November 22, 2018, 04:23:48 PM

Author Topic: Lukaku for sale - Fair price  (Read 32004 times)

October 29, 2015, 02:58:48 PM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

I'd take what we paid for him. If he was English and playing for Norwich his value would be 10-15.

He's trying to be a target man and he's Piss poor at it, we will do better with the money we get for him. Can't do the basics and technically awful. Will never be a top player

It wouldn't mate. You've had a bit of a shocker there. If he was English his value would be even higher. And there's no way that a player with his goalscoring record, at his age, with a premium on strikers, would go for £10-15m or anywhere remotely close to that.

Thank fuck you're not working in our transfer department.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 29, 2015, 03:01:46 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd take what we paid for him. If he was English and playing for Norwich his value would be 10-15.

He's trying to be a target man and he's Piss poor at it, we will do better with the money we get for him. Can't do the basics and technically awful. Will never be a top player
So he'd be rated at less than Charlie Austin who plays in the championship? Ok then
Simply simply lovely

October 29, 2015, 03:02:03 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It wouldn't mate. You've had a bit of a shocker there. If he was English his value would be even higher. And there's no way that a player with his goalscoring record, at his age, with a premium on strikers, would go for £10-15m or anywhere remotely close to that.

Thank fuck you're not working in our transfer department.

honestly, no point even replying to him on that comment.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 29, 2015, 05:49:29 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

This kind of symbolises the feeling around the club at the moment. Whether it's true or not people around the club can see it's just drifting. Best young players/agents wanting them out, manager delivering boring football, talk of takeovers which don't go anywhere, ground moves that don't seem to go anywhere, boos at home games, listless performances... Who could blame Lukaku, really, for wanting out.

The flip side is it could all be so different. We have the best squad in a generation and we could be lighting up the Premier League, which in turn inspires a buzz around the club and then things start to happen off the picth, with the increased positive exposure. I know it's been said on another topic but the man in the centre of all this who can be instrumental in it going either way is Martinez. Massive next half a dozen games.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:50:02 PM by Lxxx »

October 29, 2015, 05:55:23 PM
Reply #34

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

HE isn't trying to be a target man, Martinez sets the team up so if its isolating Rom then how is that Roms fault?

How you can actually believe that he is worth less than Austin, for example, is lunacy. He is 21/22, he has the best goal scoring record for his age, he has shown time and time again that with the right set up, for his strengths, he can be incredible.

I don't understand how you cant see that?!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

October 29, 2015, 06:07:44 PM
Reply #35

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

October 29, 2015, 06:31:04 PM
Reply #36

Bluenose 91

Struggling to think of the last thing you posted that wasn't absolute raw shite.

October 29, 2015, 06:58:42 PM
Reply #37

Rodenplav64

HE isn't trying to be a target man, Martinez sets the team up so if its isolating Rom then how is that Roms fault?

How you can actually believe that he is worth less than Austin, for example, is lunacy. He is 21/22, he has the best goal scoring record for his age, he has shown time and time again that with the right set up, for his strengths, he can be incredible.

I don't understand how you cant see that?!

I like Lukaku and I wouldn't sell him but he isolates himself . He has a habit of not anticipating passes often enough and is too often static or off side . Both criticisms are fair and are errors in his game he should be able to eradicate . Merely showing where you want the ball and then putting your hand over your mouth when you scuff it isn't good enough . His age has fuck all to do with it . His capacity to learn and improve have everything to do with it . That said he has a goalscoring record ( at the minute at least ) which given the current market means we wouldn't lose out on him if we sell him prematurely .

October 29, 2015, 07:15:14 PM
Reply #38

smellybum

If a decent offer came in and we had somebody lined up then why not?
We just don't play to Rom's strengths. That is plain and simple to see so we need somebody who can play the role Martinez wants. So to keep Rom we either need to change tactics or Martinez needs to go. Upshot is I honestly think Rom will not be here next season. As for the Charlie Austin shouts, would we really be worse off with him? I don't think so, if anything he plays the role better than Rom. Now not saying Ausitn is a better player but he is better at what doing the job Martinez wants to see Rom do. £40m for Rom. Austin on a free (£5m singning bonus. Guesstimate) Frees up £35m for a playmaker and maybe another acquisition. Makes sense to me.

October 29, 2015, 07:27:33 PM
Reply #39

Alex6691

I don't know about Austin at QPR but my mates a Burnley fan and he said Austin does absolutely not play well up top by himself in that role. Needs another striker up front if he's going be in that role.

October 29, 2015, 07:37:53 PM
Reply #40

minty

This kind of symbolises the feeling around the club at the moment. Whether it's true or not people around the club can see it's just drifting. Best young players/agents wanting them out, manager delivering boring football, talk of takeovers which don't go anywhere, ground moves that don't seem to go anywhere, boos at home games, listless performances... Who could blame Lukaku, really, for wanting out.

The flip side is it could all be so different. We have the best squad in a generation and we could be lighting up the Premier League, which in turn inspires a buzz around the club and then things start to happen off the picth, with the increased positive exposure. I know it's been said on another topic but the man in the centre of all this who can be instrumental in it going either way is Martinez. Massive next half a dozen games.

I think we have too many youngsters with potential and too many players who are on the decline. I really don't think we have our best squad of the last few years in terms of current ability. So maybe our expectations of lighting up the league are unrealistic.

October 29, 2015, 07:42:14 PM
Reply #41

starblood

Lukaku works miracles getting the goals that he does with the service that he gets.

We all know he lacks a decent first touch and his hold-up play could be a lot better, but the accusation of him getting isolated has got to be levelled at Roberto not Rom. He's the pinpoint of our attack, so if he is isolated then it is down to the midfield not pushing up to support him. I for one don't want my sole striker and only goal threat coming deep into midfield areas (which is what he has to do at times).

And on a final note, he signed for us after that first season. It has all gone to pieces since then, so he's been sold a bit of a pup as it stands. Who'd blame him for moving on - not me for sure whilst we're playing such dirge football.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:44:33 PM by starblood »

October 29, 2015, 08:07:18 PM
Reply #42

di_guyo

40m? More than fair...
Everton & Atleti

October 29, 2015, 08:31:11 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

I think we have too many youngsters with potential and too many players who are on the decline. I really don't think we have our best squad of the last few years in terms of current ability. So maybe our expectations of lighting up the league are unrealistic.
[/quote]

I would suggest our squad compares more than favourably with our peers (Liverpool, Tottenham) and better than teams like West Ham, Leicester, Southampton, Palace. The issue is we don't have a manager who can get the best out of them so the sum becomes less than the value of it's parts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:31:55 PM by Lxxx »

October 29, 2015, 08:55:19 PM
Reply #44

minty

I would suggest our squad compares more than favourably with our peers (Liverpool, Tottenham) and better than teams like West Ham, Leicester, Southampton, Palace. The issue is we don't have a manager who can get the best out of them so the sum becomes less than the value of it's parts.

Oh yeah i meant to add that it's possible the standard of those around is weaker too compared to what they had 3-5 years ago.