March 27, 2019, 12:48:08 AM

Author Topic: Norwich v Everton  (Read 46556 times)

December 12, 2015, 07:51:19 PM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

At least it's an early one.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 12, 2015, 07:53:57 PM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

How can we play like that for a half, and 15 minutes later I feel physically sick?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

December 12, 2015, 07:57:21 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

Jesus Christ. Score fucking goals you cunts

December 12, 2015, 08:07:57 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

We should still win this, but this is like torture now.

December 12, 2015, 08:13:31 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

I think Barkley's been fine. Sloppy a couple of times, but done plenty of good stuff, and recovered his mistakes well.

December 12, 2015, 08:19:52 PM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

Good to see Gibbo on. Think that could help a fair bit.

December 12, 2015, 08:22:07 PM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

We have got to win this though. It doesn't matter how. It's feeling like a 4-0 defeat at the moment.

December 12, 2015, 08:33:09 PM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

You can blame set pieces, and defending and finishing and all that, but it's mental strength that we lack. We aren't cold or clinical. We're soft and showy. All the players look made up with the tricks and flicks and stepovers and overlapping runs, but it all amounts to fuck all when you don't act professionally and compete to the utmost.

It's fucking horrible this.

December 12, 2015, 08:37:38 PM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

Mediocre. Tired. Torturous. Limp. Weak. Insipid. Bland. Superficial.

Fuck off Everton. I haven't been as disappointed in a long time.

December 12, 2015, 08:40:25 PM
Reply #24

Bluedylan

No. But I don't give him unnecessary shit either.

Alex mate, it's not luck. You could maybe accept that happening once a season (and even then it's be harrowing and traumatic). But after the last two games, it's unforgiveable. And it's not the manager's fault on this occasion. We came out and battered the home team. He had us playing like that. The players fucked it up. They all talked about how disappointed they were with the Palace result and the Bournemouth result, and they'd done the same thing again, but for me, even worse. It's atrocious, mentally.

December 12, 2015, 08:43:41 PM
Reply #25

Bluedylan

I am on the fucking edge over here.

Same here. Best left alone for a while, because I'm not going to be good company for a while. I'm ready to chin the next person who speaks to me in person.

December 12, 2015, 08:45:44 PM
Reply #26

Bluedylan

@Bluedylan think you are right that we need a striker as our top priority once we sell Mirallas and Naismith. With Kone starting, I just think we need to be able to bring one on when we are searching for goals. And, as you said, if Lukaku goes down injured, we are truly fucked.

I can't even talk reasonably at the moment, mate, so I'll have to get back to you on that one. I'm struggling not to launch the laptop.

December 12, 2015, 08:54:33 PM
Reply #27

Bluedylan

Isn't it great being everyone's second team that everyone loves to watch play that end up finishing 9th?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:54:49 PM by Bluedylan »

December 12, 2015, 11:53:48 PM
Reply #28

Bluedylan

We clearly have tactics and at times look incredibly well drilled with the ball.

Without the ball though, I'm not convinced we do have any tactics. It feels like the players get told to just tuck in and sit, and rely on individual interceptions or a mistake from the opposition to get the ball back and then counter.

December 13, 2015, 02:41:03 AM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

Tom cleverly offered nothing again today, struggling to see why we signed him never mind put him in our starting 11.

Hurry up and get fit McCarthy!

You've had a shocker there mate. He was excellent again.