October 24, 2018, 07:20:50 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton agree fee for Mori  (Read 24825 times)

August 19, 2015, 04:48:42 AM
Read 24825 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Everton agree fee for Mori

Reports from Argentina claim that Everton have agreed a fee of around £5m with River Plate for Argentinian international Ramiro Funes Mori.

Source: Everton agree fee for Mori

August 19, 2015, 04:58:16 AM
Reply #1

TSGun

85 times in 7yrs...has he been injured a lot of the time?

August 19, 2015, 04:59:02 AM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
85 times in 7yrs...has he been injured a lot of the time?
Or just not good enough
Simply simply lovely

August 19, 2015, 05:02:16 AM
Reply #3

Big Al

Totally Meh with this news !
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

August 19, 2015, 05:08:22 AM
Reply #4

Ari

Or just not good enough

2008 he was 17.

2011 he was 20

2013 he was 22

2015 he is  24 (49 games last season.)

you are so negative bunch

August 19, 2015, 05:11:40 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

You'd hope he's been scouted to death, so hopefully it's a good deal. Always a bit wary of S. Americans coming straight over tbh. Usually take a good year or two to settle, if they do.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 19, 2015, 05:14:34 AM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm excited for this tbh.

August 19, 2015, 05:15:20 AM
Reply #7

Simon Paul

Administrator
someone on Twitter just said he has an Italian passport (the player, not the Tweeter)

no idea whether this is true or not

August 19, 2015, 05:15:48 AM
Reply #8

Rhys

I'm trying to think of any good South American centre backs that have been here in the last 10 years?

Never seen him play so can't add anything on what I think just doesn't seem to have been any decent ones here that I can think of.

August 19, 2015, 05:18:41 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
Good bit of business. I read on here so it must be true that you need £40m to buy two centre backs, if we've got one for £5m that's brilliant. :)

August 19, 2015, 05:18:51 AM
Reply #10

toffee_scot

He's probably has the potential to be a very decent player.

However, if Jags or Stones (assuming he stays at Everton) pick up a 'soft tissue' injury in September, I am not sure I would feel very confident throwing this guy right in for an extended run in the team especially as he will have to adapt to the pace and intensity of the game here.

If we are going to bring him in then I hope we can also bring in an experienced Premier League defender either on loan or on a short term deal similar to when we brought in Lucas Neill

August 19, 2015, 05:19:45 AM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Kevin Reeves is the geezer to blame or to praise anyway, if it goes tits up or works out.

His scouting stats are fairly shit on FM, as I recall. I always bin him off the moment I take over.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 19, 2015, 05:24:22 AM
Reply #12

MexicanToffee

I saw him play both legs of the Copa Libertadores a few weeks ago. He was quick and wasn't afraid to get up front. Didn't have much to contend with to be fair as Tigres are not really clicking at the mo, but he looked strong and likes to play the ball. Would rather we were in for his brother though. Very decent striker.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:24:58 AM by MexicanToffee »
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

August 19, 2015, 05:26:26 AM
Reply #13

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I saw him play both legs of the Copa Libertadores a few weeks ago. He was quick and wasn't afraid to get up front. Didn't have much to contend with to be fair as Tigres are not really clicking at the mo, but he looked strong and likes to play the ball. Would rather we were in for his brother though. Very decent striker.

Was version of FM was this on?
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

August 19, 2015, 05:28:29 AM
Reply #14

toffee_scot

Kevin Reeves is the geezer to blame or to praise anyway, if it goes tits up or works out.

His scouting stats are fairly shit on FM, as I recall. I always bin him off the moment I take over.

I wonder if he was the one who scouted Mauro Boselli when Martinez decided to sign him for Wigan for a club record fee - before loaning him out a few months later.