0 (0%)
Baines (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
1 (1.7%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Middlesbrough v Everton  (Read 33151 times)

December 01, 2015, 05:52:59 PM
Reply #45

wilbur

They may well rest a few as they have a massive game at Ipswich on Friday night.

Adam Clayton in midfield is probably as good as anyone in the Championship so I'd rather he was in the stands. They've also got Adam Forshaw who went from our academy to Brentford and Wigan before joining Boro last year. He's mainly been sub this season but he might well get a start tonight.

You're right, we shouldn't be worrying about them but we're Everton, aren't we?.
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

December 01, 2015, 06:00:03 PM
Reply #46

Alanvideo

Does this go to a replay or extra time and pens ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 01, 2015, 06:04:41 PM
Reply #47

Evertonian in NC

I never know what to expect anymore, as my Prediction League score attests.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 01, 2015, 06:39:21 PM
Reply #48

Sprooly

anyone else feeling the stress of this game? hoping for a Sunderland away, not a Wigan at home...

Come on boys

December 01, 2015, 06:44:56 PM
Reply #49

Lxxx

They'll come out the traps on fire, urged on by the crowd. We'll get pegged back into our half, they'll score a pretty easy goal and we'll rely on a bit of magic from Delboy/Lukaku/Barkley/Mirallas to equalise. Then it'll go to extra-time and penalties...

That's where my daydream ends.

December 01, 2015, 07:24:04 PM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

They look like a really good side, and no doubt they've analysed the second half of the Bournemouth game and they'll be extremely confident of causing us numerous problems. We have trouble dealing with crosses, and we don't stop crosses coming into the box - not a great combination.

I think we're in for a rough night. I'll be surprised if we get through.

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 01, 2015, 07:27:18 PM
Reply #51

Rodenplav64

WE have generally struggled in all of our games in this cup so far if I remember.

Barnsley, Reading, Norwich, had to come from behind to win all of them too if I am correct.

Expecting "that sort of game" again, but we will win it.

Just not as much as Man Utd , Leicester , Arsenal , Newcastle , Swansea and Watford who all went out to lower league opposition . This is the worst of the 2 cups by far . Midweek and no break from the league unlike the FA Cup . We should win but too many changes will make it harder for ourselves . Robles for Howard , Gibson for Barry , Cleverley for McCarthy and Mirallas for Kone is enough . A 1-0 win will do .
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:27:48 PM by Rodenplav64 »

December 01, 2015, 07:29:14 PM
Reply #52

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Man this is one of the most negative threads ever

I also think we are in for one of those nights tho!

Simply simply lovely

December 01, 2015, 07:32:15 PM
Reply #53

Shogun

Administrator
Nah, we'll batter them.

To keep with the thread though, I think we'll lose the semi finals against City.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 01, 2015, 07:46:15 PM
Reply #54

Bluedylan

To keep with the thread though, I think we'll lose the semi finals against City.

No match thread for that one yet Shogs? Slacking.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 01, 2015, 07:56:33 PM
Reply #55

cjohno100

weve got to play our strongest line up available, if the likes of osman are thrown in we will go out, we dont need to worry about the league, were not going to get top 4 and i dont want the europa lets concentrate on trying to win something, i would like to see mirallas in for kone and go at them with delboy down the other side, we wont keep a clean sheet so lets go out and have a good go from the off.

December 01, 2015, 08:11:47 PM
Reply #56

Shogun

Administrator
No match thread for that one yet Shogs? Slacking.

One should remember I have the ability to accidentally delete your account, BD.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 01, 2015, 08:33:01 PM
Reply #57

bacon sarnie

Gonna be a knuckle-biter but I'm expecting a win (cough!)........

December 01, 2015, 08:35:06 PM
Reply #58

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
We will win this. Remember we have shit loads of fans there, they will be the ones we can hear, they always are at aways. Yeah boro wil start quickly but weather a small storm and use that boring passing to silence them. Del will tear them a new one tonight.
I have to return some videotapes.

December 01, 2015, 08:39:55 PM
Reply #59

wilbur

......we're not going to get top 4 and i dont want the europa lets concentrate on trying to win something........

Doesn't winning this get us into the Europa, or is that the FA Cup?
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson