October 20, 2017, 03:55:26 PM

Author Topic: #kenwrightOut  (Read 7141 times)

May 04, 2015, 09:36:56 PM
Read 7141 times

phillyt

Kenwright out hashtags seem to be gathering momentum on Twitter and also some bits on Facebook. What are folks feelings on this outside of the sphere of Twitter and Is there a bit of a groundswell of support for a movement to get rid (or in reality make him feel unloved enough to dent his ego).

It could be said that now is a time to be more vocal about it and put pressure on seen as we have nothing to play for . I'm not a fan of his leadership of our club, his failures speak for themselves and I believe if he wasn't a blue he would have been hounded out years ago.

I'd like to avoid phrases like he's better than venkys/Lerner/dem yanks, asking for names of people who can/will buy us and blaming the stadium for no one bring interested. While I think they, certainly the stadium at least are valid discussion points I'd like to see how people feel about whether bill, and the current board/ownership are good enough, and is now an ideal opportunity to let feelings known.

For me, I don't think we particularly need a billionaire (would obviously be easier) just someone with a more aggressive and intelligent business plan. Someone who accepts that away from the playing side football is a a big business and needs to be thought of in terms of profit, brand awareness, commercial reputation. Someone who will attack the Right markets at the right time (we missed the boat with a massive in to Australian markets). The club is in a position to capitalise on growing interest in the U.S., but will it?

Also if there was a vocal majority expressing desire to see the back of bill would it make a difference?

I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

deCoubertin

May 04, 2015, 09:39:08 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

Meh.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 04, 2015, 09:59:15 PM
Reply #2

sirblue57

[size=14pt[/size]
Kenwright out hashtags seem to be gathering momentum on Twitter and also some bits on Facebook. What are folks feelings on this outside of the sphere of Twitter and Is there a bit of a groundswell of support for a movement to get rid (or in reality make him feel unloved enough to dent his ego).

It could be said that now is a time to be more vocal about it and put pressure on seen as we have nothing to play for . I'm not a fan of his leadership of our club, his failures speak for themselves and I believe if he wasn't a blue he would have been hounded out years ago. i have said this also

I'd like to avoid phrases like he's better than venkys/Lerner/dem yanks, asking for names of people who can/will buy us and blaming the stadium for no one bring interested. While I think they, certainly the stadium at least are valid discussion points I'd like to see how people feel about whether bill, and the current board/ownership are good enough, and is now an ideal opportunity to let feelings known.
bill may not be wealthy, others on the board are

For me, I don't think we particularly need a billionaire (would obviously be easier) just someone with a more aggressive and intelligent business plan. Someone who accepts that away from the playing side football is a a big business and needs to be thought of in terms of profit, brand awareness, commercial reputation. Someone who will attack the Right markets at the right time (we missed the boat with a massive in to Australian markets). The club is in a position to capitalise on growing interest in the U.S., but will it?

the lack, or failure,of a business plan to maximise any possible success has annoyed me for some time, with the business acumen on our board, the total waste of opportunities is farcical

Also if there was a vocal majority expressing desire to see the back of bill would it make a difference?

and at that, im done  ;D
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

May 04, 2015, 10:14:36 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
They can hashtag all they want, nobody will do anything. They will stamp their feet and throw their toys but there will always be a large section of supporters who are totally apathetic about it all. Most people just want to watch their team and couldn't give a shit about Bill Kenwright.

May 04, 2015, 10:24:30 PM
Reply #4

phillyt

They can hashtag all they want, nobody will do anything. They will stamp their feet and throw their toys but there will always be a large section of supporters who are totally apathetic about it all. Most people just want to watch their team and couldn't give a shit about Bill Kenwright.

Is it genuine apathy or is it not wanting to unsettle the players during a match, which to me is the only effective time to protest.
And as we hit 28 years of no league title, 20 years without a trophy will these landmarks change apathetic attitudes in enough people?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

May 04, 2015, 10:27:36 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Is it genuine apathy or is it not wanting to unsettle the players during a match, which to me is the only effective time to protest.
And as we hit 28 years of no league title, 20 years without a trophy will these landmarks change apathetic attitudes in enough people?

It's genuine apathy. It's very much a case of the vocal minority. I actually think the longer we go without a trophy the more people will be apathetic. The fan in their teens and early twenties won't remember us winning things. You and I do so we get indignant but we are a decreasing group.

May 04, 2015, 10:30:18 PM
Reply #6

sirblue57

It's genuine apathy. It's very much a case of the vocal minority. I actually think the longer we go without a trophy the more people will be apathetic. The fan in their teens and early twenties won't remember us winning things. You and I do so we get indignant but we are a decreasing group.

now THAT'S, a depressing thought.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

May 04, 2015, 10:32:47 PM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

There's also the realisation that the FFP stabilised the status quo and closed down the era of billionaires turfing wagonloads of money into a playing squad and buying instant success.

