November 19, 2017, 08:11:27 PM

Author Topic: Norwich v Everton  (Read 31141 times)

December 13, 2015, 03:16:27 AM
Reply #555

ForzaItalia

Tom cleverly offered nothing again today, struggling to see why we signed him never mind put him in our starting 11.

Hurry up and get fit McCarthy!

Fucking hell. I haven't seen a post that awful for some time.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

December 13, 2015, 03:18:30 AM
Reply #556

Major Clanger

We clearly have tactics and at times look incredibly well drilled with the ball.

Without the ball though, I'm not convinced we do have any tactics. It feels like the players get told to just tuck in and sit, and rely on individual interceptions or a mistake from the opposition to get the ball back and then counter.

To me it feels like we are concentrating more on what to do when we win the ball rather than actually winning the ball. Midfielders are already positioning themselves for the break even before anyone started closing the ball down. Which is great when it works out, but it's a risky strategy.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 13, 2015, 03:44:03 AM
Reply #557

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
To me it feels like we are concentrating more on what to do when we win the ball rather than actually winning the ball. Midfielders are already positioning themselves for the break even before anyone started closing the ball down. Which is great when it works out, but it's a risky strategy.

Very possible.

I also think he places a lot of individual responsibility on the players to sort out the defensive side of things.

Which again is very risky. Or wrong.

December 13, 2015, 05:01:43 AM
Reply #558

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Cleverly was alright, particularly in the first half after he settled about 10 minutes in.

Other players I'd say far more at fault for why we didnt win today.

December 13, 2015, 06:30:51 AM
Reply #559

therealdunc

Still no one can tell me what Cleverley offers as a player.
The reason is he has average ability at best.

Ineffective the last 3 games up against poor midfielders.
Blue

December 13, 2015, 07:20:14 AM
Reply #560

TSGun

Had the work Christmas show last night so missed everything.

Right now I feel like utter chutney and reading all this is really emphasising the rolling drums inside my head.

Going back to bed.

December 13, 2015, 07:29:29 AM
Reply #561

bluestevie

Still no one can tell me what Cleverley offers as a player.
The reason is he has average ability at best.

Ineffective the last 3 games up against poor midfielders.

utter utter bollocks and you know it. He was one of our best players before his injury and has slipped back into the team with ease
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson