July 19, 2018, 01:35:00 AM

Author Topic: Lukaku for sale - Fair price  (Read 30046 times)

October 30, 2015, 03:13:52 PM
Reply #60

charlatan

Add an extra £5m cos he is a good looking bastard

I think Ram would jizz his kecks if Giroud came here

October 30, 2015, 03:19:51 PM
Reply #61

Paddockoldie

The question for me is. Would any other team play Rom the way RM does? I think they'd keep it low and in front for him to run on to. He can't control a high ball that well imo because his first touch is poor generally. Ian Rush was a master class in the best way to play him.. Through balls played to his strengths.
Rom's off if he feels he's being frustrated in his development.. couldn't blame him really.

October 30, 2015, 03:24:08 PM
Reply #62

Lxxx

[/
100% this. Look at how easily we bent over for Chelsea in the summer and gave Stones away for a pittance.

I think most fans realise Stones and Lukaku and their respective situations are different.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:25:53 PM by Lxxx »

October 30, 2015, 03:31:33 PM
Reply #63

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I think Ram would jizz his kecks if Giroud came here

so would i.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

October 30, 2015, 03:38:26 PM
Reply #64

Bob Sacamano

[/
I think most fans realise Stones and Lukaku and their respective situations are different.

Both amongst the best young prospects in their positions in Europe.

Both proven performers in the Premier League.

Both apparently sought after by Europe's finest.

Both at a club with no need to sell.

Both seem to have an agent making moves in the background.

Only one has requested a transfer.

If anything we are in a weaker position with Stones considering he's actually handed in a transfer request. So have a seat, breathe and stop stressing at every little detail, man. Your days must feel a month long with the amount of stressing you do.

October 30, 2015, 03:41:47 PM
Reply #65

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

October 30, 2015, 03:52:36 PM
Reply #66

Lxxx

Both amongst the best young prospects in their positions in Europe.

Both proven performers in the Premier League.

Both apparently sought after by Europe's finest.

Both at a club with no need to sell.

Both seem to have an agent making moves in the background.

Only one has requested a transfer.

If anything we are in a weaker position with Stones considering he's actually handed in a transfer request. So have a seat, breathe and stop stressing at every little detail, man. Your days must feel a month long with the amount of stressing you do.

One arrived here for a small fee as a relative unknown and has progressed to a top player.

The other arrived here for an astronomical fee, taking a step down to get more game time before rejoining a 'top club' (his words).

Massive difference. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:57:20 PM by Lxxx »

October 30, 2015, 04:34:38 PM
Reply #67

Bob Sacamano

One arrived here for a small fee as a relative unknown and has progressed to a top player.

The other arrived here for an astronomical fee, taking a step down to get more game time before rejoining a 'top club' (his words).

Massive difference. 

Not seeing how their past has much to do with it. Deal in the present and look to the future, man.

Thought of another for you. Both worth £40m+ in the current climate.

October 30, 2015, 04:48:50 PM
Reply #68

Lxxx

Not seeing how their past has much to do with it. Deal in the present and look to the future, man.

Thought of another for you. Both worth £40m+ in the current climate.

How they got here has everything to do with it.

Lukaku took a step down to come here to play games before rejoining a club more befitting of his self-given status as a striker at a 'top club.' That will have been made clear during any joining discussions and it's pretty naive to think otherwise. We also paid £28m for him. We can't conceivably turn down 'fair offers' while his contract runs down. He isn't going to sign any contract extension while we're 11th in the league and isolating him every game. He is an expensive asset that needs to be recouped at some stage. Not necessarily within the next 12 months but he does have a bellend of an agent.

Stones we signed for buttons, gave him his big break and a long, lucrative contract so we hold all the cards.

October 30, 2015, 04:51:50 PM
Reply #69

Bob Sacamano

How they got here has everything to do with it.

Lukaku took a step down to come here to play games before rejoining a club more befitting of his self-given status as a striker at a 'top club.' That will have been made clear during any joining discussions and it's pretty naive to think otherwise. We also paid £28m for him. We can't conceivably turn down 'fair offers' while his contract runs down. He isn't going to sign any contract extension while we're 11th in the league and isolating him every game. He is an expensive asset that needs to be recouped at some stage. Not necessarily within the next 12 months but he does have a bellend of an agent.

Stones we signed for buttons, gave him his big break and a long, lucrative contract so we hold all the cards.

I said look to the future, not tell me how it's going to end. You might want to spoiler tag this post mate.

October 30, 2015, 05:01:06 PM
Reply #70

Lxxx

I said look to the future, not tell me how it's going to end. You might want to spoiler tag this post mate.

Ditto with your previous couple.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:01:47 PM by Lxxx »

October 30, 2015, 05:03:17 PM
Reply #71

Bob Sacamano

Ditto with your previous couple.

Couple of what?

EDIT: Nice edit, I saw what you wrote initially!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:05:03 PM by Bob Sacamano »

October 30, 2015, 05:11:44 PM
Reply #72

Lxxx

Couple of what?

EDIT: Nice edit, I saw what you wrote initially!

Which said?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:13:54 PM by Lxxx »

October 30, 2015, 05:13:40 PM
Reply #73

Bob Sacamano

That is what I initially wrote, it just posted twice.
Which said?

Don't try that one with me. This isn't my first rodeo. I saw it, and I'll never forget it.

October 30, 2015, 05:14:53 PM
Reply #74

Lxxx

Don't try that one with me. This isn't my first rodeo. I saw it, and I'll never forget it.

It was a double post, it said the same thing. Nice try smartass. Try again.