3 (6%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester United  (Read 30185 times)

April 24, 2015, 10:16:50 PM
Reply #45

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's doing at Utd what he did for us. First season was quite meh performance wise, then he grew into the team and got much better. I have no problems with him, I still think we mugged Utd though.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 25, 2015, 02:21:54 PM
Reply #46

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
That was a great performance. Complete dominance.

He had a few games that season where he was unplayable.

Fulham away he scored a brace and would have had a hip-height volley go in as well if not for a fantastic save by the keeper and hitting the post as well. We still only managed to draw that game I believe.
You are spot on. Was over for both games. 2 of the best performances ever by an Everton player. Should have beaten Fulham 7-1 or there about only for bad luck and terrible defending in added time ---2-2 it ended

April 25, 2015, 03:57:11 PM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

Contrary to everyone being sound about Felli (which I agree with), Pienaar reckons the crowd should get on his back a bit and it will wind him up, along with players winding him up a bit on the pitch. 
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 25, 2015, 04:38:36 PM
Reply #48

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

April 25, 2015, 05:23:18 PM
Reply #49

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Contrary to everyone being sound about Felli (which I agree with), Pienaar reckons the crowd should get on his back a bit and it will wind him up, along with players winding him up a bit on the pitch. 
Pienaar is probably both right and wrong. Could see Felli be influensed but disagree with the crowd on his back part
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:35:52 PM by Polledreng »

April 25, 2015, 06:48:05 PM
Reply #50

Tinga

I know he's tall, but not that tall.

April 25, 2015, 11:03:57 PM
Reply #51

Shogun

Administrator
A two goal win takes us into the top half tomorrow.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 25, 2015, 11:15:50 PM
Reply #52

.Rimbo.

The incentive is there for Everton. If we can win, we go level with West Ham and could finish in 8th or so if we have a strong finish to the season (which would be acceptable as a 'learning curve' season).

United are shit-hot though right now and are probably the best they've been since SAF left. But we generally do well against them at Goodison. Hopefully the fact that a win can move us into the top half and that we will not be thinking about relegation battles will both be conducive to a more relaxed and confident performance.

Usually Everton have a couple of great performance throughout the course of  season. This season we haven't had any. This may be the one we are due.

On the balance of everything, I think it will be a score draw.

April 26, 2015, 02:58:23 PM
Reply #53

TSGun

I just like the way we've been going about things lately, very much low fuss yet touching some good quality football.

Man U may think they can chalk in the points already, this we can exploit with the right means and application. Definitely winnable.

April 26, 2015, 06:33:11 PM
Reply #54

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Osman for mirallas

Utd bench is scary

Falcao
Di maria
Rvp

Fucking hell

Simply simply lovely

April 26, 2015, 06:41:16 PM
Reply #55

Cuttyblue

Usually Everton have a couple of great performance throughout the course of  season. This season we haven't had any. This may be the one we are due.

On the balance of everything, I think it will be a score draw.

Right.  STILL waiting for a strong performance against quality oppo in the league.  First 60 minutes vs. Arsenal last year is still all we've seen.  Draw would work for me; have $50 on Everton +half a goal with my glory hunting Manure-loving cousin.

April 26, 2015, 06:48:14 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Think the team looks a little unbalanced.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 26, 2015, 06:52:13 PM
Reply #57

Cuttyblue

Think the team looks a little unbalanced.

Glad to see consistent first-choice defence out there, but Barry/McCarthy has been ineffective.  With Barkley in a season-long slump and Osman out wide, who's going to get the ball through to Lukaku?  I predicted a 1-1, Barkley over in the predo lge.

April 26, 2015, 06:54:22 PM
Reply #58

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Osman for mirallas

Utd bench is scary

Falcao
Di maria
Rvp

Fucking hell

I know I've practically sealed our fate here but none of those 3 have done anything even remotely above Sunday league standard in 2015
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 26, 2015, 06:59:37 PM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Glad to see consistent first-choice defence out there, but Barry/McCarthy has been ineffective.  With Barkley in a season-long slump and Osman out wide, who's going to get the ball through to Lukaku?  I predicted a 1-1, Barkley over in the predo lge.

Had a fit Pienaar been on the left, then it would have been better. But we may find all three interchanging positions.

I hope they're effective though.
- Walt Disney