November 22, 2017, 01:37:46 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 34200 times)

December 18, 2015, 05:18:26 AM
Reply #45

toffee_scot

An injury to their main striker and their king assist maker on the wing and you have to ask where their threat is coming from....

...err... :eh:

A Robert Huth or Wes Morgan header from a corner.

December 18, 2015, 06:37:50 AM
Reply #46

AllyBlue14

A Robert Huth or Wes Morgan header from a corner.

Huth is out, I think, so that's one down. Like FM, we always seem to concede to some no-mark who hasn't scored for 2 years and never will again - in particular, I'm thinking Danny Graham for Sunderland in May and Kleberson for United way back when.

December 18, 2015, 06:41:14 AM
Reply #47

AllyBlue14

David Bellion too, I think. :eh:

December 18, 2015, 06:46:20 AM
Reply #48

AllyBlue14

Corrado Grabbi - I'll stop now.

December 18, 2015, 07:07:36 AM
Reply #49

Shogun

Administrator
Happened against Leicester last season. Chris Wood on the opening day of the season.

Mind you, McGeady scored for us.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 18, 2015, 12:59:42 PM
Reply #50

Rhys

Denilson for arsenal always seemed to pop one in against us then disappear forever.

December 18, 2015, 02:29:09 PM
Reply #51

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
John Stead scored his only goal of the season for Blackburn against us.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 18, 2015, 03:02:27 PM
Reply #52

Gash

Global Moderator
Chris Armstrong scoring a hat tick for Spurs against us always sticks in my mind for some reason.

December 18, 2015, 03:22:30 PM
Reply #53

Juanito

Now Baines is back do we think we will have a left sided midfielder to complement him or Arouna?

December 18, 2015, 03:30:58 PM
Reply #54

Macca77

What we have to remember here is that we're playing Leicester, not Man City, Arsenal or United but Leicester, yes they maybe top of the league but our starting 11 is far superior to theirs, im expecting a pretty straight forward home win

December 18, 2015, 03:31:48 PM
Reply #55

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
While you can't call it a "must win" given the time of the season, given our recent results if we have any sort of aspiration to challenge for the top 4 we need momentum soon and I think we need the confidence that beating a team who are flying high can bring with it.

So for me, we really need to get over the line for once and win this game (and frankly probably the next few coming up this month in order to really set up a challenge). However both of those things are a fairly tall order as things stand.

Yeah I think I'd agree.

We need something to push us on.

We've got players in good form so it's not like we're just waiting for Lukaku to hit his stride for example.

0 wins vs teams in the top half isn't good enough so one against top of the table could give us that little bit extra belief/confidence needed.

December 18, 2015, 03:36:14 PM
Reply #56

hill135

I fear we'll be the next team to get rinsed by their counter attack. If there was a game for the sterile, slow, sideways football of last season then this is it.

December 18, 2015, 03:39:25 PM
Reply #57

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I fear we'll be the next team to get rinsed by their counter attack. If there was a game for the sterile, slow, sideways football of last season then this is it.

We'd still be vulnerable as we end up with 6 players in a straight line on the edge of their box and 4 static players on the half way line just waiting for someone to give a really slow square ball that sets up the opposition.

December 18, 2015, 03:44:48 PM
Reply #58

Lxxx

I think Lxxx was pointing out a slight similarity between them and our good selves.

I think quite a few are struggling with it.

December 18, 2015, 03:59:06 PM
Reply #59

Lxxx

Now Baines is back do we think we will have a left sided midfielder to complement him or Arouna?

The 'rinsing Kone till his leg falls off' experiment has had it's day. He's a good member of the squad but not necessarily a vital member of the team. He's looked knackered the past few games so if there was ever a position that needs freshening up it's this one. If Martinez really wants to play him every week then give him a good 70 mins, not watch him visibly wilt for the last 20 minutes every week.