4 (4.8%)
Galloway (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Osman (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland  (Read 36076 times)

October 31, 2015, 12:09:50 AM
Read 36076 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Sunderland AFC
Goodison Park
Sunday 1st November 13:30
Premier League Match #11

Everton's last 5 matches

West Brom 2-3 Everton (Lukaku x2, Kone)
Everton 1-1 Liverpool (Lukaku)
Everton 0-3 Manchester United
Arsenal 2-1 Everton (Barkley)
Everton 1-1 (4-3p) Norwich - Capital One Cup (Osman)

Sunderland's last 5 matches

Sunderland 1-4 Manchester City - Capital One Cup (Toivonen)
Manchester United 3-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 2-2 West Ham (Fletcher, Lens)
West Brom 1-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 3-0 Newcastle (Johnson Pen, Jones, Fletcher)

Everton

Everton lost their second consecutive Premier League match last weekend and their third league match of the season, haven't lost three in a row since January 2015, though they enjoyed victory in the league cup midweek. Everton have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last six matches in all competitions and they haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their six home fixtures this season. Everton have lost their last two meetings against Sunderland at Goodison Park despite going unbeaten in the previous 11 (W9 L2) and they've only won once in the last five league meetings between both clubs (D1 L3). Everton are still the only Premier League side yet to score from a set piece in the league and the Toffees have conceded from a set piece in each of their last four matches in the league.

Roberto Martinez has come through a tough run of opening fixtures with the same set of results from last season registering three wins, four draws and three defeats. After the initial opening 10 league matches last season, Everton won just two of their following 12 league matches (D4, L6) though one of those victories did come against Sam Allardyce's West Ham side. Everton's 11th Premier League fixture from last season was against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in a 1-1 draw. From the corresponding fixtures of matches played so far this season, Everton have taken one point more than they did last season. In the corresponding fixtures from the nine league matches to come, Everton took 10 points from a possible 27 and lost five of those matches (W3 D1).

Possible Line-Ups

Sunderland

Sunderland beat Newcastle for the sixth time in a row last weekend to pick up their first league victory of the season in a comfortable 3-0 win against 10 men. Sunderland's record after beating Newcastle in this current run of domination leaves a lot to be desired as they've lost four of their five following matches including three defeats to Hull City though their only win in that sequence did come at home to Everton in 2013. Sunderland have lost four of their five away fixtures this season and they are yet to taste victory away from home or keep a clean sheet but they have won on their last two visits to Goodison Park without conceding a goal. In the last five fixtures between the two sides, Sunderland have scored a total of five goals whilst Everton have only found the net twice through a penalty and a Wes Brown own goal.

Martinez has a very favourable record over Sam Allardyce and the new Sunderland manager has lost all of his last six Premier League meetings against the Toffees and he has lost each of his last five league visits to Goodison Park whilst West Ham were the only team to lose twice to Everton in the Premier League last season. There has never been a goalless draw between sides managed by both these managers and only in two matches have one of the sides failed to score. During the 12 meetings between the managers, there have been 2 red cards (1 Martinez, 1 Allardyce) and 48 yellow cards (23 Martinez, 25 Allardyce) though there has yet to be a straight red card shown. Martinez has only won three of his 12 matches against Sunderland and has lost on six occasions.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 31, 2015, 12:16:44 AM
Reply #1

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Howard needs to be on point or they'll be murder. Don't think it's fair of RM to put him back in either as it's just going to expose him to a torrent of abuse...poor management IMO.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

October 31, 2015, 12:26:21 AM
Reply #2

Macca77

I dont like Sunderland

There, I said it.

October 31, 2015, 12:32:57 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Expect a win, a comfortable easy win.

If not, there will be anger
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 31, 2015, 12:48:19 AM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

I can't say I'm too excited by it. They'll park the bus, blitz the box with crosses and go 1 up. How we respond is open to question. HK's death has made me reflect alot about the days of going to see his side and the only question was how many we would score.. seems a lifetime ago.

October 31, 2015, 01:09:38 AM
Reply #5

charlatan

0-1 or 1-2 defeat.  Fat Sam will park the bus and tell his team to bombard the 6 yard box from set pieces for Coco The Star Jumping Tit to flap at and miss.

October 31, 2015, 02:44:13 AM
Reply #6

Cozzie

Was hoping for an easy win here a few weeks ago, as soon as that big head got appointed I wasn't so sure, gonna be tough this with Allardyces shithouse tactics, they are on a high also.

October 31, 2015, 02:44:17 AM
Reply #7

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
can we stop calling him fat Sam? & stop saying Maureen/Plopp/Brenda while we are at it?

I have to return some videotapes.

October 31, 2015, 02:45:31 AM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Would hope Mirallas started this. Maybe Mirallas & Lennon in the side, rest Deulofeu a bit, bringing him on with 20/30 mins to go. I think he does better this way. If we dont use him, then he does little else.

October 31, 2015, 03:56:10 AM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

can we stop calling him fat Sam? & stop saying Maureen/Plopp/Brenda while we are at it?

Fat Sam's alright isn't it?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2015, 03:58:44 AM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

I'd leave Deulofeu in the team now for a long run of games, and give him the chance to develop and get more consistency the way we did with Ross and Stonesy. He's never going to make the leaps forward that we're hoping for if we keep chopping and changing him.

I think we have to accept that he'll have off days, as with did with other talented young players. Giving him that confidence and support will reap benefits for us in the near future.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2015, 05:26:46 AM
Reply #11

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Got a horrible feeling about this game

I think Allardyce will have done his research and will mastermind a scrappy horrible 1-0 win for them, with us dominating possession but being the most frustrating side to watch in the world

Very few clearcut chances created, and most of our players having off days and it being a really toxic atmosphere when they take the lead

Then fumes galore on the forum later!

Ps hope everyone who is going has a lovely time
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 31, 2015, 05:43:03 AM
Reply #12

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Fat Sam's alright isn't it?

i dont really like it, i would just prefer to call all managers by their names. Call me boring but i cringe every time.

October 31, 2015, 05:44:51 AM
Reply #13

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'd leave Deulofeu in the team now for a long run of games, and give him the chance to develop and get more consistency the way we did with Ross and Stonesy. He's never going to make the leaps forward that we're hoping for if we keep chopping and changing him.

I think we have to accept that he'll have off days, as with did with other talented young players. Giving him that confidence and support will reap benefits for us in the near future.

i just dont want him to become frustrated & lose confidence. would a half hour cameo every now and again where he can break through a tired defense work better? the past few games we havent used his strengths and he becomes isolated & lost.

October 31, 2015, 07:14:51 AM
Reply #14

Tinga

Bus head it is.