November 16, 2018, 11:16:47 AM

Author Topic: Lukaku for sale - Fair price  (Read 31862 times)

October 29, 2015, 05:04:23 AM
Read 31862 times

Evertonian in NC

Said agent can refer to John Stones, right price, right time or do one

VERY important how we set a precedent about not being bullied.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 06, 2015, 09:04:16 PM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

Rom + Everton 4evs <3
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 07, 2015, 07:51:59 PM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

You ought to see the clueless American fans that have bought a red shirt in the last 10 years.  Mostly clustered in the cities of the east coast; I've met two of them who literally had no clue Everton were based in Liverpool and didn't know there was any special rivalry between the clubs. ENC prob has similar experiences.  Zero self-awareness.

Oh God yes.  Liverpool shit all over cars here.  It helps that I am something of a recluse, and never go to the pub to watch the match.

Did run into ONE other Everton fan here, the attending head (male) nurse practitioner at the ER when my oldest kid had a moped accident.  He was another random supporter like myself, who just fell in love with the spirit of Everton (ie, not an ex-pat).

November 07, 2015, 07:54:22 PM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

Fuck Vardy. Flavour of the month racist prick.

No racists here, please.  I rather enjoy having good human beings to support here.  And I think it's key to our good synergy on the pitch.

November 08, 2015, 08:14:00 PM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

I don't think it's a given at all (that he'll be off after this season).  His game is developing quite nicely here, and he's well-served to stay until someone truly massive comes calling.  Otherwise, he risks getting buried like he was with Chelski.

Even if his agent can't see that, Rom can.  And he's too smart/wise from past experience to be led astray.

If Martinez goes, I think he'll go.  Don't see him staying here through a transition period, that wouldn't make much sense.

November 08, 2015, 08:57:51 PM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

I think unless we deliver a trophy or close push for Top 4, chances are Stones and Rom will be going next summer. That would be regrettable, but we would get the best part of 100m for them. Teams reinvest and reinvent all the time, and sometimes come out of it stronger, if the transfer activity is good enough.

I wouldn't look to examples in this country, like Liverpool with Suarez and Spurs with Bale, because a lot of that money was wasted. But clubs like Atletico Madrid have sold big names, and prospered by investing the money very wisely. That would be the challenge for us.

I think Stones more likely than Rom.  I'd put him at about 80%, Rom at 40%.

Again, that assumes we have a reasonably good season (no worse than 7th), and RM stays.