6 (11.1%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Osman (Sub)
2 (3.7%)
Gibson (Sub)
2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Everton v Aston Villa  (Read 25361 times)

November 20, 2015, 01:36:27 AM
Read 25361 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Aston Villa
Goodison Park
Saturday 21st November 15:00
Premier League Match #13

Everton's last 5 matches

Everton 0-3 Manchester United
Arsenal 2-1 Everton (Barkley)
Everton 1-1 (4-3p) Norwich - Capital One Cup (Osman)
Everton 6-2 Sunderland (Deulofeu, Kone x3, Lukaku, O.G)
West Ham 1-1 Everton (Lukaku)

Aston Villa's last 5 matches

Chelsea 2-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 1-2 Swansea (Ayew)
Southampton 2-1 Aston Villa - Capital One Cup (Sinclair Pen)
Tottenham 3-1 Aston Villa (Ayew)
Aston Villa 0-0 Man City

Everton

Everton stretched their unbeaten league run against West Ham to 15 matches in their last Premier League fixture with a 1-1 draw at the Boleyn Ground a couple of weeks ago. Everton have now failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last six league matches, only West Ham (7) themselves have gone longer in failing to keep out the opposition. Also, Everton are the only side in the league yet to keep a clean sheet at home this season having conceded in all six of their home  matches and having shipped 11 goals, only West Brom (12) have conceded more goals at home. Everton have only lost one of their last nine fixtures with Aston Villa (W4 D4) and they've scored at least two goals in each of those fixtures. Only Mesut Ozil (10) and David Silva (6) have provided more assists than Gerard Deulofeu (5) in the Premier League his season.

Romelu Lukaku scored his 49th Premier League goal against West Ham and this weekend's match will present the opportunity for him to join Fowler, Owen, Rooney and Ronaldo as the only players to score 50 Premier League goals before the age of 23. In the past three premier league seasons, Lukaku has scored 22 goals from 'clear-cut chances' which is only beaten by Sergio Aguero (28). The Belgian scored 20 goals in all competitions last season but only 10 in the league and he is only three league goals behind that tally this season whilst he is only one assist from equaling that tally. Lukaku's shots on target percentage is the second highest of the top goalscorers in the league this season behind Newcastle's Wijnaldum (79%) who scored four of his six league goals in one match. Pelle is the lowest of that group with just 32%.

Possible Line-Ups

Aston Villa

Aston Villa put an end to a run of seven straight defeats in the Premier League in Remi Garde's first match as Villa manager a couple of weeks ago with a 0-0 draw at home to Manchester City but they still haven't won in any of their last 11 league matches (D2 L9) which is the longest win-less streak in the division. Aston Villa have taken just five points from their opening 12 matches which is their worst haul at this stage of a season in the Premier League era. The Villains have lost five consecutive matches on the road in the league but they've still taken more points (3) away from home than they have at Villa Park (2). Villa have scored 10 goals this season which is the joint lowest in the league alongside Stoke and West Brom and also the lowest across all four divisions in the country.

The stats aren't great for Villa and with the worst shots on target percentage in the league coupled with the lowest amount of goals scored, it's little surprised they're rock bottom of the table. Aston Villa have created only seven goals from open play this season which is 13 fewer than the amount of goals Everton have scored from open play. Rudy Gestede is Aston Villa's top scorer with three goals but the striker is likely to miss out through injury whilst Gabriel Agbonlahor is yet to open his account this season. However, Agbonlahor has scored more goals against Everton (7) than he has against any other club and he also has fives assists in his 17 appearances against Everton ever since scoring on his debut at Goodison Park in 2006.

Statistics & Injuries

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:00:18 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 20, 2015, 01:48:16 AM
Reply #1

The Analog Kid

No Agbonlahor for this no?

November 20, 2015, 02:00:53 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
@Simon Paul Fixed the error

Fucking Leicester eh.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 20, 2015, 02:01:54 AM
Reply #3

Simon Paul

Administrator
@Simon Paul Fixed the error

Fucking Leicester eh.

hate them....unless they give us a player ;)

November 20, 2015, 02:02:09 AM
Reply #4

TSGun

Prior to the new manager at Villa I'd have been extremely confident of a boosting win to enjoy, now it's a touch less certain.

Hurts the eyes viewing the list of defensive injuries we have.

November 20, 2015, 02:36:51 AM
Reply #5

School of Science

2-1 win Lukaku  Damn wrong thread :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:38:57 AM by School of Science »
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 20, 2015, 03:12:00 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

I know they looked more solid against City, but look at the kip of their team and some of their players. We need to be putting them away convincingly.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 20, 2015, 03:24:28 AM
Reply #7

Alanvideo

I know they looked more solid against City, but look at the kip of their team and some of their players. We need to be putting them away convincingly.
...........kip ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 20, 2015, 04:13:53 AM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

November 20, 2015, 04:44:56 AM
Reply #9

hill135

And to think some people would have had us sign one half of their back four in Richards and Lescott over the summer lolol

November 20, 2015, 12:40:01 PM
Reply #10

md49vd

that delph, benteke and vlaar are decent players.....Kappa

November 20, 2015, 06:10:37 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

Cleverley for McCarthy for this one? McCarthy has played two big games in a week and we shouldn't really need two defensive midfielders against the bottom side at home.

November 20, 2015, 06:16:52 PM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cleverley for McCarthy for this one? McCarthy has played two big games in a week and we shouldn't really need two defensive midfielders against the bottom side at home.
Depends for me on whether or not we play baines and two wingers

Simply simply lovely

November 20, 2015, 09:00:17 PM
Reply #13

stirlingblue

I'm almost certain that we'll concede first in this as they haven't looked like scoring all season

November 20, 2015, 09:33:43 PM
Reply #14

bacon sarnie

Nailbiter or stroll in the park? I'll go with nailbiter as this is Everton v Aston fucking Villa.