December 13, 2017, 12:12:10 AM

Author Topic: #kenwrightOut  (Read 7342 times)

May 06, 2015, 02:55:04 AM
Reply #30

phillyt

When you say that the keep Kenwright camp place a huge amount of stock in "he's a blue so he's got our best interests at heart", "who would you have in instead" and "at least he's not venkys", what is the big problem with that?
For every Man City, there is a Portsmouth. For every Chelsea, there is a Blackburn Rovers. So what is wrong with our current board being very picky about who they choose to do business with? In any case, who, apart from those inside the club, knows what offers may or may not have been made to invest/buy the club? Who would you consider to be a suitable replacement for the incumbent board? Sure, the current incumbents are far from perfect, but do you happen to know anybody with the type of cash required to buy the club, redevelop/relocate the stadium and provide the sort of investment over a sustained period that would have us challenging the top four consistently? If you do, are these people actively seeking a sleeping giant of a football club to spunk hundreds of millions of pounds into? Asking who would come in to replace him is a perfectly valid question. Would you want us to bring in a fucking loon like they have at Cardiff City, who decides we should play in red because it's lucky, or a knobhead like the one at Hull, who wants us to change our name to Everton Toffees of Liverpool? I certainly wouldn't want to see that.
The silly part of it all is that both camps have supporters who love the club and want nothing more than to see us challenging where we belong again. It's not constructive to label someone who simply has a different opinion on the way forward a kopite. We all want the same thing. We just have different opinions about how it can be achieved.

The reason I object  to the "he's a blue" thing is because to me this doesn't really matter, his record is  appalling. I would rather have a business minded person in charge who dissociate with the emotional, romanticism that an evertonian.
"Who would you have instead"  winds me up because it's as easy to reel off a list of names as it is to discredit suggestions, I would rather put it as a type of person I want in, or at least bill/board to become.

"At least he's not venkys" suggests that no value is placed in the motto that has served this club well over the years. This should always be followed by the words "...so they will do". To me it's just not good enough.

The thing is as nice as a chelsea/city type buyer would be and as shite as a venkys would be  the club is big enough to go forward with a more aggressive and intelligent corporate strategy.

You talk about a board picky about who they do business with, but the same board who seemingly won't do business with each other and are allegedly controlled by the mysterious hands of a certain retail tycoon.
You mention the prospect of a Cardiff scenario, well I would put it forward that trying to move Everton football club out of the city of Liverpool, a move based on a plethora of lies was just as bad if not worse, bringing me back to the "he's a blue thing" because if he wasn't he would be a distant memory. 

I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

deCoubertin

May 06, 2015, 04:30:00 AM
Reply #31

School of Science

The reason I object  to the "he's a blue" thing is because to me this doesn't really matter, his record is  appalling. I would rather have a business minded person in charge who dissociate with the emotional, romanticism that an evertonian.
"Who would you have instead"  winds me up because it's as easy to reel off a list of names as it is to discredit suggestions, I would rather put it as a type of person I want in, or at least bill/board to become.

"At least he's not venkys" suggests that no value is placed in the motto that has served this club well over the years. This should always be followed by the words "...so they will do". To me it's just not good enough.

The thing is as nice as a chelsea/city type buyer would be and as shite as a venkys would be  the club is big enough to go forward with a more aggressive and intelligent corporate strategy.

You talk about a board picky about who they do business with, but the same board who seemingly won't do business with each other and are allegedly controlled by the mysterious hands of a certain retail tycoon.
You mention the prospect of a Cardiff scenario, well I would put it forward that trying to move Everton football club out of the city of Liverpool, a move based on a plethora of lies was just as bad if not worse, bringing me back to the "he's a blue thing" because if he wasn't he would be a distant memory. 

Very good post mate your case was well stated.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 06, 2015, 05:06:47 AM
Reply #32

School of Science

Very good post mate your case was well stated.

You have to remember Bill is practically an institution to a lot of blues, he is a blue no denying that and it is a romantic thought that this is the guy who actually mortgaged his house umpteen times to buy the club. Evertonians  take pride in the fact we don't throw money around and don't have a billionaire foreign owner. Forgetting the fact we in the sixties and seventies were known as the Mersey millionaires, under Sir John Moores. The Liverpool Echo recently ran a story about poor Liverpool not winning a trophy in 3 years !, meanwhile Everton have gone 20 years without winning fuck all, Of course there was no story about that. I feel over the years we have been conditioned not to expect to win things, so when we don't, there is a feeling now of so what, we are I believe budgeted to finish seventh in the league, anything above that is a bonus, punching above our weight . Our best chance of any success at all is the cups, its not going to change anytime soon either.

May 06, 2015, 07:36:27 AM
Reply #33

Tony Clifton

With due respect, the only good to come from this thread, for me at least, is a severe the lack of short memories. ;)

#BillWasOkThisTimeLastYear
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:37:41 AM by Tony Clifton »

May 06, 2015, 10:05:49 AM
Reply #34

BrotherEstapol

With due respect, the only good to come from this thread, for me at least, is a severe the lack of short memories. ;)

#BillWasOkThisTimeLastYear
That's my gripe all the "out" supporters...and I'm talking about Moyes, Martinez and Kenwright.

They were and are always silent when we win.

If you're so dedicated to the cause then stick to your convictions and speak out even when we're winning.

Of course, most are just wanting to use a loss or bad performance as justification for their cause,  so it's the only time they care to bring it up.

May 06, 2015, 12:32:40 PM
Reply #35

Makis

If you're so dedicated to the cause then stick to your convictions and speak out even when we're winning.
Doesn't work because the Kenwright in camp argues that since we have won a few matches the club is well run.

May 06, 2015, 01:40:05 PM
Reply #36

phillyt

That's my gripe all the "out" supporters...and I'm talking about Moyes, Martinez and Kenwright.

Of course, most are just wanting to use a loss or bad performance as justification for their cause,  so it's the only time they care to bring it up.

I always speak about the inability and failure of our board, to me the financial performance can and should be looked at seperately from the on pitch performance. Ideally both will be high, and mutually beneficial.

The situation we have at Everton is, this season aside, is on the pitch we have a reasonably high performance on the pitch covering over a low performance financially. This creates the illusion that everything is fine, papers over the cracks.

Personally I get more sickened by Bill kenwright when we are doing well and he's all over the box waxing lyrical about how brilliant he is. This season though, nothing. When times have been difficult he should have been just as vocal as when times are good. If he wants to be a private, in the background leader that's fine by me but he needs to be consistent.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

May 06, 2015, 03:29:33 PM
Reply #37

School of Science

Hmm tbh I am like most supporters on here absolutely love it when we win and bloody well hate it when we lose. But win or lose I will never stop loving Everton and I think that goes with all different types of blues as well. Everton done fantastic last year, played great football , which is why Martinez deserves at least another year, to see if he can get us back to that. This year the board backed the manager, but tbh only with the sky money and the player sales. I do feel during the Moyes years the manager was never sufficiently backed enough, in fact there was one period were we went 3 or 4 years without buying a significant first team player. That time turned me against our board, with the mystery of who actually runs the club behind the scenes. Robert Earl was supposed to be a billionare yet seemingly sat back and watched us struggle. The rumours of Phillip Green pulling the strings, the Vibrac loans are we still getting them and all the secrecy that went with it during that period.
We have gone 20 years without a trophy, I was brought up on us being Champions, cup winners, that for me is desperately hard to take. I have a 20 year old son who has never seen us lift a trophy, its difficult to see that changing.