November 25, 2017, 08:17:20 AM

Author Topic: 'Everton in 200m U.S takeover'  (Read 28712 times)

December 23, 2015, 02:01:23 PM
Reply #60

Macca77

Its in todays Mirror, if its in the Star as well then its deffo on

<buys an America flag>

deCoubertin

December 23, 2015, 02:35:44 PM
Reply #61

TrevorSteven

Interesting but I am not eagerly awaiting a takeover.

We know what we have but not what we get. Kenwright has for me changed the club in a positive way. Before BK we fought against relegation. Now we are a stable top half team with ambitions.

A new owner will not have affection to Everton and it is naiv to believe that american investors will put their own pocket money into the club just to make us happy. They will do this investment because they believe that the club can make their pockets filled with money generated by Everton.

Hopefully they can get rich and Everton filled with success but this is not a Chelski or Shitty-sheik doing this for fun and without thinking about the bottomline of running of the club.

As very few do, I actually like Kenwright. Leicester may win the league - we could do too without the money.

December 23, 2015, 03:03:49 PM
Reply #63

Bluedylan

I personally think it's an almost certain inevitability that we'll be bought out within the next 12 months or so, whether it's this group or another group, so for that reason I'm not getting too hung up or invested in individual rumours or takeovers. I just think it will happen, and the convergence of circumstances make it extremely likely.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:08:06 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 23, 2015, 03:08:51 PM
Reply #64

Macca77

How long will it be before people start jumping on the transfer window spending bandwagon

December 23, 2015, 03:12:19 PM
Reply #65

Mayor Farnum

Read it and weep Swansea!

December 23, 2015, 03:14:43 PM
Reply #66

dchans

New stadium, no need to sell our best players and the opportunity to purchase one proper first team star every year to add to what we have?

Yeah, go on then.
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

December 23, 2015, 03:18:43 PM
Reply #67

Cereal Killer

Rumoured interest in Swansea last year
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-jay-moores-charles-noell-8023874

"and was credited with investing to hire star names and boosting attendance."

"won four regional titles and one National League championship and overseen their move to a new stadium"

might be the kind to sell further down the line for a profit, but at least seems to invest to improve things...

December 23, 2015, 03:33:10 PM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

December 23, 2015, 03:37:52 PM
Reply #69

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
A ninja you say?
Ive never been so in as I am now

Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2015, 03:46:34 PM
Reply #71

Fern

Interesting but I am not eagerly awaiting a takeover.

We know what we have but not what we get. Kenwright has for me changed the club in a positive way. Before BK we fought against relegation. Now we are a stable top half team with ambitions.

A new owner will not have affection to Everton and it is naiv to believe that american investors will put their own pocket money into the club just to make us happy. They will do this investment because they believe that the club can make their pockets filled with money generated by Everton.

Hopefully they can get rich and Everton filled with success but this is not a Chelski or Shitty-sheik doing this for fun and without thinking about the bottomline of running of the club.

As very few do, I actually like Kenwright. Leicester may win the league - we could do too without the money.

Understood but most of realise it's time for change. There's no room for sentimentality in modern football. We won't be able to keep our better players the way things are.

If there are decent future owners out there, we should be going out our way to attract them.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:49:20 PM by Fern »

December 23, 2015, 03:49:39 PM
Reply #72

charlatan

December 23, 2015, 03:54:08 PM
Reply #73

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 23, 2015, 04:17:45 PM
Reply #74

Gash

Global Moderator
Just been on SSN but like all the other papers they're just churning out the main points from the original story without adding anything new.

Doesn't come across as a decent charcter in that article. Maybe he's getting desperate but he sounds like exactly the type Kenwright would avoid dealing with.