November 18, 2017, 09:59:35 PM

Author Topic: Ian Holloway  (Read 6871 times)

June 07, 2010, 04:58:38 PM
Reply #15

everton-4-ever

he's good value i like him
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

deCoubertin

June 07, 2010, 05:24:28 PM
Reply #16

cad

I hope Blackpool get relegated and continue down to the Blue Square Premiership.

What a strange thing to say?

veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

June 07, 2010, 05:29:55 PM
Reply #17

123_efc

Any mention of Charlie Adam?
Yea, someone asked how he got the best out of him, he said it's all Adam. He just built his system to suit him, so he's allowed to just roam where he wants. He also went on about 'The 3 E's - Encouragment, Enthusiam, Enjoyment.' Said thats how he got him come out of his shell
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

June 07, 2010, 05:42:21 PM
Reply #18

everton-4-ever

I hope Blackpool get relegated and continue down to the Blue Square Premiership.

why?

would you rather a yo-yo club return buy a few overseas no-marks go down and make 90m in a cold hard cash like west brom ect do every 2 years

or a small club who have dragged themselves from the bottom to the top with hard work and good managment i would sooner they made the 90m and safeguarded there longterm future rather than west broms board get great bonuses again

June 07, 2010, 06:20:13 PM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

why?

would you rather a yo-yo club return buy a few overseas no-marks go down and make 90m in a cold hard cash like west brom ect do every 2 years

or a small club who have dragged themselves from the bottom to the top with hard work and good managment i would sooner they made the 90m and safeguarded there longterm future rather than west broms board get great bonuses again

I wanted Cardiff there. Not some shite with eight thousand fans. It's got nothing to do with West Brom.

June 07, 2010, 06:21:35 PM
Reply #20

everton-4-ever

I wanted Cardiff there. Not some shite with eight thousand fans. It's got nothing to do with West Brom.

isnt there a welsh premier league?

June 07, 2010, 06:24:06 PM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

Yes. But Cardiff play in the English league.

As a side, my local team, Bala, play in the Welsh Premiership and my best mate's dad is their chairman lolol

June 07, 2010, 06:27:54 PM
Reply #22

everton-4-ever

Yes. But Cardiff play in the English league.

As a side, my local team, Bala, play in the Welsh Premiership and my best mate's dad is their chairman lolol

i hate these shitty welsh team playing in england why not play in your own country like the jocks do

June 07, 2010, 06:40:21 PM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

Hardly shitty really. Two of our four teams are in the upper echelons of the second tier, one has been pushing for promotion for several years now. One has just got into the Blue Square after years in the wilderness following liquidation where as the other has slipped down the leagues after being financilly raped by a twat of an owner. Welsh teams have been part and parcel of the English game since the year dot.

June 07, 2010, 06:42:43 PM
Reply #24

Endless, Nameless

I don't understand why these Welsh teams were allowed into the English league, but nevertheless some of them have been there since before any of us were born. I'd just like to know how they were allowed in considering they're not English teams.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 07, 2010, 06:44:41 PM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

I don't understand why these Welsh teams were allowed into the English league, but nevertheless some of them have been there since before any of us were born. I'd just like to know how they were allowed in considering they're not English teams.

The fact Wales isn't actually a recognised country may have something to do with it?

June 07, 2010, 06:49:03 PM
Reply #26

Tellittoyourking

Stick him on the wing with Neville supporting.

Fuck that for a laugh. Even Arteta and Pienaar have looked poor on the right with that clown punting balls down the channel.

June 07, 2010, 06:50:56 PM
Reply #27

cad

As good an explanation as any:

" The club was founded in 1899 and joined the Football League in 1920 after spending a decade in the Southern League. During their histroy Cardiff have played in all four professional divisions of the Football League. They currently play in the second tier of the Football League, the Championship.

The Welsh league was formed in 1992 by Alun Evans, Secretary General of the Football Association of Wales, as he believed that the Welsh international football team was under threat from FIFA. Wales, along with the other three home nations, have a permanent seat on the International Football Association Board (IFAB) and it was thought that many FIFA members were resentful of this and pressing for the four nations to unite into one combined side for the whole of the United Kingdom.

At the time, Wales was almost unique in world football in that it didn't have a national league of its own (Puerto Rico, part of the United States, also has football and baseball teams that compete in the larger country's system, though no promotion and relegation exists). Traditionally, the best teams in Wales had always played over the border in the English leagues. Cardiff City, Swansea City, Wrexham are members of the Football League. Aberdare Athletic, Merthyr Town (both now defunct) and the original Newport County were all members of the English football league before being relegated. Famously, Oswestry Town F.C. an English team did the reverse and played within the Welsh football pyramid until they merged with Total Network Solutions to form the New Saints.

Because of poor transportation links, it has always been much easier for Welsh clubs to travel east-west than north-south so clubs tended to look east to England for competitors and many of the top semi-professional sides in Wales also played in the English football league; Bangor City were founder members of the Football Conference (then the Alliance Premier League) in 1979 and reached the FA Trophy final in 1984, before transferring to the new League of Wales in 1992.

The formation of the League of Wales saw the start of a bitter dispute between the Football Association of Wales (FAW) and those non-English League clubs who wanted to remain part of the English football league. The 'Irate Eight', as they were dubbed, consisted of Bangor City, Barry Town, Caernarfon Town, Colwyn Bay, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport County, Newtown and Rhyl.

Prior to the inaugural season, Bangor City, Newtown and Rhyl returned to play in Wales. However as Rhyl's application to join the league was late, they were placed in the second level of the pyramid system. Because of FAW sanctions, the remaining five clubs were forced to play their home matches in England. Following a season in exile at Worcester City, five became four, as Barry Town joined the Welsh league system.

A court ruling in 1995 allowed the remaining four clubs to return to Wales to play their home matches while still remaining within the English system; despite this victory, Caernarfon Town decided to join the League of Wales. However, Colwyn Bay, Merthyr Tydfil and Newport County remain in the English league pyramid system."
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

June 07, 2010, 06:51:48 PM
Reply #28

Endless, Nameless

The fact Wales isn't actually a recognised country may have something to do with it?

What??

I'm sure you know more than me about Wales, but are you sure? Wales is a country and a part of the UK, just like Scotland, so what's the difference?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 07, 2010, 06:52:35 PM
Reply #29

everton-4-ever

what?

so is the welsh international team an illusion during world cup and euro cup qualifiers?