November 22, 2017, 05:15:50 AM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 197911 times)

December 06, 2015, 01:05:52 AM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Definitely room to let McGeady go.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 06, 2015, 01:46:16 AM
Reply #31

arteta4spain

The only thing that worries me is that we let these go and then we get our seasonal bucketload of injuries. Hope we replace players so we're covered.

December 06, 2015, 04:27:49 AM
Reply #32

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's hard to miss players we don't use. If mc Geady went and a young lad like Rodriguez got a go then that would be sound by me

December 06, 2015, 05:40:11 AM
Reply #33

howard1334

It's hard to miss players we don't use. If mc Geady went and a young lad like Rodriguez got a go then that would be sound by me

Probably alright with letting McGeady go, particularly when Naismith, Pienaar, Osman, Lennon, and Mirallas are all struggling to get minutes. But Rodriguez is not going to be getting any minutes anytime soon, particularly not as the result of McGeady leaving, given they are not at all like for like.

December 06, 2015, 07:48:22 AM
Reply #34

Alfie Noakes

ANY GERMAN GOALIE GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE PLEASE FFS YES...

December 06, 2015, 12:59:02 PM
Reply #35

Thomas

Nobody out or in. We need options.

December 06, 2015, 02:22:41 PM
Reply #36

Jamokachi

Remember reading somewhere that McGeady is one of our top earners. Be very happy to see him moved on.

December 06, 2015, 05:30:55 PM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Remember reading somewhere that McGeady is one of our top earners. Be very happy to see him moved on.

Surely not?

December 06, 2015, 09:04:09 PM
Reply #38

hill135

Echo saying Sam Byram has rejected a contract extension and will likely be a free agent in summer 2016.

December 07, 2015, 12:38:05 AM
Reply #39

Thornton_19

Echo saying Sam Byram has rejected a contract extension and will likely be a free agent in summer 2016.

Cost us an arm and a leg after the tribunal to decide compensation. Remember what Leeds did for Garbutt?

December 07, 2015, 12:59:30 AM
Reply #40

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Cost us an arm and a leg after the tribunal to decide compensation. Remember what Leeds did for Garbutt?

If we got rid of Mcgeady and Mirallas it would be worth paying the extra money for Byram. The fee we get for Mirallas should easily cover the compensation and signing on fee.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 07, 2015, 02:13:12 AM
Reply #41

Lxxx

If we got rid of Mcgeady and Mirallas it would be worth paying the extra money for Byram. The fee we get for Mirallas should easily cover the compensation and signing on fee.

Are we that desperate for the lad?

December 07, 2015, 02:20:09 AM
Reply #42

Mayor Farnum

If he doesn't ask for a transfer he'll want paying off.

Keep everyone for the time being and see if they're needed. We're not even half-way through the season yet, in one cup semi-final and haven't even started the FA Cup.

December 07, 2015, 02:30:58 AM
Reply #43

Bluedylan

Linked with Diego Rolan. Not seen him play but he is meant to be rated, and another forward would be great in January:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-transfer-rumours-blues-linked-10541570
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 07, 2015, 02:49:53 AM
Reply #44

ally2

I'd still like to see a strong player to play on the left so that our first choice front three would be better balanced. At the moment Lukaku plays every game, Kone is not reliable for fitness and I have no idea where Steven Pienaar is.