0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (2.2%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 56788 times)

October 28, 2015, 04:49:06 AM
Reply #570

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
If not MOTM he at least deserves an Oscar. Not since Sly Stallone in escape to victory have we seen someone hamming up the role of goalkeeping as much as 'Hollywood' Robles.

Well done lad.

fucking hell.

Didn't we beat Juve?

in america ffs
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 28, 2015, 04:49:24 AM
Reply #571

Alfie Noakes

Am I allowed to say me?

Two reasons really, Martinez said he wants to win this cup, but for large parts of the game it was the same predictable, frustrating Everton, slow, slow,slow....go behind and it's a different Everton. Why can we not, at home, dominate "with respect" Norwich?

Second reason is selfish and linked to the above, we all work had, look forward to the games, kick off with untold optimism and blind belief that our Everton are the real deal.....Martinez lately has even picked players we all want to see play, not warm the bench.......I want to be a Shefield Wednesday fan tonight, that's the feeling I want after a game, not sat here "relieved" my team beat Norwich in a penalty shot out.

Of course you are!

I don't know how long you've been watching Everton but I remember a 'Milk Cup' game in Oxford mid-80's where Everton were crap but won the game.
Just in case you're too young, check in on the net- a few good things happened after that  :)

October 28, 2015, 04:51:38 AM
Reply #572

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Is there any realistic chance of Joel keeping his place?

With his run in the side he got better the more he played. Really think Howard's bad form alone would warrant the lad being given a run. But he showed some really encouraging signs tonight that he should start on merit
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 28, 2015, 04:53:25 AM
Reply #573

Alfie Noakes

Is there any realistic chance of Joel keeping his place?

With his run in the side he got better the more he played. Really think Howard's bad form alone would warrant the lad being given a run. But he showed some really encouraging signs tonight that he should start on merit

Spot on.

October 28, 2015, 04:53:35 AM
Reply #574

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Joel did well to be fair. He didn't make a save that I didn't expect or imagine Howard wouldnt make mind but it's gotta be a confidence boost for the lad
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:54:19 AM by Jimmywhack »
Simply simply lovely

October 28, 2015, 04:55:19 AM
Reply #575

Shogun

Administrator
Joel did well to be fair. He didn't make a save that I didn't expect or imagine Howard wouldnt make mind but it's gotta be a confidence boost for the lad

Really? the problem with Howard is that he moves out the way of shots he should save.
I never claimed to be a saint

October 28, 2015, 04:57:11 AM
Reply #576

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Really? the problem with Howard is that he moves out the way of shots he should save.
Yeah really. The best save he made for me was the one when grabban (I think) was offside
Other than that they were all saves I'd expect any keeper to make.
Simply simply lovely

October 28, 2015, 04:58:13 AM
Reply #577

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah really. The best save he made for me was the one when grabban (I think) was offside

I agree but Howard hasn't been making them saves. There's no way we'd have only conceded one goal with Howard tonight.
I never claimed to be a saint

October 28, 2015, 04:58:26 AM
Reply #578

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That's the problem with howard, he doesn't make saves you expect him to make.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 28, 2015, 04:58:29 AM
Reply #579

Gash

Global Moderator
fucking hell.

He did alright coming in and made a couple of decent saves, but they weren't anything I wouldn't expect him to get. Even the one from the header just outside the six yard box wasn't hit that hard. If it was Howard they'd be called routine so it's the same for Robles.

He still looked terribly unsure at the half dozen corners they had in the first half. Apart from one where he was blocked in he came then changed his mind and tried to backtrack again, if a Norwich player got a decent head on any of them he'd have been caught on the back foot. Even for their goal he came, didn't make it and never got properly back on position before they scored. He was nothing special, even the penalty save was a fairly easy save as long as he went they right way.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:59:11 AM by Gash »

October 28, 2015, 04:58:42 AM
Reply #580

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

most goals Howard has let in this season have been shots i expect any keeper to make.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 28, 2015, 04:59:12 AM
Reply #581

Alfie Noakes

Didn't he win the game?

October 28, 2015, 04:59:33 AM
Reply #582

howard1334

If not MOTM he at least deserves an Oscar. Not since Sly Stallone in escape to victory have we seen someone hamming up the role of goalkeeping as much as 'Hollywood' Robles.

Well done lad.

He is a little overly dramatic, but I think his one save of the header was legit. He had to claw that off the line.

October 28, 2015, 04:59:47 AM
Reply #583

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I agree but Howard hasn't been making them saves. There's no way we'd have only conceded one goal with Howard tonight.
Maybe,maybe not
Had Howard let them in tonight he'd have deserved a bollocking as would robles had he let them in.
Simply simply lovely

October 28, 2015, 05:00:00 AM
Reply #584

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
He did alright coming in and made a couple of decent saves, but they weren't anything I wouldn't expect him to get. Even the one from the header just outside the six yard box wasn't hit that hard. If it was Howard they'd be called routine so it's the same for Robles.

He still looked terribly unsure at the half dozen corners they had in the first half. Apart from one where he was blocked in he came then changed his mind and tried to backtrack again, if a Norwich player got a decent head on any of them he'd have been caught on the back foot. Even for their goal he came, didn't make it and never got properly back on position before they scored. He was nothing special

was special after the shite we have been seeing every week with Howard in goal. and my 'fucking hell' was to the 'hollywood' comment. Thought it was a bit dickish to be honest.

Vamos lá Everton!