November 20, 2017, 08:10:10 AM

Author Topic: Tranmere v Everton  (Read 11001 times)

July 23, 2014, 04:41:30 AM
Reply #135

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's was given an insight into the level he needs to attain if he wants to play premiership football at an elite club, given his age it's understandable he's not part of the squad at the moment especially considering the position he plays in.

Not worth reading to much I to this.

Yeah he was only on the bench last year because of injuries as well.

I think because we saw Rooney come through at 16 there's a tendency (not implying that's the case in this thread ;) ) to want players through by the time they're 18 or they're never going to make it.

I don't suppose it's that uncommon a perception as it's one of the things Roberto wants to improve (the development of players from 18-21/22.

July 23, 2014, 04:52:51 AM
Reply #136

Ross

Yeah he was only on the bench last year because of injuries as well.

I think because we saw Rooney come through at 16 there's a tendency (not implying that's the case in this thread ;) ) to want players through by the time they're 18 or they're never going to make it.

I don't suppose it's that uncommon a perception as it's one of the things Roberto wants to improve (the development of players from 18-21/22.

Yeah Rooney was clearly exceptional but we've been pretty unique in giving youth players a taste of premiership experience. Vaughan, Anichebe, Rodwell, Barkely and Garbutt to name a few had time in the squad around the same age. It's a good learning curve and offers a great incentive for young players, there's nothing unusual seeing the lad take a few steps back at this time.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 23, 2014, 05:11:56 AM
Reply #137

Evertonian in NC

I have no doubt Joel will play the Cups (as will loads of subs, I agree with this 100%), but Timmy for Europa.

Nice that the Tranmere fans wanted to come out and see the 2014-15 Europa champions, and the 2015-16 Prem winners.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 23, 2014, 05:30:10 AM
Reply #138

Thornton_19

I have no doubt Joel will play the Cups (as will loads of subs, I agree with this 100%), but Timmy for Europa.

Nice that the Tranmere fans wanted to come out and see the 2014-15 Europa champions, and the 2015-16 Prem winners.

Pessimist. Where is the European Cup win in 2016

July 23, 2014, 02:29:00 PM
Reply #139

Macca77

Decent game, good workout out for the player, shame about the result but we go again...

July 23, 2014, 03:07:24 PM
Reply #140

charlatan

Didn't Ledson play at Southport on Saturday?

July 23, 2014, 05:31:51 PM
Reply #141

Rhys

Didn't Ledson play at Southport on Saturday?

Yes, man of the match apparently.

July 23, 2014, 07:30:02 PM
Reply #142

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
it appears you can watch the whole match 'on demand' without an evertontvlive subscription, just by logging in to your normal account.

can't watch highlights though. seems odd, possibly a glitch?

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/home/10453
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.