November 21, 2017, 04:58:58 AM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 197820 times)

December 07, 2015, 02:57:58 AM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

I'd still like to see a strong player to play on the left so that our first choice front three would be better balanced. At the moment Lukaku plays every game, Kone is not reliable for fitness and I have no idea where Steven Pienaar is.

Imagine if Rom is out for 3 months say. That's our season done. I would like someone on the left, but I think we can cope with injuries to pretty much every other player than Rom (even Ross and Del).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 07, 2015, 11:54:29 AM
Reply #46

Jamokachi

Surely not?

It was toward the end of the summer transfer window that I read the article, can't remember where though. I'd be very disappointed if true, but not surprised. He would have been on a wedge in Russia, and we only paid a nominal fee for him.

December 07, 2015, 12:48:44 PM
Reply #47

howard1334

I'd still like to see a strong player to play on the left so that our first choice front three would be better balanced. At the moment Lukaku plays every game, Kone is not reliable for fitness and I have no idea where Steven Pienaar is.

It will have to be someone in the Pienaar, Cleverly, Osman mold, as Martinez seems to refuse to play an actual winger out-wide left.

December 08, 2015, 05:02:53 AM
Reply #48

fubarruk

Tbh, it'll be another window of fending off interest in Stones (think City will be looking to spend big on a CB now) and at this rate Lukaku (the 'big guns' will now be genuinely interested) with very little to nothing at all coming in

December 08, 2015, 05:22:49 AM
Reply #49

bluenuck

Who will want to come to a mid table club where the gaffer doesn't play subs?

Gotta be honest, I don't see any buys this January.

December 08, 2015, 05:46:32 PM
Reply #50

Cereal Killer

wasn't there something linking us to another loan move for Traore in January?

December 08, 2015, 06:20:38 PM
Reply #51

kramer0

Tbh, it'll be another window of fending off interest in Stones (think City will be looking to spend big on a CB now) and at this rate Lukaku (the 'big guns' will now be genuinely interested) with very little to nothing at all coming in

I see how you're getting there but it would be absolutely shocking for City to spend big on another CB. They play a high-risk defensive system in which no player, no matter how expensive or highly rated, is going to look good consistently.

December 08, 2015, 08:41:28 PM
Reply #52

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Priority is certainly getting a new GK and also a left mid.

I think everyone wants to know whats going on with Mirallas, i can't see him being here after January, but there is obviously more to it than what people think.
I'm also interested to know how people like Naismith, Mcgeady, Lennon, Gibson and Robles are feeling with not getting enough game time. I'm also not too sure where Pienaar and Besic fit in to RM plans when they are fit??

The biggest problem for me is what players are we going to lose if we don't finish top 4 this season??
I know people are saying 'we don't have to sell' but when you look at the likes of Barkley, Stones, Lukaku, McCarthy, Coleman (maybe Deulofeu, but i doubt it) they are now coming to an age where they feel like they are ready to take on the best clubs in Europe, and we might not be able to offer that.

I would be surprised if RM hasnt already had a chat with their agents and gave them the 'give us one more year' line.

I'm aware im sounding all doom n gloom!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:43:41 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 08, 2015, 08:44:59 PM
Reply #53

Hawkandro

wasn't there something linking us to another loan move for Traore in January?

:-\
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 09, 2015, 03:21:22 PM
Reply #54

Juanito

Wont happen but an ideal world would be McGeady out Yarmlenko in.

Can't see us getting a keeper in January but the more I see of Robles, the more I am impressed.

December 09, 2015, 03:25:13 PM
Reply #55

Juanito

Interesting how this No10 we all wanted seems to have gone quiet. Well done Barkley, if a 20 million new signing gave us 6 goals and 5 assists in 15 games we would all be happy I think.

December 09, 2015, 03:31:40 PM
Reply #56

Maverick7578

Yarmelenko and Rooney in !!!!!!!!

Ideal

December 09, 2015, 03:46:51 PM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think we will sell Mcgeady for 10m, I mean he is bad shit
Howard for 8m the starfish jumping twat and Maybe Osman for 7m as he is old and shit

Then we will bring in Yarmolenko, Rooney (hes a big blue yano and will play for free) and some amazing keeper all for about 6m

What a window its gonna be

Simply simply lovely

December 09, 2015, 03:54:41 PM
Reply #58

74Blue

Yarmelenko and Rooney in !!!!!!!!

Ideal
We couldn't even afford Rooney's wages, never mind fees for both him and Yarmalenko. The Wayne Rooney ship has long since sailed. Why would we even want him back now that he's well past his sell by date and would demand far more than we can realistically afford.
Rooney is not coming back in January!

December 09, 2015, 03:57:59 PM
Reply #59

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I think we will sell Mcgeady for 10m, I mean he is bad shit
Howard for 8m the starfish jumping twat and Maybe Osman for 7m as he is old and shit

Then we will bring in Yarmolenko, Rooney (hes a big blue yano and will play for free) and some amazing keeper all for about 6m

What a window its gonna be

Might also be time to cash in on Kone, has to be worth at least 20m !