Kenny
0 (0%)
Gibson
0 (0%)
Holgate
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: November 01, 2015, 04:19:18 PM

Author Topic: Coleman ill  (Read 3023 times)

October 31, 2015, 06:26:47 AM
Reply #15

Ari

Browning, no question.

October 31, 2015, 06:22:52 PM
Reply #16

starblood

If it's Browning (and it should be) with Galloway on the other side, then that means buggar all happening offensively from the full-backs.

So we're playing Sunderland at home, with 4 centre-backs in defence - surely we can dispense with the two holding midfielders and have an extra attacking player on the pitch? If we don't then I can see tomorrow being potentially as bad (if not worse) a spectacle as the first half against Watford.

October 31, 2015, 07:47:11 PM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If it's Browning (and it should be) with Galloway on the other side, then that means buggar all happening offensively from the full-backs.

So we're playing Sunderland at home, with 4 centre-backs in defence - surely we can dispense with the two holding midfielders and have an extra attacking player on the pitch? If we don't then I can see tomorrow being potentially as bad (if not worse) a spectacle as the first half against Watford.

Just change McCarthy's role to run forward so in essence we'd have 5 "forward" players as opposed to the 4 max we sometimes have.

October 31, 2015, 07:50:09 PM
Reply #18

stirlingblue

Browning.

And how Ill are you if you know you're going to be out of a game that doesn't start for 2+ days? Must be really bad.

Even if it was just a 24 hour bug he wouldn't be fit enough to play 2 days later, it really drains you

October 31, 2015, 08:00:43 PM
Reply #19

starblood

Just change McCarthy's role to run forward so in essence we'd have 5 "forward" players as opposed to the 4 max we sometimes have.

I want a goal scorer and/or goal creator in there, both of which McCarthy isn't. Otherwise we are just going to have a load of possession without success trying to break down a stubborn Sunderland rearguard.

I personally did not like McCarthy playing that forward role and didn't think it was successful.  It was one of Roberto's square pegs in round holes scenarios (of which there were plenty last season).

October 31, 2015, 08:14:49 PM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I want a goal scorer and/or goal creator in there, both of which McCarthy isn't. Otherwise we are just going to have a load of possession without success trying to break down a stubborn Sunderland rearguard.

I personally did not like McCarthy playing that forward role and didn't think it was successful.  It was one of Roberto's square pegs in round holes scenarios (of which there were plenty last season).

Yeah I mean late runs rather than as a 10.

But other attacking players would be an (unlikely ;) ) option.

October 31, 2015, 09:08:36 PM
Reply #21

Rhys

Got to be Browning, out of the options.

I watched him a lot off the ball the other night, and it's clear he's not a natural right back. Not his fault like, but his movement and positioning meant that he was always 20 yards behind where he should be, erring on the defensive side and it contributes to our lack of balance.

It doesn't have to be bad thing, having a natural CB at full back, but you need to make adjustments elsewhere to offset it, because of that tendency to sit back more. You can maybe play your winger as more of a wide forward with less defensive responsbility, and it maybe means that our DMs don't need to drop into the right back area too often, whereas they might need to do that sometimes when Seamus is bombing on. Then maybe you can afford to push the DM up a bit more, and get them linking with Deulofeu and Rom.

At least deulofeu will be playing so we have someone who will hold the width and doesn't need a full backs help when getting the ball. The other night it stood out browning not getting forward with the play because he was starting in line with the centre backs then we had mirallas playing right wing but spent a lot of time inside of kone who was playing left wing!

October 31, 2015, 11:32:47 PM
Reply #22

toshyboy

i like browning, but the difference in our right side on Tues, once stones went to right back was telling. Yes, Gerry came on too but we looked so much better once stones went there. If Deulofeu starts, expect Fat Sam to double up on him. Your then relying on the full back to bomb on with the space available, and for me Browning wont utilise that. Don't be surprised to see Lennon play there