0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
87 (77.7%)
Lennon (Sub)
0 (0%)
Funes Mori (Sub)
2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 42445 times)

September 09, 2015, 04:41:40 AM
Read 42445 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Chelsea FC
Goodison Park
Saturday 12th September 12:45
Premier League Match 5

Everton's Opening Fixtures

Everton 2-2 Watford (Barkley, Kone)
Southampton 0-3 Everton (Lukaku x2, Barkley)
Everton 0-2 Man City
Barnsley 3-5 Everton - League Cup (Mirallas, Naismith, Lukaku x2, O.G.)
Tottenham 0-0 Everton

Chelsea's Opening Fixtures

Chelsea 2-2 Swansea City (Oscar, O.G.)
Man City 3-0 Chelsea
West Brom 2-3 Chelsea (Pedro, Costa, Azpilicuta)
Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace (Falcao)
Everton v Chelsea

Everton

Everton took a point away from White Hart Lane in their last Premier League fixture thanks to a goalless draw against Tottenham. The Toffees have now recorded as many clean sheets in their opening four matches this season as they did in the opening eight matches of last season (2). Everton have failed to score in their previous two league matches and they haven't gone three matches in succession without a goal since David Moyes' side failed to find the net in four matches during 2006. Roberto Martinez picked up his first victory as Everton manager against Chelsea but the visitors have won two of the last three meetings at Goodison Park and five of the last six meetings between the sides overall. If Everton fail to win, it'll be consecutive seasons that they've failed to win any of their opening three fixtures at Goodison Park.

Everton rejected numerous approaches from Chelsea in the summer for John Stones, so naturally most of the attention will be on him in the first match after the transfer window. Everton conceded 24 goals in the 15 Premier League matches that Stones didn't feature in last season and just the 26 goals in 23 Premier League matches that he did rack up an appearance. John Terry received many plaudits during Chelsea title win but Stones matches up pretty well against the former England captain in a lot of areas, with the exception of goal scoring, though the Chelsea CB is the highest scoring member of Chelsea's current squad with 39 league goals.

Possible Line-Ups

Chelsea

Chelsea have made a dreadful start by their high standards to their title defence with just one win in four matches and defeats to Manchester City away along with Crystal Palace at home in the process and their total of four points after four matches is their worst start to a campaign since 1994/95 (3pts). Chelsea kept 17 clean sheets in 38 league matches last season but they're one of the seven teams who are yet to keep a clean sheet so far this season. The Blues have also conceded 2+ goals in each of their last four premier league matches for the first time since December 2006 and have only won two of their previous seven league matches stretching into last season. Eden Hazard in on the second longest drought of his career after failing to score in his last seven matches with his longest drought last nine matches.

Like he does against most teams, Jose Mourinho has an excellent record when he's come up against Everton. In 12 matches, he's tasted victory on eight occasions and only lost once.The only Premier League teams he has beaten on more occasions are Manchester United (9 in 20 matches), Tottenham (10 in 15 matches) and Liverpool (11 in 22 matches). Chelsea also have an excellent record against Roberto Martinez who has only beaten the West London club twice in 12 matches and he's conceded 6 goals or more in a match on three of those occasions. Having said all that three of the four fixtures between Martinez and Mourinho have ended in a 1-0 home win.

Statistics

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 09, 2015, 04:46:55 AM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator

September 09, 2015, 04:55:49 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Nice one Shogs.

So the general approach of Chelsea's opponents this year seems to be get your left sided attacker to destroy Ivanovic.

Need a big game from Kev, if it's him out there.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:56:08 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 09, 2015, 04:58:00 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Nice one Shogs.

So the general approach of Chelsea's opponents this year seems to be get your left sided attacker to destroy Ivanovic.

Need a big game from Kev, if it's him out there.

We'll probably play Naismith out there.

September 09, 2015, 05:29:42 AM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
None of this Kone on the right nonsense with Pedro and hazard playing, please.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:30:14 AM by TheRam »

September 09, 2015, 05:34:58 AM
Reply #5

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we destroy them, physically & mentally.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 09, 2015, 06:09:32 AM
Reply #6

blueski

lolol hit and run
Nil Satis

September 09, 2015, 02:02:51 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

None of this Kone on the right nonsense with Pedro and hazard playing, please.

Yes, it will happen though

September 09, 2015, 02:13:55 PM
Reply #8

MmmblueBernard

Pace is what is needed. Terry is shit to bits and Cahill and ivanovic shown to be vulnerable. So, we need quick men out wide. I'd like to start with Lennon out right switching to del in the 2nd half. Hopefully we can get a full game out of Mirallas.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 09, 2015, 02:17:56 PM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hope to see

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Oviedo
Barry
Mccarthy Barkley
Lennon Mirallas
Lukaku
Simply simply lovely

September 09, 2015, 02:42:21 PM
Reply #10

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Have a good feeling about this game, atmosphere will be good so I hope an early Chelsea goal doesn't kill it like last year.

How do we usually perform after international breaks?
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

September 09, 2015, 03:48:06 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

Hope to see

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Oviedo
Barry
Mccarthy Barkley
Lennon Mirallas
Lukaku

Cant see Lennon starting, he hasn't played a game for months

September 09, 2015, 03:51:24 PM
Reply #12

Thornton_19

Same was said about Barry 2 years ago and he had a stormer against Chelsea.

September 09, 2015, 03:57:39 PM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He hadnt played last season in ageswhen he signed, he looked (on his pics) in better knick this time around and they will have had a good 10 days working with him at FF
Simply simply lovely

September 09, 2015, 04:20:22 PM
Reply #14

Rodenplav64

Just don't get caught on the break as often as we did last season and we will beat them . Showed in the game last year that we can open them up . Their shit start can't go on for ever but as long as it last one more game I don't mind . 2-1 to us . Lukaku and Barkley and a Stones OG for them .