November 24, 2017, 11:46:28 AM

Author Topic: Ian Holloway  (Read 6886 times)

June 06, 2010, 11:05:46 PM
Read 6886 times

123_efc

My mate works for a soccer schools company and had to go to some Football Convention at the NEC in Birmingham today so I went down with him and another mate.  Loads of old pros there, met Iain Dowie, Graham Taylor, Alan Curbishly, Julian Dicks, Alan Smith and Ian Holloway. There was a Q&A session with Holloway, and he said Coleman is the shizzle. Said about how his nickname is The Mustard, not because of the Coleman reference, but because he's that good.  I asked him after the session if he wanted Coleman back and he said he'd have him in a heartbeat, but doesn't know if we'll let them have him back. He also said he thinks he's going to the top!
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

deCoubertin

June 06, 2010, 11:06:52 PM
Reply #1

Endless, Nameless

I'm so glad Holloway's in the prem. Gives me two things to look forward to on MotD!!
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 06, 2010, 11:12:00 PM
Reply #2

123_efc

I'm so glad Holloway's in the prem. Gives me two things to look forward to on MotD!!

Yeah he gave a few classic Holloway quotes!
He also said hes going to be looking to young loan players on the continent because theres no limit on the amount of foreign loanees you can have, but cant have more than 2 at any point from an English team. He metioned Coleman and Welbeck as the English based loan players he wanted.

June 06, 2010, 11:13:06 PM
Reply #3

AidyEFC9

His after match talks to reporters are going to be fun, some of the things he says and comes out with are hilarious.

And i hope he's right about Coleman too, I'm sure he is going to be a good player in time.

June 06, 2010, 11:15:54 PM
Reply #4

Endless, Nameless

I just hope Coleman can break out for us next season, rather than be loaned out for the duration. If he has to be, then fine, but fingers crossed.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 06, 2010, 11:25:29 PM
Reply #5

AidyEFC9

I don't think it would be a bad thing for him to be loaned back out to Blackpool for the entire season.

I'd like him to break through next year and make the RB spot his own but if Moyesy persists with Neville or Hibbert then loaning him back to Blackpool will be good for him to get Premier League experience.

June 06, 2010, 11:29:20 PM
Reply #6

jayc3

for me i'd loan coleman out til january then get him back and give him a go

June 06, 2010, 11:34:56 PM
Reply #7

plumber

I'm glad to see Holloway in the prem, too. Will be the most charismatic manager of the EPL.

June 06, 2010, 11:37:11 PM
Reply #8

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm glad to see Holloway in the prem, too. Will be the most charismatic manager of the EPL.

Now Benitez has gone  :snigger:

June 07, 2010, 01:07:10 AM
Reply #9

Chazman

Give them Hibbert instead  nod
"I fuckin love this club"

June 07, 2010, 04:11:53 AM
Reply #10

MmmBlueRamirez

i like Holloway. He is brutaly honest and says it like he sees it. Im glad to hear he has only positive things to say about coleman but holloways management experience is limited at the top level and he hasn't really had the opportunity to work with and manage top class players like your capellos and hiddinks etc. so we should perhaps take his opinion on coleman with a slight pinch of salt. I do hope he is right though.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 07, 2010, 07:52:18 AM
Reply #11

123_efc

He said Blackpool will  'probably' go down, and he touched on the fact he expects to be out of a job by christmas. Also saw him do an excellent drill on teaching how to 'run with the 3rd man.' Id recommend to everyone to go to one of these conventions!

June 07, 2010, 04:35:30 PM
Reply #12

BlueSte

Any mention of Charlie Adam?
The Black Watch

June 07, 2010, 04:45:21 PM
Reply #13

cad

Should be the most amusing post-match interviews since Strachan at Coventry.

Looking forward to them, and I hope Blackpool stay up :)
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

June 07, 2010, 04:49:24 PM
Reply #14

Jamokachi

I hope Blackpool get relegated and continue down to the Blue Square Premiership.