0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 25459 times)

August 30, 2015, 04:28:36 AM
Reply #525

Mayor Farnum

like Tim Howard said, he needs another 50 games or so before he's anywhere near the finished article

we need to give him that time

saying that, we've given Barkley no time at all so why should Stones expect any different?

Because someday the penny will have to drop for Evertonians?   

August 30, 2015, 04:30:55 AM
Reply #526

irishtoffee

I missed the match as I was out for a meal for my dad's birthday.

Judging by what I read on the BBC Sport live feed, we were under the cosh for large portions of the match, and had Howard to thank for some exceptional saves. Sounds like Stones played well in spite of everything, but that we were lethargic after so much energy being used up on Wednesday.

Gutted for Cleverley getting injured too. Was it as bad as it's being made out to be? And how did we play overall, for those who watched?
pretty how it went alright. We had a few decent spells of non threatening possession as usual. 1 decent headed effort by kone and a lot of poor set pieces mainly by Barkley. The cleverly injury was one of those scissor tackles where either the ankle or knee hoes as it gets trapped between the other fellas legs. He put his hands up straight away and seemed in pain but not screaming.

August 30, 2015, 04:36:08 AM
Reply #527

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I missed the match as I was out for a meal for my dad's birthday.

Judging by what I read on the BBC Sport live feed, we were under the cosh for large portions of the match, and had Howard to thank for some exceptional saves. Sounds like Stones played well in spite of everything, but that we were lethargic after so much energy being used up on Wednesday.

Gutted for Cleverley getting injured too. Was it as bad as it's being made out to be? And how did we play overall, for those who watched?

We were a little better second half I thought but generally quite poor first ten minutes aside. Kone and Howard played well everyone else average at best.Cleverley is ligament damage so not as long as first thought but still six weeks I reckon.

We should have improved when Mirallas came on but he was decidely shit, didn't help that he seemed to be playing centrally.

August 30, 2015, 11:17:59 AM
Reply #528

bluenuck

Happy with the point. Well earned. It's going to be like this for another 5 or 6 games. Very tough start to the season.

But, going forward, we look terrible with the ball. No movement ,no pace, no creativity, nothing. We have to be one of the most boring teams to watch in the prem league. Why does no-one without the ball make a run? Why are we all just standing still?

Watching that, it doesn't bold well for the near future. If it wasn't for Howard we should have lost that game 4-0.

August 30, 2015, 04:26:07 PM
Reply #529

ally2

As long as he doesn't leave it until the 80th minute to bring del on.

84th in the end