May 04, 2015, 10:41:49 PM
Reply #8

Bob Sacamano

There's also the realisation that the FFP stabilised the status quo and closed down the era of billionaires turfing wagonloads of money into a playing squad and buying instant success.

This. The The billionaire takeover days seem to have come to an abrupt end, and anyone who isn't a billionaire isn't very likely to bring a league title to any club, unless you count the Championship as a league title.

It's all pie in the sky until FIFA level the playing field.

May 04, 2015, 11:18:55 PM
Reply #9

everton1952

I thought we had passed beyond all this "Kenwright out" milarkey. He is a decent owner with the club's interests at heart. He is not an asset stripper like some other lamentable owners. We are likely to have him until he decides he cannot continue, presumably  like Ellis at Villa who probably packed in through old age. We are light years from winning the league and probably always will be until the financial  profile of the PL changes, if it ever will. Until then we try to "punch above our weight" which gets us so only so far up the league table. The club could be better run around the margins e.g. increased earnings from publicity and sales, but that can only make a marginal difference as a higher profile depends on prolonged success on the pitch. Ultimately that means regular seasons of Champions League appearances. In my opinion a totally pointless banner from which nothing good can come, only more ill will and unnecessary unrest. 

May 04, 2015, 11:29:53 PM
Reply #10

phillyt

I thought we had passed beyond all this "Kenwright out" milarkey. He is a decent owner with the club's interests at heart. He is not an asset stripper like some other lamentable owners. We are likely to have him until he decides he cannot continue, presumably  like Ellis at Villa who probably packed in through old age. We are light years from winning the league and probably always will be until the financial  profile of the PL changes, if it ever will. Until then we try to "punch above our weight" which gets us so only so far up the league table. The club could be better run around the margins e.g. increased earnings from publicity and sales, but that can only make a marginal difference as a higher profile depends on prolonged success on the pitch. Ultimately that means regular seasons of Champions League appearances. In my opinion a totally pointless banner from which nothing good can come, only more ill will and unnecessary unrest. 

Is he a decent owner though, his/the boards record of failures is long, the club hasn't had any real commercial growth outside of the TV deals which cancel out as all premier league clubs get them and they will be all but swallowed up by increased wages/transfer/agent fees. Financially, and as the directors of the company this is their main job they have failed to invest themselves (beyond share purchase), attract investment or generate revenue. The commercial setup of the club is a tangled web of securitisation and mysterious loans. To say he is better than an asset stripper is astonishing as he has outsourced or sold all tangible assets/revenue streams bar the playing squad and Goodison and it could even be argued we don't even really own that. We certainly wouldn't have owned Kirkby and I doubt we will own WHP if it ever gets off the ground.

May 04, 2015, 11:34:45 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

You only need to look at the shite that Newcastle fans put up with to see that apathy and disengagement are the prevalent characteristics of modern football fanbases, their and our anger numbed by the ultra capitalist clutches of Sky with their bright colours and hyperbolic talk of 'the best league in the world'. They are to blame of course, but we're all culpable in it. And I'm saying nothing new, original or insightful.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 04, 2015, 11:39:55 PM
Reply #12

Shogun

Administrator
I think it's hard to take the whole stuff seriously, it only ever comes up when the team is performing poorly.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 05, 2015, 12:56:06 AM
Reply #13

phillyt

I think it's hard to take the whole stuff seriously, it only ever comes up when the team is performing poorly.

But at this particular moment it seems to have become more prevalent since our season has recovered. The problem is if we are doing well, you can't disrupt the good form, if we are doing badly you should get behind the team. There is always an undercurrent of tension regards bill but there is rarely time when it's appropriate or effective to speak out.

May 05, 2015, 01:27:50 AM
Reply #14

Major Clanger

Is he a decent owner though, his/the boards record of failures is long, the club hasn't had any real commercial growth outside of the TV deals which cancel out as all premier league clubs get them and they will be all but swallowed up by increased wages/transfer/agent fees. Financially, and as the directors of the company this is their main job they have failed to invest themselves (beyond share purchase), attract investment or generate revenue. The commercial setup of the club is a tangled web of securitisation and mysterious loans. To say he is better than an asset stripper is astonishing as he has outsourced or sold all tangible assets/revenue streams bar the playing squad and Goodison and it could even be argued we don't even really own that. We certainly wouldn't have owned Kirkby and I doubt we will own WHP if it ever gets off the ground.

In any other business that would count as gross mismanagement but unfortunately, by football standards, he still can easily be classed as a decent owner. I don't know what it is in football that makes even supposedly shrewd investors, like Tony Fernandes or Lakshmi Mittal, go completely bonkers, but there seems to be a pattern there.