November 19, 2017, 09:19:56 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 42800 times)

January 02, 2016, 06:38:03 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think I've ever been less interested in an Everton match.

I actually think it'll be quite interesting.

We've struggled against Pochettino teams but generally we've been in patches of ponderous play which their pressing completely smothers.

Now that we're a bit more direct we may be able to catch them out on a few occasions.

Of course we've still got to defend and they've only scored 2 less than us so they're hardly lacking on that front.

It's always interesting to see if the blatantly obvious has been taken on board.

Well, sort of. :eh:

January 02, 2016, 10:05:30 PM
Reply #16

Heisenberg

I have 0 faith in us winning this. But when the pressure gets high for Martinez, he does change things (and successfully) for a few games, so this could possibly be the start of that.

This game is all about Roberto for me, expectations are ridiculously low really. As long as we dont get thrashed he's safe for the time being

January 02, 2016, 10:27:25 PM
Reply #17

Toddacelli

Streams?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 02, 2016, 10:28:33 PM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

Streams?

Can everyone just pretend I posted this tomorrow and did not just get a speeding ticket on the way home to watch this today please?

Thanks.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 02, 2016, 11:04:56 PM
Reply #19

GrantyBoy78

Anyone else really hate Spurs? Can't help being a bit bitter about all the money they've wasted in recent years.

January 02, 2016, 11:06:30 PM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Robles
Coleman stones mori baines
Barry
Barkley Besic
Deulefou mirrallas
Lukaku

More chance of me rimming jessica alba tho

Simply simply lovely

January 02, 2016, 11:10:35 PM
Reply #21

ally2

Robles
Coleman stones mori baines
Barry
Barkley Besic
Deulefou mirrallas
Lukaku

More chance of me rimming jessica alba tho

I just can't see that midfield triangle working together as they are all so different. Thing is that they all have to play as we don't have much choice. I really don't want to see Leon Osman out there chasing spurs's young, fast and dynamic equivalents.

January 02, 2016, 11:16:16 PM
Reply #22

Cozzie

Like to see Lennon start this one.

January 02, 2016, 11:26:35 PM
Reply #23

kramer0

Anyone else really hate Spurs? Can't help being a bit bitter about all the money they've wasted in recent years.

I'm a bit jealous of their financial situation and the fact that they do so much better commercially than we do but, on the pitch, I can't hate what they're doing, especially the way they give opportunities to their young players.

The only thing I really hate about Spurs is the Harry Kane media hype but Jamie Vardy (who I'm also well sick of) has taken the focus off of him so far this season. If 'Arry goes on another goalscoring run then, God help us all, we'll never hear the end of it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:26:54 PM by kramer0 »

January 02, 2016, 11:42:49 PM
Reply #24

Evertonian in NC

My 3-1 defeat prediction seems optimistic now.  Had no idea we were 0-3-3 in our last 6, hadn't really considered them a bogey side.

Plus, based on goal differential (going into the weekend), they are the best side in the League.  Though again, never would have guessed that just from what I've seen.

All signs point to a proper thrashing, so footy being what it is, something totally random is bound to happen...RIGHT?

/bargaining stage of grief WOO
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 03, 2016, 12:34:58 AM
Reply #25

christiffa25

Think Roberto will go all defensive for this one. As he does for a few games when the pressure on him starts cranking up.

So I'm gonna predict a 0-0. If we're to get beat I hope it's a spanking which leads to RM finally going!

January 03, 2016, 12:50:08 AM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think Roberto will go all defensive for this one. As he does for a few games when the pressure on him starts cranking up.

So I'm gonna predict a 0-0. If we're to get beat I hope it's a spanking which leads to RM finally going!

Yeah, be boss to watch us lose 4-0 won't it.

Be gutted for you if we don't get a spanking tbh.

January 03, 2016, 12:57:19 AM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not many people will have watched that tournament, but it's like having been given a brief glimpse of the Truth!

I watched it. He was just a headless chicken who took pot shots every time he had the ball rather than try to play football.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2016, 01:01:26 AM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
what kind of soulless cunt wants us to get 'spanked'? Jesus.

I honestly do think we will get our pants pulled down here though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2016, 01:03:07 AM
Reply #29

Gash

Global Moderator

What a daft statement. I never understand this mentality of wanting to lose so the manager gets sacked, wouldn't it be better we won and went on a decent run? Plus there's nothing to suggest he's under any pressure from within the club anyway.