4 (7.5%)
Kone
1 (1.9%)
Lukaku
18 (34%)
Baines (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 32771 times)

December 07, 2015, 04:31:55 AM
Reply #60

toffee_scot

Tactically I don't really rate roberto, so I'm just hoping the difference in our attacking quality outweighs them in the end.

It could very well be one of those high scoring games again from both teams.

I wonder, does anyone else feel we are really missing Jags? While he is prone to having one or two bad games, I can't help but feel we'd be more organised and relatively more solid defensively if he was fit to play.

December 07, 2015, 08:24:50 AM
Reply #61

TSGun

It's your classic must win. So there you go...

December 07, 2015, 03:46:23 PM
Reply #62

Rodenplav64

It could very well be one of those high scoring games again from both teams.

I wonder, does anyone else feel we are really missing Jags? While he is prone to having one or two bad games, I can't help but feel we'd be more organised and relatively more solid defensively if he was fit to play.

Too true . Funes Mori is inexperienced at this level and it is a lot to lump on Stones . Still I don't think they have done that badly and hopefully Baines helps as Galloway has been caught out defensively late in the games recently . They will get down the wings and whip it across Howards though which is more worrying .

December 07, 2015, 06:55:16 PM
Reply #63

sam of the south

Creepy post-coital pic of our burgeoning strike force
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 07, 2015, 07:03:01 PM
Reply #64

hill135

December 07, 2015, 07:29:31 PM
Reply #65

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
he really is beautiful isnt he.
I have to return some videotapes.

December 07, 2015, 08:15:47 PM
Reply #66

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't even miss the dreads now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 07, 2015, 11:18:33 PM
Reply #67

Shogun

Administrator
Nice to Sky increasing their kopite quota with Bellamy replacing Gary Neville on MNF tonight.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 07, 2015, 11:35:51 PM
Reply #68

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking Bellamy?
He is a bad tit

Simply simply lovely

December 07, 2015, 11:43:01 PM
Reply #69

hamshank33

he really is beautiful isnt he.
imagine what it would look like with Baines's Angel flick hair. tremble😚
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?hmm hmm?

December 08, 2015, 12:09:37 AM
Reply #70

Tinga

Nice to Sky increasing their kopite quota with Bellamy replacing Gary Neville on MNF tonight.

They may as well of gotten Robbie Savage.

December 08, 2015, 12:24:17 AM
Reply #71

Bluedylan

Be interesting to see the team. Will McCarthy or Baines play? I don't think he'll risk Baines just yet. And then if McCarthy doesn't play, a lot of predicted lineups have got Besic starting. I'd have thought maybe Cleverley.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 08, 2015, 12:26:03 AM
Reply #72

kramer0

We may be a bit more solid defensively with Jags but our possession play will suffer. Funes Mori is a natural left footer and, as such, is much better at moving the ball out to the left flank, the primary job of the left sided center back in our build-ups. You may have noticed the adverse effects of having a right footer in the left center back slot last season -- when Distin was replaced by Jagielka or Alcaraz our build-up play was not nearly as good (ditto for our defensive play in the case of Alcaraz).

At the moment, we have Galloway and Kone on the left so the benefits haven't been especially noticeable, but when Baines comes back I think Funes Mori is going to be a major asset. He's less reliable defender than Jags but he's still a commanding presence in the air and has great pace -- the raw materials are there, they just need to be refined. I'd keep Funes Mori in the lineup but I expect Martinez to restore Jagielka as soon as he is fully recovered.

None of the above is meant to disrespect or belittle the contributions of Phil Jagielka. He's been our best defender for some time, a rock when we couldn't rely on others, and he's done brilliantly adapting to Martinez's principles and captaining the team. It's just that our future is with Stones/Funes Mori and we haven't lost much (if anything) with Funes Mori in the lineup.

Stones, I think we all agree on - he will eventually be the best ball playing CB in the world (or, at worst, one of the best). Funes Mori has wobbled a bit here and there but he has the right physical and technical traits to complement Stones, plus he's an Argentina international who has already outshone more heralded signings like Otamendi. I may be alone in this respect but I'll take the occasional mistake from Funes Mori (and Stones -- he's not perfect) because we're getting top class players on the other side.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:27:29 AM by kramer0 »

December 08, 2015, 12:26:06 AM
Reply #73

Gash

Global Moderator

They're having guest pundits rather than one regular I think.

December 08, 2015, 12:29:06 AM
Reply #74

WeimaranerBlues

yeah not replascing Neville, but another red shite for our game, is taking the piss even further, cant say i'm  surprised though, can we.....