0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (2.2%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 58639 times)

October 28, 2015, 03:36:21 AM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
I'd be disappointed if he hadn't saved any of those.

And who's the cunt that keeps talking over the stream about making a million pounds? One of those annoying hidden adverts.

October 28, 2015, 03:37:25 AM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
Ah good, extra time. I've enjoyed this so far, another half hour is just the tonic.

October 28, 2015, 03:40:14 AM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
My stream's still in stoppage time, I know we're slow to start games but this is ridiculous.

October 28, 2015, 04:16:10 AM
Reply #18

Gash

Global Moderator
Well worth resting some players tonight... and so making vital players Stones, Mori, Lukaku & McCarthy play for 2 hours..

It's Tuesday night, we don't play until Sunday lunchtime, they'll be fine. Short of making 11 changes there's not much else could be done with our injuries.

Penalties it is then.

October 28, 2015, 04:21:57 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
Howard would have saved that.  :whistle:

October 28, 2015, 04:27:07 AM
Reply #20

Gash

Global Moderator
Chelsea out as well. Good night all round, well apart from the 120 minutes prior to the penalties.

October 28, 2015, 04:38:06 AM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
Have you ever seen a better pen than gibsons tho
Fucking hell

Thought he generally played pretty well tonight given how little he's played.

October 28, 2015, 04:58:29 AM
Reply #22

Gash

Global Moderator
fucking hell.

He did alright coming in and made a couple of decent saves, but they weren't anything I wouldn't expect him to get. Even the one from the header just outside the six yard box wasn't hit that hard. If it was Howard they'd be called routine so it's the same for Robles.

He still looked terribly unsure at the half dozen corners they had in the first half. Apart from one where he was blocked in he came then changed his mind and tried to backtrack again, if a Norwich player got a decent head on any of them he'd have been caught on the back foot. Even for their goal he came, didn't make it and never got properly back on position before they scored. He was nothing special, even the penalty save was a fairly easy save as long as he went they right way.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:59:11 AM by Gash »

October 28, 2015, 05:01:10 AM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
most goals Howard has let in this season have been shots i expect any keeper to make.

The two v Arsenal and the one against Liverpool were him completely fucking up and not punching or catching them. He's still a decent shot stopper, just not much good at the other stuff.

October 28, 2015, 05:06:42 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
Can't we just swerve this 'if howard done that etc' stuff and just praise what was a good goalkeeping display?

Something we've very rarely seen from howard over the last year.

Has to go both ways. If Howard had made those saves tonight everyone would say it was just his job. I'm not defending Howard just playing down the current Garbutt/Oviedo syndrome that always follows a fringe player putting in a half decent performance. Howard's shite form is clouding the fact that it really wasn't anything stand out tonight.

October 28, 2015, 05:46:54 AM
Reply #25

Gash

Global Moderator
fucking loved the penalties, the rest of the game can do one though

the noise out of the Street End was immense and the Norwich players shit themselves

my wife is still yet to see Roberto Martinez lose a game when she's gone the match.  I'm buying her a season ticket.  We either win every game then, or she finally finds out why I get so wound up!  So win win really!

She's certainly had her moneysworth out of league cup games. :)