0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (2.2%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 58696 times)

October 28, 2015, 05:25:13 AM
Reply #615

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry not posted in ages but am infuriated to do so!

I Find it increasingly ominous and ridiculous, that once again  1) We dont seem to cope with any sort of set pieces 2) That also extends to crosses in general and 3) (I'm sure I heard the statistic somewhere)  we are they only side in the PL not to score from one yet, directly or indirectly. Are we just giving set pieces a miss in training or something, its getting more absurd game by game. We aint good enough to not sort that shit out and just rely on our apparent 'total fucking football' philosophy.

I actually like Martenez and trust in him (although tough sometimes to understand) but I'm just after any reassurance on the above point(s).
Thought we looked more dangerous today, funes mori in particular looked a threat but yeah, defensively it's a huge worry
Simply simply lovely

October 28, 2015, 05:33:04 AM
Reply #616

Elgoodo1978

Yeah I think a bit better better today, mainly as we actually got the ball into the box from a few.  Also, I guess we've had a run of tough games, but still very worrying and frustrating at the mo!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:34:33 AM by Elgoodo1978 »

October 28, 2015, 05:40:18 AM
Reply #617

Simon Paul

Administrator

October 28, 2015, 05:42:42 AM
Reply #618

Simon Paul

Administrator
fucking loved the penalties, the rest of the game can do one though

the noise out of the Street End was immense and the Norwich players shit themselves

my wife is still yet to see Roberto Martinez lose a game when she's gone the match.  I'm buying her a season ticket.  We either win every game then, or she finally finds out why I get so wound up!  So win win really!

October 28, 2015, 05:46:37 AM
Reply #619

DannyR

The good points out the game, ended up a seat away from Si. Learning Ruddys understudy is called Rudd. The ball boy winding him up and the penalties right in front of us.

Everything else can do one

October 28, 2015, 05:46:54 AM
Reply #620

Gash

Global Moderator
fucking loved the penalties, the rest of the game can do one though

the noise out of the Street End was immense and the Norwich players shit themselves

my wife is still yet to see Roberto Martinez lose a game when she's gone the match.  I'm buying her a season ticket.  We either win every game then, or she finally finds out why I get so wound up!  So win win really!

She's certainly had her moneysworth out of league cup games. :)

October 28, 2015, 05:49:42 AM
Reply #621

DannyR

Oh and Geri running across the pitch in his bills at the end

October 28, 2015, 06:02:22 AM
Reply #622

bluestevie

Oh and Geri running across the pitch in his bills at the end

That was funny that, he only came over the Bullens to give his shirt to a disabled fan and ended up doing away with his full kit. Shite game in all truth, we stepped up after going a goal down and bringing on Del and Barkley but it still could have gone either way had Norwich taken their chances better or Mirallas and Barkley buried their chances in ET. 4 top notch pens though, Gibson's was the pick of them, no keeper was stopping that
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

October 28, 2015, 06:07:48 AM
Reply #623

hill135

Didn't see the game.

While some are praising Robles for a good performance, I would like to note my alarm at the fact that our goalkeeper has been given the opportunity to put in a good performance at home against one of the worst teams in the league, through our own ineptitude.

Again, the issue is one of tactics and motivation. The seemingly interminable Howard vs Robles debate does not address this.

October 28, 2015, 11:25:51 AM
Reply #624

TSGun

Glad we got through. Searching for inspiration right now.

October 28, 2015, 11:44:20 AM
Reply #625

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
A keeper can only save what is thrown at him. Robles did that. A keeper is there to stop goals. He did that. Everything he could save he did. That's all you want from your keeper.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 28, 2015, 12:13:56 PM
Reply #626

Trowel

Crikey:

Evertonís success halted a run of four shoot-out defeats at Goodison Park, dating back to 1970 when Borussia Monchengladbach were defeated by a similar 4-3 margin with one of the Everton scorers Howard Kendall.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

October 28, 2015, 12:44:56 PM
Reply #627

MmmblueBernard

A keeper can only save what is thrown at him. Robles did that. A keeper is there to stop goals. He did that. Everything he could save he did. That's all you want from your keeper.

That's only a part of what's required. But he did that well last night.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 28, 2015, 01:43:20 PM
Reply #628

DannyR

Joel was proper fired up for this last night and I reckon he would be if he knew he had a couple of games to get a run in too!

October 28, 2015, 02:00:33 PM
Reply #629

DannyR