0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (2.2%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 60374 times)

October 28, 2015, 05:00:34 AM
Reply #585

Alanvideo

Decent gate 31,694.
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 28, 2015, 05:01:10 AM
Reply #586

Gash

Global Moderator
most goals Howard has let in this season have been shots i expect any keeper to make.

The two v Arsenal and the one against Liverpool were him completely fucking up and not punching or catching them. He's still a decent shot stopper, just not much good at the other stuff.

October 28, 2015, 05:02:41 AM
Reply #587

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
The two v Arsenal and the one against Liverpool were him completely fucking up and not punching or catching them. He's still a decent shot stopper, just not much good at the other stuff.

I just dont want him playing anymore. Im not even arsed if he is a decent shot stopper, he is a goal keeper, its his job. He has fucked up badly too often now & its time to say goodbye.

Not another debate though, we have a thread for that.

I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 28, 2015, 05:03:01 AM
Reply #588

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't he win the game?
Ha ha no he never fucking hell
The lad did well. He made routine saves and saved a pen

Won the game tho?
Simply simply lovely

October 28, 2015, 05:03:14 AM
Reply #589

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Can't we just swerve this 'if howard done that etc' stuff and just praise what was a good goalkeeping display?

Something we've very rarely seen from howard over the last year.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 28, 2015, 05:03:21 AM
Reply #590

chang

Of course you are!

I don't know how long you've been watching Everton but I remember a 'Milk Cup' game in Oxford mid-80's where Everton were crap but won the game.
Just in case you're too young, check in on the net- a few good things happened after that  :)

Since 1968 Alfie, all of 7 at the time,

"highlights" on Sky @ 11.30 btw
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:05:07 AM by chang »

October 28, 2015, 05:04:17 AM
Reply #591

MmmblueBernard

was special after the shite we have been seeing every week with Howard in goal. and my 'fucking hell' was to the 'hollywood' comment. Thought it was a bit dickish to be honest.

Get a grip. Anyone can see it was a tongue in cheek comment.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 28, 2015, 05:05:02 AM
Reply #592

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Get a grip. Anyone can see it was a tongue in cheek comment.

wouldnt know with your gripes

Vamos lá Everton!

October 28, 2015, 05:05:32 AM
Reply #593

howard1334

He did alright coming in and made a couple of decent saves, but they weren't anything I wouldn't expect him to get. Even the one from the header just outside the six yard box wasn't hit that hard. If it was Howard they'd be called routine so it's the same for Robles.

He still looked terribly unsure at the half dozen corners they had in the first half. Apart from one where he was blocked in he came then changed his mind and tried to backtrack again, if a Norwich player got a decent head on any of them he'd have been caught on the back foot. Even for their goal he came, didn't make it and never got properly back on position before they scored. He was nothing special, even the penalty save was a fairly easy save as long as he went they right way.

No penalty save is routine.

He was a little over-dramatic at times, but you are probably down playing his overall performance a bit too. His save of the header from six yards out was less routine than you make it out to be, and I just watched Norwich's goal again, and he was not out of position when the shot was taken.

I understand you are trying to manage expectations since he did not actually have a blinder, but it was a very solid performance overall, and certainly encouraging.

October 28, 2015, 05:06:42 AM
Reply #594

Gash

Global Moderator
Can't we just swerve this 'if howard done that etc' stuff and just praise what was a good goalkeeping display?

Something we've very rarely seen from howard over the last year.

Has to go both ways. If Howard had made those saves tonight everyone would say it was just his job. I'm not defending Howard just playing down the current Garbutt/Oviedo syndrome that always follows a fringe player putting in a half decent performance. Howard's shite form is clouding the fact that it really wasn't anything stand out tonight.

October 28, 2015, 05:07:40 AM
Reply #595

Alfie Noakes

I just dont want him playing anymore. Im not even arsed if he is a decent shot stopper, he is a goal keeper, its his job. He has fucked up badly too often now & its time to say goodbye.

Not another debate though, we have a thread for that.

You mean the thread I started asking for ideas for a new keeper which turned into a slag off Howard thread?

October 28, 2015, 05:08:27 AM
Reply #596

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
You mean the thread I started asking for ideas for a new keeper which turned into a slag off Howard thread?

no, Rams thread

Vamos lá Everton!

October 28, 2015, 05:08:53 AM
Reply #597

howard1334

My bad.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:09:21 AM by howard1334 »

October 28, 2015, 05:09:03 AM
Reply #598

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Has to go both ways. If Howard had made those saves tonight everyone would say it was just his job. I'm not defending Howard just playing down the current Garbutt/Oviedo syndrome that always follows a fringe player putting in a half decent performance. Howard's shite form is clouding the fact that it really wasn't anything stand out tonight.

But it was better than anything Howard has produced for a good while
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 28, 2015, 05:10:26 AM
Reply #599

Alfie Noakes

Ha ha no he never fucking hell
The lad did well. He made routine saves and saved a pen

Won the game tho?

Everton couldn't win as a team in 120 minutes and so by my calculations his penalty save won the game.