November 20, 2017, 12:07:41 AM

Author Topic: "I couldn't care less" if Blues concede first  (Read 4598 times)

October 30, 2015, 04:57:14 PM
Reply #15

Evertonian in NC

Gonna be one of those kind of days, huh?  Suppose I might as well just beat my head against the wall until I pass out.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

deCoubertin

October 30, 2015, 05:02:17 PM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
It's not though.

It's sharing an article found on a local news outlet, sharing my opinion and asking others what theirs are.

Fair enough. I didn't google the article tbh, maybe link it in the post?

October 30, 2015, 05:03:05 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Fair enough. I didn't google the article tbh, maybe link it in the post?

Oh dear.

October 30, 2015, 05:05:40 PM
Reply #18

BlueBeagle

October 30, 2015, 05:11:57 PM
Reply #19

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

October 30, 2015, 05:16:40 PM
Reply #20

TSGun

It's the headline of the article on The Echo you prick, I have merely copied it.

Mate, I was hardly derogatory to you personally there. I realise what's happened and don't need any emphasis.

I've been an RM supporter but have to admit that support is waning. Jumping to conclusions based upon partial quotations doesn't prove or help a great deal.

October 30, 2015, 05:18:42 PM
Reply #21

BlueBeagle

Mate, I was hardly derogatory to you personally there. I realise what's happened and don't need any emphasis.

I've been an RM supporter but have to admit that support is waning. Jumping to conclusions based upon partial quotations doesn't prove or help a great deal.

Fair enough, I retract my prick  :cheers: No sex pun intended.

October 30, 2015, 06:19:02 PM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

Hes very unprofessional when it comes to the fine margins (he so likes to talk about) penalities, defending set plays, now even worrying about the 1st goal in games

October 30, 2015, 07:13:24 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

Hes very unprofessional when it comes to the fine margins (he so likes to talk about) penalities, defending set plays, now even worrying about the 1st goal in games

It's all good as long as we score more than the opposition.

October 30, 2015, 07:22:21 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i knew as soon as i saw the article this morning that a thread like this would be posted.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 30, 2015, 07:39:39 PM
Reply #25

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I know the article's headline is provocative.

But...

This is where he doesn't help himself.

I know he caveats this phrase with the bit about not wanting to but it is open to the negative interpretations.

We've only won 4 of the 9 games we've gone behind (1 in 6 in the league) and of the 3 cup games we needed extra time to beat Barnsley and pens to beat Norwich.

So while it's obviously true that it doesn't matter as long as we win and that he obviously would rather not go behind; when you add in his hyper positivity some people will get annoyed.

It'd be much better for his own sake if he used the caveat of something along the lines of we're working to ensure we can take control of as many games as possible.

We've won both of the (2) games that we've scored first in, pretty comfortably. I'm sure everyone, acknowledging that it's spoon feeding, would be happier if he mentioned that we're looking into how we can start games better.

The going behind in games is caught up in the general frustration of how dull we often are.

We see a response when we're losing, certainly when it's getting more desperate, so people wonder why we can't play like that earlier and apart from winning more games, maybe make it more exciting too.

Of course it's a positive that we can recover from losing positions, last year we only got 4 points from conceding the first goal in the league which was awful, so there's nothing wrong with highlighting this as it should increase confidence.

But it is very hard to keep doing. Therefore we have to get better at starting games positively and taking the lead.

October 30, 2015, 08:18:55 PM
Reply #26

Simon Paul

Administrator
a couple of things

firstly, the Echo are stirring the shit here and trying to gain clicks by using a comment out of context

second, even though it's The Echo, it's still good practise to link to things you're quoting on internet forums, it's common courtesy to the people who wrote the article in the first place, and also avoid confusion as above

October 30, 2015, 08:29:46 PM
Reply #27

starblood

When we create so few genuine chances in a game, I think it's a very big deal that we seem to be conceding first in most matches and chasing games.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:30:34 PM by starblood »

October 30, 2015, 08:38:27 PM
Reply #28

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm glad he said "I couldn't care less" rather than the seemingly normal "I could care less" which annoys the crap out of me :)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 30, 2015, 09:12:58 PM
Reply #29

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
not sure what to make of it, regardless of the headline or the selective sentence posting, im not too happy or confident when we have a manager saying its ok to concede first. doesnt matter if we go on to win, its obviously we cant or wont claw back from every single game we play, so he shouldnt be putting this into the minds of our players really.

Its just another comment im worrying about.
I have to return some videotapes.