November 18, 2017, 02:42:13 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 34057 times)

December 17, 2015, 05:00:28 AM
Read 34057 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Leicester City
Goodison Park
Saturday 19th December 15:00
Premier League Match #17

Everton's last 5 matches

Everton 4-0 Aston Villa (Barkley x2, Lukaku x2)
Bournemouth 3-3 Everton (Funes Mori, Lukaku, Barkley)
Middlesbrough 0-2 Everton - Capital One Cup (Deulofeu, Lukaku)
Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace (Lukaku)
Norwich 1-1 Everton (Lukaku)

Leicester's last 5 matches

Leicester 2-1 Watford (Kante, Vardy Pen)
Newcastle 0-3 Leicester (Vardy, Ulloa, Okazaki)
Leicester 1-1 Manchester United (Vardy)
Swansea 0-3 Leicester (Mahrez x3)
Leicester 2-1 Chelsea (Vardy, Mahrez)

Everton

Everton drew their third successive Premier League match after failing to put Norwich to the sword at Carrow Road last weekend. Everton are unbeaten in their last six league matches but they've only taken 10 points (W2, D4) and their two victories came at Goodison Park against the sides who currently occupy the bottom two places of the Premier League (Sunderland & Aston Villa). Everton are unbeaten in their last 11 meetings with Leicester but nine of those matches have finished in a draw including both fixtures last season which finished 2-2. In fact, 72% of all Premier League fixtures between Everton and Leicester have ended in a draw, the highest percentage of any fixture to have been played at least five times in the league. Only Manchester City (25) have scored more goals at home in the league than Everton (17) this season but only Leicester (13), Bournemouth (13) and West Brom (14) have conceded more than The Toffees (12).

This weekend's fixture sees the top two (three including Mahrez) goalscorers in the league go head to head with Vardy topping the charts with 15 goals and Lukaku not far behind on 12. Lukaku is currently on a run of 6 consecutive Premier League matches with a goal but he'll need to score in another 5 league matches before leveling the record set by Vardy already this season. The Belgian has scored 37 Premier League goals since his debut for Everton, a tally only exceeded by Sergio Aguero (46) during that time. Whilst only Borussia Dortmund's Aubameyang (18) has scored more goals than Vardy in the top five European leagues this season and the Leicester forward has been involved in 17 goals overall in the league this season which is the second most in the league, with Lukaku's 16 goals coming third on that list. Alongside one of his teammates and Lukaku, Vardy has scored a joint league high of seven goals away from home this season whilst just five of Lukaku's 12 goals have come at Goodison Park.

Possible Line-Ups

Leicester

Leicester joined Arsenal and Manchester City in winning 10 of their 16 Premier League matches on Monday night when they dispatched the reigning champions Chelsea 2-1 to take their place at the top of the table. The Foxes have only kept three clean sheets in the league this season but they're the only side to have scored in every single match too, with Manchester City and Arsenal failing to score on three occasions this season. Leicester are also the only side unbeaten away from home this season as they've taken 18 points from their eight fixtures on the road (W5 D3) and they've managed a joint league high of 18 goals away from home, which is two more than they've taken from home matches and they've conceded three goals fewer as well. A win for Leicester would see them go top of the Premier League on Christmas day and five of the last six teams in that position have gone on to win the league (Liverpool 2013/14, fortunately the exception).

Albeit some six goals behind Arsenal's Mesut Ozil, Gerard Deulofeu and Riyad Mahrez have the joint second most assists in the Premier League this season, providing seven goals each. Deulofeu has played significantly fewer minutes than the Algerian international but still posts some decent stats compared to the Premier League's standout player so far this season. Mahrez leads the goals tally significantly with 11 goals to his name and he has been involved in 18 goals overall this season which is the highest in the league compared to Deulofeu's tally of eight. Both of these players are involved in the top scoring duos this season with Deulofeu providing six goals for Lukaku whilst Mahrez has actually scored six goals of his own with all of them being assisted by Marc Albrighton. Just one of Mahrez's 11 goals have been the opening goal in a league match.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 17, 2015, 05:08:18 AM
Reply #1

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I was meNt to be co I got up for this but other things have got in the way. Gutted. Think we'll sneak this
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 17, 2015, 05:09:04 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Walk in the park. 5-0. This will be the game that brings Leicester down to earth.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 17, 2015, 05:10:09 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
I was meNt to be co I got up for this but other things have got in the way. Gutted. Think we'll sneak this

Could be one of the games of the season.

As much as I don't think we'll win this because of the way we've been lately. If it's a case of attack versus attack then we've got a very good chance and Arsenal did batter them 5-2 in Leicester.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 17, 2015, 05:15:15 AM
Reply #4

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Could be one of the games of the season.

As much as I don't think we'll win this because of the way we've been lately. If it's a case of attack versus attack then we've got a very good chance and Arsenal did batter them 5-2 in Leicester.

I originally picked it thinking it would be a game we would win and to do a bit of chrimbo shopping. Never mind. Have to watch it on my Android TV
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 17, 2015, 05:55:31 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Genuinely done think there's any way we'll keep a clean sheet.

While vardy has been impressive, it's not THAT rare for a striker to go beast mode aka. Do a Michael ricketts, but very very rarely does someone play with confidence and ability of mahrez without being a top, top player. Really like him and think Madrid  willprobably will come in for him.

All of their goals have been scored inside the box this season, every single one of them. should be simple enough to just stop the cross, right?

5-3 Leicester.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:56:05 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 17, 2015, 07:16:25 AM
Reply #6

bacon sarnie

Draw
3-3
Lukaku

December 17, 2015, 09:53:05 AM
Reply #7

kramer0

I'm looking forward to this -- it'll be a proper test of where we are right now.

December 17, 2015, 11:31:29 AM
Reply #8

TSGun

The attacking potential for both clubs is there for all to see. There just has to be goals.

Best keeper on the day wins it.

December 17, 2015, 11:58:58 AM
Reply #9

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Draw
3-3
Lukaku
think you are at the wrong place at the wrong moment  ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:59:57 AM by Polledreng »

December 17, 2015, 02:06:47 PM
Reply #10

GrantyBoy78

Even after this mammoth run of form, it's still criminal how much space and lack of respect teams are showing Vardy and Mahrez. Double up if need be. Don't expose the centre backs. Don't give them any time and space. I'd be tempted to leave Coleman in our own half all game to cover Vardy's runs off the left. Seamus is rapid and could eliminate the threat.

Also see Drinkwater and Huth will miss this game. Be interesting to see how they handle a reshuffle; they've pretty much had the same team out every game, they just rotate Vardy's partner a bit.

I can see them scoring so we'll need to be clinical. 2-1 COYB!!!

December 17, 2015, 02:55:42 PM
Reply #11

Zoolander

This has goals galore written all over it.

Probably be nil nil

December 17, 2015, 03:05:17 PM
Reply #12

bravison

Win
2-1
Lukaku
Bring back Beattie!

December 17, 2015, 03:38:57 PM
Reply #13

howard1334

Think will win. Time for Leicester to come back down to earth, and after our recent disappointing results, I feel changing fortunes are in the winds.

Barkley needs to step up this week. After his strong start to the season, he has certainly faded a bit. Still providing a goal threat, but what was so positive about his earlier performances was that he was imposing himself on the game, and trying to be a creative outlet. Perhaps one downside to Deulofeo's excellence is that our game plan has largely been structured around getting him the ball in dangers positions, and I think Barkley has used that fact as an excuse to step back a little bit.

December 17, 2015, 03:49:44 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

Looking forward to this, should be a great game for the neutrals, we need to win, 3-1 to us.