December 18, 2018, 04:29:11 PM

Author Topic: Howard Kendall  (Read 24383 times)

October 30, 2015, 10:16:36 PM
Reply #195

sirblue57

Kenwright made a couple of passing references to his health problems in his eulogy:

Reidy’s played down a little the Oxford cup tie. it was mammoth. It was the quarter final – and we all know how important quarter finals are to Evertonians – and we were going out to a Third Division club.

The reason I bring this up is for the last few months, I’ve had to spend a lot of time in my own in a bedroom or somewhere else, and I’ve discovered that thing called YouTube. I’ve looked at Inchy’s (Adrian Heath) goal and Kevin Brock’s back-pass. It wasn’t by chance.
Typical of Howard that two weeks before that day, he rang me to see [if] I was alright. He left me a message saying ‘Mate, I’m just thinking of you. I hope you”re alright. I hope we see you soon. Stay strong. Love you. You’ll get back to us.’

Here's his eulogy in full, it's a brilliant read:
http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/read-in-full-bill-kenwrights-emotional-tribute-to-howard-kendall/?
[/quote

thanks for that mate, I've been so busy this last two weeks have missed much of what's gone on. brilliant read that. is there any other's on there?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 30, 2015, 10:32:19 PM
Reply #196

Macca77

Everton have confirmed an image of Kendall will be shown on the big screens in the 4th minute of Sundays game and are encouraging fans to take part on a minutes applause.