November 23, 2017, 10:33:48 PM

Author Topic: [News]Match Preview/Match Day Thread: Aston Villa vs Everton  (Read 28497 times)

April 30, 2015, 05:45:01 PM
Read 28497 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Match Preview: Aston Villa vs Everton

Statistics, squad news and more ahead of Saturday's trip to Villa Park.
Source: Match Preview: Aston Villa vs Everton
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:26:11 PM by Thom »

April 30, 2015, 07:59:58 PM
Reply #1

bacon sarnie

For the media's love-in with Sherwoods sake I hope we twat them.

May 01, 2015, 01:46:37 PM
Reply #2

TSGun

There's mixed emotions leading up to this fixture as my best mate is a mad Villa fan, considering their current predicament if we win comfortably the victory afterglow wont seem quite so bright.

Pffft yeah right.....hope we're 3-0 at half time!

May 01, 2015, 01:51:03 PM
Reply #3

Bob Sacamano

Where's the stuff? Yno, the stuff and the things?

May 01, 2015, 02:42:49 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Where's the stuff? Yno, the stuff and the things?

Shogs has got his flip flops on now we're safe.

May 01, 2015, 07:45:59 PM
Reply #5

Rodenplav64

Difficult game . They are playing well and counter attacking with space . Put Stones on Benteke and hope that Barry and McCarthey are as active as they were against Utd and we should shade it   1-0 Lukaku for me .

May 01, 2015, 08:10:12 PM
Reply #6

bacon sarnie

Revenge for '77. Send them down........

May 01, 2015, 10:20:30 PM
Reply #7

everton1952

They are desperate and will throw everything at us. Happy with a draw from that game.

May 02, 2015, 12:09:27 PM
Reply #8

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I still remember the 6-2 hiding we got at Goodison when Tony Daley ran us ragged.

Hope we whip them and destroy their confidence sending them spiralling towards relegation
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 02, 2015, 02:16:54 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I still remember the 6-2 hiding we got at Goodison when Tony Daley ran us ragged.

Hope we whip them and destroy their confidence sending them spiralling towards relegation

I cried because we were being embarrassed on the tele in front of the whole country. :(

May 02, 2015, 02:46:06 PM
Reply #10

.Rimbo.

We all have our favourite Villa stories; Ashley Young and Paul Merson at Goodison were both sickeners.

However, I don't mind Villa. I see them as similar to ourselves. For that reason, I don't wish relegation on them.

Today is going to be just as tough as last week. I hope the players do not go into it complacent.

It's tricky to call but I'll go with 1-1.

May 02, 2015, 02:47:55 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Would be nice to spoil Sherwoods days.

Although, I do have a slight fondness of him after his exploits at Wembley

May 02, 2015, 03:21:31 PM
Reply #12

TSGun

Interesting reading we're -22pts compared to this time last season. For some reason it hadn't occurred to me the massive difference, thought there was only a few really average performances throughout. Were we really a 7+ game better team last season?

I'm less confident this week compared to last. Should have enough about us now to get the job done but I'm sure there'll be some hairy moments.

May 02, 2015, 03:28:28 PM
Reply #13

Mayor Farnum

I think relegation for Villa is the last ‘story’ left this season. If Villa doesn’t go it will probably be QPR, Burnley and Sunderland, which is rather unremarkable. 
To keep the season interesting I’d like to see Villa continue to struggle. If they ultimately stay up I don’t mind I just want the season to last a little longer; hopefully to the last day.

May 02, 2015, 05:31:29 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Revenge for '77. Send them down........

We sent them down in 87 I think.

Will never forget that game. My best mate was a Villa fan. They destroyed us that day and made Southall look like Bobby Mimms.

Would be nice to spoil Sherwoods days.

Although, I do have a slight fondness of him after his exploits at Wembley

I'm quite liking Sherwood now he's away from Spurs. I think he'll do well for Villa.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin