December 14, 2018, 02:20:14 AM

Author Topic: Summer 2015 Transfer Window rumour thread  (Read 573644 times)

September 02, 2015, 02:39:32 AM
Reply #5160

fubarruk

Held fire until end of the window...

Although not the worst we've had, was completely underwhelming as the one position we absolutely had to strengthen we didn't.

Martinez himself identified it as a must and the sought after 'number 10' never happened.

Another frustrating and tedious mediocre season beckons, and for that club has to be held accountable.

September 02, 2015, 02:56:51 AM
Reply #5161

toffee_scot

I wouldn't get too worked up on the failure to get a 'No 10' right now.

Of course it would have been nice to have brought in a playmaker and I don't doubt that Martinez tried very hard to identify the targets for that position. But I think Martinez wanted to make absolutely sure we got the perfect player for that position and in terms of quality had the potential to become world class. Unfortunately the right player was not available this window or was a little bit out of our price range as we had to concentrate on other areas of the team including on the wings and defence (I still think we are very short in defence).

I am willing to wait until January or next summer for that particular 'No 10' to join us.

September 02, 2015, 02:59:02 AM
Reply #5162

DanishEvertonfan

They havent sold their souls.
They have an owner who has invested in the club and in the playing squad.

Having a rubbish chairman like Kenwright is nothing to be proud off.

As for Athletico, they have spent money and the owners have invested in the club - unlike any of our owners.

City's owner is a dictator plain and simple and he's responsible for countless violations of human rights. I would be embarrassed if Everton had a similar owner.

Atletico have spend nothing compared to clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid and they get a much smaller part of the tv money compared to our share in the PRL, that's why their success is something special and something we should try to copy.

September 02, 2015, 02:59:39 AM
Reply #5163

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Also, Martinez doesn't like to buy players in January as he "doesn't feel there is value".

September 02, 2015, 03:02:52 AM
Reply #5164

Rhys

Of course it would have been nice to have brought in a playmaker and I don't doubt that Martinez tried very hard to identify the targets for that position. But I think Martinez wanted to make absolutely sure we got the perfect player for that position and in terms of quality had the potential to become world class. Unfortunately the right player was not available this window or was a little bit out of our price range as we had to concentrate on other areas of the team including on the wings and defence (I still think we are very short in defence).

I am willing to wait until January or next summer for that particular 'No 10' to join us.

True, but if this type of player is highly important to how we play against teams that sit and defend against us then why has he had 5 transfer windows and not bought one yet?

September 02, 2015, 03:04:30 AM
Reply #5165

School of Science

Also, Martinez doesn't like to buy players in January as he "doesn't feel there is value".

Well I hope for his sake there is a change of policy by Roberto this January and I sincerely hope Martinez is sounding this " No 10" out before then. No more mistakes a lot of fans feel let down over his broken promises this window.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 02, 2015, 03:06:39 AM
Reply #5166

DanishEvertonfan

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-window-net-spend-how-6363390?

Really only 5 teams having a net spend significantly bigger than Everton, one of them being Watford.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:15:50 AM by DanishEvertonfan »

September 02, 2015, 03:06:44 AM
Reply #5167

hill135

did we sign that Sevilla kid?

September 02, 2015, 03:22:42 AM
Reply #5168

Ridge

Has anyone got the vine where John Stones laughs at the end complete with monty python?

September 02, 2015, 03:31:01 AM
Reply #5169

Makis

We created two chances against Spurs, one from a mistake from their defender, one a cross from Oviedo. You don't think we need more creativity because that was hardly the only game in the last year when we were completely toothless?

Keep telling that to yourself. We don't do big deals in January and that 20 million will have disappeared by next summer.

September 02, 2015, 03:43:36 AM
Reply #5170

ForzaItalia

did we sign that Sevilla kid?

No, afraid not. He was the one I was most excited about tbh
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

September 02, 2015, 03:51:03 AM
Reply #5171

Heisenberg

planning your January signings on the day after deadline day, tells you that your summer window was a failure

September 02, 2015, 04:03:43 AM
Reply #5172

charlatan

Apparently we had to add 1.5m tax on top of the 5m and 3m went to mori or something complex. Either way it seems to come out at 9.5m not the 5m we all expected it to be and left us scratching our heads 9 hours after that news broke and puts significantly more pressure on him settling quickly and adapting than before because of the higher fee!

Typical Everton.  We've only had the lad in Liverpool for the last three weeks, and find out that its gonna be an extra 4.5m the day before the window ends.

Wanted Deulofeu and Lennon back, and after not wanting Cleverley been impressed by him so far.  However, after our main targets all summer (quoted by Martinez all summer as well) being a no 10 and a striker to back up Lukaku, to get neither is fucking scandalous.

I'd like to say I'm furious, truth is I'm not even arsed.  These cunts running our club into the ground have finished me.

September 02, 2015, 04:09:34 AM
Reply #5173

KoemansNumberTens

It just seems like no one has any fucking clue what they are doing at the club.
Either we are being lied to and the money's not there or we are so inept either as a board or in terms of a manager identifying targets that we aren't even capable of spending. It's hardly like we've negotiated for a few. We want players on loan others are willing to buy, we piss and fart around without any real plan and end up without what we needed most

It's all very well saying you're willing to wait, that martinez wanted the perfect player. We've just given up on competing for another season. Are stones lukaku coleman and barkley willing to wait too. How much might we lose in prize money with waiting? How much TV money from being shit boring to watch?
We're always waiting and nothing ever changes.
I just want us to have a fucking plan whatever that may be. We've no direction on or off the pitch.

September 02, 2015, 04:14:37 AM
Reply #5174

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely