October 17, 2017, 04:22:22 PM

Author Topic: Tomorrows Eleven  (Read 1481 times)

December 12, 2009, 07:44:19 PM
Read 1481 times

timloid

I have been thinking for a while recently what sort of team we could be putting out, say even next season and feel rather excited. A suggestion but I'd be happy to hear from others what they mighthave in mind.

My team:
                                    Howard
Coleman         Heitinga                       Jagielka                Baines

Pienaar           Rodwell                       Arteta                   Bilyaletdinov

Donovan

Saha

On the Bench
   Yakubu.   Neville         Yobo           Cahill             Fellaini         (A goalkeeper)
Born a 'BLUE'

deCoubertin

December 12, 2009, 07:54:56 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I doubt Donovan will be here next season for a start, so I'd drop him and put the Yak up front with Saha.

Rodwell out and Fellaini in.

I'd like to see Jags and Heitinga together, but as someone has pointed out, they both lack height.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

December 12, 2009, 07:55:58 PM
Reply #2

Endless, Nameless

For me
Neill Heitinga Jagielka Baines
Pienaar Neville Arteta Bily
Cahill
Saha

Bench: Donovan Yak Rodwell Fellaini Yobo Coleman Nash

Although Heitinga is untested for us at CB really, but as long as he's as good as he is in DM roles, he'll be our second best CB.
And I'd have Neill at RB for sure. He's been poor recently, but that has been at CB. He's been ok at RB and he has lots of experience. Coleman doesn't have enough of that to be the first choice RB.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 12, 2009, 07:58:40 PM
Reply #3

Endless, Nameless

I doubt Donovan will be here next season for a start, so I'd drop him and put the Yak up front with Saha.

Rodwell out and Fellaini in.

I'd like to see Jags and Heitinga together, but as someone has pointed out, they both lack height.

One is 5"11 and one is 6"0. Not small, but not particularly tall. But when we play teams like Stoke or Spurs with Crouch you could bring in Distin or Yobo. And tbh I've never noticed Jags struggle in the air, even though he's not a giant.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.