July 21, 2018, 01:17:13 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 28936 times)

May 24, 2015, 11:45:55 PM
Read 28936 times

Cuttyblue

In the entire League, this season just wasn't any fucking fun, was it?
3-0 vs Manu was fun, and a few of the Europa performances.  But the league was no good, downright awful and will quickly be forgotten.

May 24, 2015, 11:50:51 PM
Reply #1

Cuttyblue

A match fitting with most of the season.

No shape, no ideas going forward.

Very poor.

I thought there was indeed good shape.  Problem is too many individual errors as so many of our key players have taken a big backward step this year:

Baines
Howard
Coleman
Mirallas
Barkley
Barry

All had poor seasons.  Our individual performances have been and were awful today.

May 24, 2015, 11:53:41 PM
Reply #2

Cuttyblue

I've been totally cheated.  I've taken no, none, nil, nada satisfaction from the rs 6-1 humiliation to powerhouse Stoke City today.  None.  Thanks Everton.

Everton players need to schedule several individual long, hard looks into the mirror this summer.

May 24, 2015, 11:55:51 PM
Reply #3

Cuttyblue

Just can't accept Baines has had a poor season. That stats speak for themselves.

Shogs, I do see that his assist stats were good again.  But I don't think my eyes are lying to me... all season, not linking up as well going forward and not a stalwart in defence.

May 25, 2015, 12:05:11 AM
Reply #4

Cuttyblue

so jealous of Chelsea, their fans dont deserve this.

You need a wages limit in the Premier League.  We need that over here in baseball.

I've never been an NFL american football guy, but the "salary cap" has been a massive success for that sport and NBA basketball.  There are no Chelseas and Man Cities in NFL... every city's team has the capacity to build a winning team, despite a lower profile.  You cannot simply buy it.

May 25, 2015, 12:21:14 AM
Reply #5

Cuttyblue

They would only ever do that in line with FFP though, Cutty.

After all, the plan in football is to protect and reinforce the monopoly, not disrupt it

(Preemptive apology for going off forum topic)

UK and Europe surprises me in that there are large social welfare states, yet in sport, exploitative monopolies masquerading as "big clubs" as you referred to.  Seems strange to a Yank.

May 25, 2015, 12:27:44 AM
Reply #6

Cuttyblue

Bobby Martinez: "Of course it's been a very tough season but we have learned invaluable lessons that we will use in a good effect to start building towards where we want to be again."

Grrr... so vanilla.

May 25, 2015, 12:36:26 AM
Reply #7

Cuttyblue

Same for the US, for a country that bangs on so much about the free market, idolises the self-made man and cares so little about those who fall by the wayside, their sporting competitions look like pure communism.

I agree.  I am saying I like the competitive market wherein the NFL and NBA clubs compete.  Money is minimized somewhat, transfer strategy, team synergy and managerial ability maximized.  Unfortunately, I'm just not interested in either sport.

Well-supported but cash-poor clubs like ours would do well.

Edit: no, I did not know that.  I have no interest in the MLS.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:37:12 AM by Cuttyblue »