 PM by bacon sarnie »

April 21, 2015, 07:54:34 PM
Reply #22

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think we will really struggle in the air against Felaini, hence one of the priority signings this window a tall commanding centre half.

He doesn't really stand against the CBs at Utd.

That's why Chelsea played Zouma in midfield against him.

I'd expect one of our DMs to either challenge him (if it's Barry) or screen him (if it's McCarthy).

April 21, 2015, 09:13:04 PM
Reply #23

Shogun

Administrator
Just reading RedCafe and there's a lot of overconfidence.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 21, 2015, 09:36:09 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just reading RedCafe and there's a lot of overconfidence.

not surprised really
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 22, 2015, 12:45:27 AM
Reply #25

Paddockoldie

I refuse to go in to a fight believing we will lose... even if we have a knife. If Rom is fit, we've got a BIG FUCKIN knife. They're not great at the back, but are up front. We'll may get beat, but you've got to have a go and take it to them. 10:1... Rooney for them on 88 mins.

April 22, 2015, 04:45:19 AM
Reply #26

Ari

3-1 Everton win, Fellaini scores the first goal.

April 22, 2015, 03:09:47 PM
Reply #27

Rhys

It was usually the second ball that killed teams when he was doing it for us, as you say, and teams who stopped him successfully usually almost gave him the first ball and had that the second ball covered. We haven't got anyone who can live with him in the air, so that makes the most sense.

You can't just let him bring it down because he does it in such a high area of the pitch.

I think what some teams did really well against him was to have 2 on him, he finds it difficult to bring those balls down and as people have said his heading isn't perfect. I remember one game joe Allen made sure every ball that went up to him he was on his toes, Allen isn't huge and never going to win the header but he made sure he was there to make it difficult to bring a ball down and if he did to snap at his heels quickly so he can't release a pass. We know he can get frustrated and for me that was the most successful way to stop him doing what he can do.

You can't just let him have a one on one long ball to a chest because he is too good at it. Chelsea had the right idea, I'm sure Barry will try it for us but if we let him roam onto stones or jags without protection you are asking for trouble.

On a side note I hope he gets a good reception but in sceptical. A really good player for us, good service, made a profit on him and he gave us some great moments and some of the best performances I've seen from any of our players. Sadly doesn't always work like that, we couldn't blame him for going there but because of how it all happened with moyes' comments I fear he will be lumbered in with that.

April 22, 2015, 03:13:57 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
can see him getting booed.

i loved him when he was here to be honest, at times watching him he was head and shoulders above most on the pitch.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 22, 2015, 04:08:10 PM
Reply #29

Rhys

can see him getting booed.

i loved him when he was here to be honest, at times watching him he was head and shoulders above most on the pitch.

There were so many games when he was high up the pitch that we would have no control in the middle and hardly win any battles but be dominant high up the pitch. Then when he was deeper we'd win plenty of battles in the middle but couldn't hold the ball up front. Would have been great to have Lukaku alongside him in 2012/13 when we were having 25 shots a game for the first 3 months of the season!