November 18, 2018, 02:21:10 PM

Author Topic: Norwich v Everton  (Read 42841 times)

December 12, 2015, 08:40:26 PM
Reply #45

Evertonian in NC

We basically put the fucking ball in our own net for their goal, too.  Everything about that match was inexcusable.  About 100 times worse than Bournemouth.

If that's what Gibson has to offer, he has no point being in the squad after January any more than Mirallas does.  Let's see Besic again, some other young players who will at least show some heart or ambition or fucking common sense.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 12, 2015, 08:41:16 PM
Reply #46

Evertonian in NC

Alex mate, it's not luck. You could maybe accept that happening once a season (and even then it's be harrowing and traumatic). But after the last two games, it's unforgiveable. And it's not the manager's fault on this occasion. We came out and battered the home team. He had us playing like that. The players fucked it up. They all talked about how disappointed they were with the Palace result and the Bournemouth result, and they'd done the same thing again, but for me, even worse. It's atrocious, mentally.

There's a reason they call it a "one off" not a "three off"
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 12, 2015, 08:47:15 PM
Reply #47

Evertonian in NC

Why did Martinez throw a player onto the pitch that is already out the door, that he is openly at war with?  That makes no fucking sense.

We could have used Lennon's speed on the counter, or to slice through the defense when they were trying to sit back and take away Lukaku.

People are correct to say it's not RM's fault the side he started missed so many first half chances.  But you play the hand you are dealt, and he still had to manage the second half at 1-nil, fairly or not, and he fucked up.

December 12, 2015, 08:49:25 PM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

Same here. Best left alone for a while, because I'm not going to be good company for a while. I'm ready to chin the next person who speaks to me in person.

At least I'm an introvert.  Will stay home and read all day.

December 12, 2015, 09:13:22 PM
Reply #49

Evertonian in NC

I thought Funes Mori was quite good today, after a meh run the past few matches.

The reason why I am not on the "Martinez OUT" bandwagon is that I think Lukaku and Deulofeu REALLY like playing for him.  If the time comes when one or both leave (I think they will go at the same time, they are special together and know it), then I will support a move.  Or if they make it clear behind closed doors that they would be supportive of a managerial move, then I'm ok with it.  I am NOT ok with losing those two any earlier than is absolutely necessary, just because RM frustrates me.  I am certain we would come out on the short end of the stick in any such trade.

December 12, 2015, 09:20:03 PM
Reply #50

Evertonian in NC

I think Stones goes, Lukaku and Deulofeu stay.  Hopefully we invest that money on a world class keeper and a left winger so that we can use Cleverley as a super-sub all over the pitch.

December 12, 2015, 09:26:56 PM
Reply #51

Evertonian in NC

You think Lukaku will stay here finishing midtable because he likes playing for Martinez. 1st chance he gets he'll be at a Champions League club. That could have been us this season if we had a competent manager

No.  But he might stay another season or two and wait to go to a REALLY big club, and not jump at the first CL offer (he could do that this summer easily, and would likely do so if we changed managers).

In the scenario where we spend the Stones money on a LW and top keeper (in my view, a better use of funds when we have Funes Mori and Galloway available and Stones wants to move on), I could see Lukaku being content to stay here, yes.

Has this season raised his visibility and value, even with us mid-table?  Certainly.  The partnership with Deulofeu plays a key role.  If we keep giving him the RIGHT support like that, and we put in place a real plan to make a Top 4 run, he could stay.  Accomplishing that, and playing well in the CL with Everton, could set him up for an elite club move.  THAT is what he really wants, and to be happy until the perfect opportunity arises.  I don't think he's interested in another "stepping stone" as long as he feels supported and happy.

December 12, 2015, 09:31:16 PM
Reply #52

Evertonian in NC

^ This could easily also just be the bargaining stage of grief.  TOTALLY.