November 18, 2017, 12:01:54 AM

Author Topic: Anyone else have a problem with this sentence?  (Read 2555 times)

June 07, 2010, 04:25:03 PM
Reply #15

BlueSte

"Or, sensationally, Liverpool want to poach David Moyes from bitter rivals Everton."

On the BBC Website.

It makes it seem like we're the bitter ones and Liverpool are angels, and this is on a supposedly neutral website.

I understand it's a bitter and fierce rivalry but I couldn't imagine them putting something like "Everton want to sign Ryan Babel from bitter rivals Liverpool."

If it were United it'd be "fierce rivals" or something like that.

Not the bitter cos I am I suppose, but this (in bold), nah I don't even have a problem with this never gona happen. the shite fans must be really embarrassed though lol
The Black Watch

deCoubertin

June 07, 2010, 04:25:58 PM
Reply #16

BlueSte

This, the BBC is publicly owned and has no agenda. Unlike Sky. It will simply be lazy unskilled writing from a journo hack.

Errm match of the day anyone
The Black Watch

June 07, 2010, 04:30:30 PM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

It wasn't even a BBC headline ffs, it was on the rumours page.

June 07, 2010, 08:49:37 PM
Reply #18

BigWoodenSpoon

It just seems like a load of bile if you ask me.  Like everything that seems to be written about Merseyside.  They've couldn't have said 'Merseyside neighbours' could they.  Just something to stir up supporters in this lull before the World Cup starts.

June 07, 2010, 08:56:02 PM
Reply #19

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Errm match of the day anyone

Common sense, the majority want to see the bigger teams so they are put on first.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 07, 2010, 09:08:48 PM
Reply #20

.Rimbo.

Common sense, the majority want to see the bigger teams so they are put on first.

The commentators are so biased and matter-of-fact though all the time and it's ridiculous. I'm not saying it's a biased company, it's not, but that doesn't mean some of the people on it are unbiased.

Say United are getting beat 1-0 and turn it around to 2-1. The commentator will say in that twatty voice, "Rooney...2-1! Order is restored!". Or something daft like that.