December 11, 2017, 05:36:54 PM

Author Topic: #kenwrightOut  (Read 7336 times)

May 05, 2015, 01:33:20 AM
Reply #15

Major Clanger

You only need to look at the shite that Newcastle fans put up with to see that apathy and disengagement are the prevalent characteristics of modern football fanbases, their and our anger numbed by the ultra capitalist clutches of Sky with their bright colours and hyperbolic talk of 'the best league in the world'. They are to blame of course, but we're all culpable in it. And I'm saying nothing new, original or insightful.

You could just as easily argue that Newcastle are in this situation exactly because they hounded Shepherd out, and then they were moaning so much about Ashley and the cockney mafia that he decided to pull the plug on them.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

deCoubertin

May 05, 2015, 01:54:48 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Kenwright out hashtags seem to be gathering momentum on Twitter and also some bits on Facebook. What are folks feelings on this outside of the sphere of Twitter and Is there a bit of a groundswell of support for a movement to get rid (or in reality make him feel unloved enough to dent his ego).

It could be said that now is a time to be more vocal about it and put pressure on seen as we have nothing to play for . I'm not a fan of his leadership of our club, his failures speak for themselves and I believe if he wasn't a blue he would have been hounded out years ago.

I'd like to avoid phrases like he's better than venkys/Lerner/dem yanks, asking for names of people who can/will buy us and blaming the stadium for no one bring interested. While I think they, certainly the stadium at least are valid discussion points I'd like to see how people feel about whether bill, and the current board/ownership are good enough, and is now an ideal opportunity to let feelings known.

For me, I don't think we particularly need a billionaire (would obviously be easier) just someone with a more aggressive and intelligent business plan. Someone who accepts that away from the playing side football is a a big business and needs to be thought of in terms of profit, brand awareness, commercial reputation. Someone who will attack the Right markets at the right time (we missed the boat with a massive in to Australian markets). The club is in a position to capitalise on growing interest in the U.S., but will it?

Also if there was a vocal majority expressing desire to see the back of bill would it make a difference?

i think the people who blindly want him out should grow up.

i think the people who blindly support him should wake up.

i think the people who think tweeting about it will change a damn thing should do both.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:55:02 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 05, 2015, 02:53:00 AM
Reply #17

Paddockoldie

It often makes me laugh when this topic comes up because there's never a who would replace him. I'd like to know what that dodgy twat Philip Green brings to the club.. maybe he does his laundry with us?

May 05, 2015, 04:01:36 AM
Reply #18

School of Science

Like it or lump it, call it apathy as well if you like Kenwright aint going anywhere, he's a fan who has obtained his boyhood dream and he is not going to give it all away lightly. When the sale of Everton pops up, usually when were having a bad run, Bill nearly always is quoted as saying looking for investment and there lies the answer, "Investment not sale ". We will be sold when Bill has had enough. He has too much backing off our fans and the media, local or nationwide, when it matters.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 05, 2015, 05:00:34 AM
Reply #19

toffee_scot

Probably a very very small number of fans, not really sure what has prompted this considering that compared to previous seasons, Kenwright backed the manager very well ilast summer - I can't remember the last time we had a net spend of over 30m without selling any key players plus many of the main prospects signed long term deals.

May 05, 2015, 01:44:04 PM
Reply #20

montanatoffeefan

There's also the realisation that the FFP stabilised the status quo and closed down the era of billionaires turfing wagonloads of money into a playing squad and buying instant success.

It was the official establishment of a permanent aristocracy in football. And we are now doomed to live in the shadows of the Lords of Chelsea, Manchester, etc. until the end of time. Which makes what happened in the years leading up to it -- or rather, didn't happen -- all the more aggravating.
Everton forever.

May 05, 2015, 04:00:45 PM
Reply #21

Simon Paul

Administrator
Imagine if big business decisions were based on a hashtag

May 05, 2015, 06:31:05 PM
Reply #22

phillyt

Imagine if big business decisions were based on a hashtag

I'm certainly not suggesting for a minute that the board take a decision based solely on a hashtag. Although social media is a good platform to express things and if something took off to certain levels amongst any businesses customer base I would expect them to consider what action to take.

I'm wondering if the growth of feeling on social Media translates to other forums, and if there is now an opportunity to put pressure on the board and let feelings be known. Possibly leading to them taking action, either changing approach or making real efforts to form and execute an exit strategy.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

May 05, 2015, 07:03:30 PM
Reply #23

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
tbh, Im sick of having my love and loyalty to the club questioned anytime I defend Kenwright.

The majority of debates I have on here, twitter, the pub etc...... end with me getting accused of having my head in the sand or not knowing how big Everton are because I wasnt around in the 80's.

This is why anykind of movement will never take off. The fanbase is too divisive, and I think more and more people will become appathetic to the situation because of how people react when defending Kenwright.

Having been to Blue Union meetings and marches and seeing the people on twitter who are trying to start this movement I've come to the conclusion that I dont want any of these people having any kind of influence on the club.

Until attitudes change and the Kenwright 'haters' are willing to have reasoned debate then nothings going to change.

May 05, 2015, 07:47:23 PM
Reply #24

sirblue57

tbh, Im sick of having my love and loyalty to the club questioned anytime I defend Kenwright.

The majority of debates I have on here, twitter, the pub etc...... end with me getting accused of having my head in the sand or not knowing how big Everton are because I wasnt around in the 80's.

This is why anykind of movement will never take off. The fanbase is too divisive, and I think more and more people will become appathetic to the situation because of how people react when defending Kenwright.

Having been to Blue Union meetings and marches and seeing the people on twitter who are trying to start this movement I've come to the conclusion that I dont want any of these people having any kind of influence on the club.

Until attitudes change and the Kenwright 'haters' are willing to have reasoned debate then nothings going to change.

kenwright is not the club, when he first took over i was fucking delighted, a blue running the club and all that, its whats happened since that have changed my mind about him, like you ,i have been criticised for not supporting the club because i criticise bill.

i am fed up with the debates myself, we have differing opinions, fair enough. but i have, and always will, support the club and team, and if the board deserve credit, i will give it, and vice versa. neither stop me supporting the team.

having said all that, i think we are stuck with bill for the forseeable future. and it will only be after he has gone we will be able to judge his record objectively.

# etc will do nothing, only a full blown supporters protest will be acknowledged, yet even that would not be a game changer if bill wanted to stay.

still, its fun to vent every now and again  :whistle: :thumbsup:
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

May 05, 2015, 10:38:38 PM
Reply #25

phillyt

Personally I always steer clear of questioning people's loyalty etc, but the keep kenWright camp do usually place an unbelievable mount of stock in "he's a blue so he's got our best interests at heart", "who would you have in instead" and "at least he's not venkys" there are accusations of kopitery etc from the less intelligent among both camps in the absence of coherent argument for either viewpoint and that's wrong. Bill in or bill out you and I have our passionate opinions because we care what happens going forward and because we want to see success.

I am yet to, in my opinion, see any sensible and coherent argument in support of Bill that can counter the numerous failures he has overseen. That list is huge and is often countered by excuses rather than reasons to back him.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

May 05, 2015, 11:52:56 PM
Reply #26

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
So are Philly and sirblue gonna pull a 2 man Blackpool at the next home game?

May 06, 2015, 12:13:48 AM
Reply #27

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Personally I always steer clear of questioning people's loyalty etc, but the keep kenWright camp do usually place an unbelievable mount of stock in "he's a blue so he's got our best interests at heart", "who would you have in instead" and "at least he's not venkys" there are accusations of kopitery etc from the less intelligent among both camps in the absence of coherent argument for either viewpoint and that's wrong. Bill in or bill out you and I have our passionate opinions because we care what happens going forward and because we want to see success.

I am yet to, in my opinion, see any sensible and coherent argument in support of Bill that can counter the numerous failures he has overseen. That list is huge and is often countered by excuses rather than reasons to back him.

There's plenty of sensible pro Bill argument to be had, your mistake is trying to see it as pro and anti, black and white when most people are in between and that's about where any sensible person would be

May 06, 2015, 12:34:19 AM
Reply #28

74Blue

When you say that the keep Kenwright camp place a huge amount of stock in "he's a blue so he's got our best interests at heart", "who would you have in instead" and "at least he's not venkys", what is the big problem with that?
For every Man City, there is a Portsmouth. For every Chelsea, there is a Blackburn Rovers. So what is wrong with our current board being very picky about who they choose to do business with? In any case, who, apart from those inside the club, knows what offers may or may not have been made to invest/buy the club? Who would you consider to be a suitable replacement for the incumbent board? Sure, the current incumbents are far from perfect, but do you happen to know anybody with the type of cash required to buy the club, redevelop/relocate the stadium and provide the sort of investment over a sustained period that would have us challenging the top four consistently? If you do, are these people actively seeking a sleeping giant of a football club to spunk hundreds of millions of pounds into? Asking who would come in to replace him is a perfectly valid question. Would you want us to bring in a fucking loon like they have at Cardiff City, who decides we should play in red because it's lucky, or a knobhead like the one at Hull, who wants us to change our name to Everton Toffees of Liverpool? I certainly wouldn't want to see that.
The silly part of it all is that both camps have supporters who love the club and want nothing more than to see us challenging where we belong again. It's not constructive to label someone who simply has a different opinion on the way forward a kopite. We all want the same thing. We just have different opinions about how it can be achieved.

May 06, 2015, 01:56:47 AM
Reply #29

benny

NSNO Subscriber
When you say that the keep Kenwright camp place a huge amount of stock in "he's a blue so he's got our best interests at heart", "who would you have in instead" and "at least he's not venkys", what is the big problem with that?
For every Man City, there is a Portsmouth. For every Chelsea, there is a Blackburn Rovers. So what is wrong with our current board being very picky about who they choose to do business with? In any case, who, apart from those inside the club, knows what offers may or may not have been made to invest/buy the club? Who would you consider to be a suitable replacement for the incumbent board? Sure, the current incumbents are far from perfect, but do you happen to know anybody with the type of cash required to buy the club, redevelop/relocate the stadium and provide the sort of investment over a sustained period that would have us challenging the top four consistently? If you do, are these people actively seeking a sleeping giant of a football club to spunk hundreds of millions of pounds into? Asking who would come in to replace him is a perfectly valid question. Would you want us to bring in a fucking loon like they have at Cardiff City, who decides we should play in red because it's lucky, or a knobhead like the one at Hull, who wants us to change our name to Everton Toffees of Liverpool? I certainly wouldn't want to see that.
The silly part of it all is that both camps have supporters who love the club and want nothing more than to see us challenging where we belong again. It's not constructive to label someone who simply has a different opinion on the way forward a kopite. We all want the same thing. We just have different opinions about how it can be achieved.

well put 74 blue i fully agree with you mate