4 (4.8%)
Galloway (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Osman (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland  (Read 63815 times)

November 02, 2015, 03:18:39 AM
Reply #585

Gash

Global Moderator
Nah not sure about that
That said I've only seen him twice

Played in the U-21's game last season at Goodison that was on Sky didn't he? I thought he looked pretty good in that game, he was their stand out player, not that that would be difficult.

November 02, 2015, 03:22:58 AM
Reply #586

Bluedylan

James McLean doesn't even have one dimension to his game. Whatmore's already better than McLean at his very best is. Looks talented, and their fans properly rate him.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 02, 2015, 03:35:17 AM
Reply #587

ally2

That lad looked sharp to me I have to say. Ginger though.

November 02, 2015, 03:36:32 AM
Reply #588

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Played in the U-21's game last season at Goodison that was on Sky didn't he? I thought he looked pretty good in that game, he was their stand out player, not that that would be difficult.
Yeh that's the other game I saw him
Simply simply lovely

November 02, 2015, 03:39:40 AM
Reply #589

Cozzie

Looked really good that Whatmore that came on for them.

Good day today, although still looking a little suspect at the back.

Stones will know he should have done better for the first Sunderland goal, the second one not so much we just need to close down earlier, he had all the time in the world to get that cross in, even shift it onto his good foot.

Going forward we looked outstanding today, on the break we where clinical, Barry played fantastically, wondering if the captains arm band gave him that added impetus.

McCarthy was also a bit more productive with the ball.

Don't need to say much more about Deulefeou than what we already know, the kids gonna get better too.

Good run of fixtures now and one game away from a cup semi final.

Was nice to stop the rot today, but Sunderland are shite after all, wont get carried away but I'm certainly gonna enjoy today, top performance.

November 02, 2015, 03:57:40 AM
Reply #590

Alfie Noakes

Didn't see the game, had to work. Happy with the result but this thread makes a weird read.

Maybe this is from one of you here, cheers!

November 02, 2015, 04:16:38 AM
Reply #591

WeimaranerBlues

motd 2 all messed up trying to watch it , abiet on the nowtv box(plex)

November 02, 2015, 04:23:12 AM
Reply #592

toffee_scot

An excellent win against one of our more recent bogey sides. Of course we looked very frail defensively and needed about 5 defenders in the penalty box to clear properly the ball - although Howard actually made a few decent saves.

Despite this, it is a great result with some great performances from Kone and Deulofeu while it's good to see Lukaku as well score (could have had 2 if it wasn't for Coates claiming an own goal). Wins breed confidence and maybe we should try more often Kone, Deulofeu and Lukaku playing together.

November 02, 2015, 04:25:17 AM
Reply #593

Bluedylan

motd 2 all messed up trying to watch it , abiet on the nowtv box(plex)

Mine's all over the shop on iplayer as well.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 02, 2015, 04:43:32 AM
Reply #594

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone get 6-2 in the prediction league?

Quick mods, change my name to Anyone.

Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 02, 2015, 04:44:00 AM
Reply #595

WeimaranerBlues

all fooked up on web/pc as well, fucking shitty beeb,   too late to do the vuduo sat box now   

November 02, 2015, 04:46:22 AM
Reply #596

sam of the south

Yeah the Mrs is ok ta dude went up a and e and just bruising across the chest bit of a mad day

Phew!

Hope everything has calmed down now, mate.

You won't forget this day in a hurry! 😊
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 02, 2015, 04:53:15 AM
Reply #597

Omar

maybe we should try more often Kone, Deulofeu and Lukaku playing together.

You think?
You come at the king, you best not miss.

November 02, 2015, 05:29:21 AM
Reply #598

bluestevie

Watched the goals on MOTD, fuck me some of the football for our goals was sublime. The throughball from Del for Rom's goal, the Barkley led break away that ended with McCarthy's reverse ball for Kone's second and the truely outrageous cross from Rom for Kone's hat trick goal all sensational. Keep that front 4 and I've no doubt we will bag a European spot
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

November 02, 2015, 10:19:54 AM
Reply #599

Cuttyblue

Very odd game of football. Pleased we scored so many but on reflection I thought this was largely down to how poor they were. In the second half they were all over the place like a punch drunk boxer waiting to be knocked out.

I don't like to see us that sloppy but we do have a bit of a makeshift defence at the moment. I'm most pleased for Deulefeu though. I rate him and always have but it infuriates me how little patience everyone seems to have with him. He is a young player and he needs games to develop. And he needs to try the unexpected otherwise we will all be left with a predictable winger doing the same things every game just to stop the groans.

Yer, good shout, Sunderland were just awful in defence, we walked all over them at times without having to put forward our best.  I'm still worried about how easy it is to hit us on the break or worse, on simple crosses to the 6yd box!

But, no whinging when you win 6-2, EVER.  Gerry, Kone, Rom, all key attackers who were excellent today.  Good result and RM and the lads have an easy run of matches now... real chance here for a strong position come Christmas/NY.