November 18, 2017, 05:21:26 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 42753 times)

January 03, 2016, 01:18:14 AM
Reply #30

christiffa25

Right gash and ram......

Let's get this clear. There's a difference between wanting to lose and the consequences of a defeat.

Now before getting on your high horses, if you read my post properly I said IF WE WERE TO LOSE not I HOPE we lose.

The only difference between a 7-6 loss and 7-0 loss would likely be the mangers job.

I'm not going to apologize or be made out as a bad blue just because IF we were to lose I hope it's bad enough that a manager who I think is severely hampering us loses his job.

In an ideal world Martinez turns a corner and we win the amount of games we should be and I would sing his praises from the rooftops. But it's being going on 18 months now and he's just not good enough.

January 03, 2016, 01:30:53 AM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's just essentially against who I am to ever under any circumstances hope Everton get banged. Haven't got it in me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2016, 01:38:04 AM
Reply #32

Gash

Global Moderator
Right gash and ram......

Let's get this clear. There's a difference between wanting to lose and the consequences of a defeat.

Now before getting on your high horses, if you read my post properly I said IF WE WERE TO LOSE not I HOPE we lose.

The only difference between a 7-6 loss and 7-0 loss would likely be the mangers job.

I'm not going to apologize or be made out as a bad blue just because IF we were to lose I hope it's bad enough that a manager who I think is severely hampering us loses his job.

In an ideal world Martinez turns a corner and we win the amount of games we should be and I would sing his praises from the rooftops. But it's being going on 18 months now and he's just not good enough.

It's still a daft statement. We're not getting turned over 7-0 and even if we lose tomorrow, he's not getting sacked especially with a cup semi final in three days.

Other than fans voicing opinions on social media there has been absolutely no suggestion or murmurings from within the club that his job is under any pressure.

January 03, 2016, 02:28:25 AM
Reply #33

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I just can't see that midfield triangle working together as they are all so different. Thing is that they all have to play as we don't have much choice. I really don't want to see Leon Osman out there chasing spurs's young, fast and dynamic equivalents.
Barry sits in
Besic does Barkleys work freeing him to do what he does

In my mind it works

Then you've got the three up top

Simply simply lovely

January 03, 2016, 02:30:04 AM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Right gash and ram......

So we lose 7 6 and that's OK?

Simply simply lovely

January 03, 2016, 02:58:55 AM
Reply #35

Sixx1402

It's still a daft statement. We're not getting turned over 7-0 and even if we lose tomorrow, he's not getting sacked especially with a cup semi final in three days.

Other than fans voicing opinions on social media there has been absolutely no suggestion or murmurings from within the club that his job is under any pressure.

Not really a daft statement if it meant that this game was the turning point for the board and in the long term we got a great manager in and managed to win the league. Would you then still wish we'd won this game and Martinez hadn't have eventually been sacked? Hmmmmm.......
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 03, 2016, 03:10:26 AM
Reply #36

Gash

Global Moderator
Not really a daft statement if it meant that this game was the turning point for the board and in the long term we got a great manager in and managed to win the league. Would you then still wish we'd won this game and Martinez hadn't have eventually been sacked? Hmmmmm.......

I'd rather we win, go into Wednesday confident get to Wembley, win a cup and kick on for the rest of the season in the league as well. And there's far more factors than sacking Martinez required if we are to even get close to winning the league.

Not to turn this in to another manager debate but as I said twice already there is no hint whatsoever that he's under any pressure from the club especially not on tomorrow's result.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:50:30 AM by Gash »

January 03, 2016, 03:18:13 AM
Reply #37

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon losing 7-0 would put some serious pressure on him.

January 03, 2016, 03:18:57 AM
Reply #38

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Surely wishing Everton win every week, no matter who is in charge is better than hoping we lose so the manager gets sacked. Isn't it?

Simply simply lovely

January 03, 2016, 03:25:05 AM
Reply #39

Waltzer

Right gash and ram......

I felt the same last season, he isn't taking us anywhere except down. The fact is, even if we lost 10-0 I don't think he'd go, especially with the cup semi and the potential takeover looming as they'll want to show stability. My hope is that if we do get taken over they see him for the shower of shit he is and get rid pronto.

January 03, 2016, 03:47:45 AM
Reply #40

GrantyBoy78

The way they're set up and drilled is a massive factor in their relative success this season but think they're helped by pretty much having their first 11 fit, every week.

January 03, 2016, 03:59:34 AM
Reply #41

Sixx1402

Surely wishing Everton win every week, no matter who is in charge is better than hoping we lose so the manager gets sacked. Isn't it?

I wish it was that simple but i'm looking at the bigger picture and i think the other guy is aswell. I can't be bothered with another Martinez debate but i'd rather lose a couple now if it meant winning the league in 3 or 4 years, that's just how i feel, we'll never come close to winning the league with the current manager. We won't even get in the top 7 this season with him in charge so a win here and there in my opinion is purely academic.

January 03, 2016, 04:05:30 AM
Reply #42

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I wish it was that simple but i'm looking at the bigger picture and i think the other guy is aswell. I can't be bothered with another Martinez debate but i'd rather lose a couple now if it meant winning the league in 3 or 4 years, that's just how i feel, we'll never come close to winning the league with the current manager. We won't even get in the top 7 this season with him in charge so a win here and there in my opinion is purely academic.
I never meant to like that post

I'm as negative as it comes with Everton but I'd never want to see us lose.
Not to prove a point
Not to stop Liverpool or any other rival from winning something
Not to see a manager get the sack
Not to see a board fucked off

I want Everton to win. Whoever is in charge.

I'm not happy with martinez, I think his time is up but I still want us to win

Simply simply lovely

January 03, 2016, 04:07:31 AM
Reply #43

Gash

Global Moderator

We'll never get close to winning the league under our current circumstances, changing the manager isn't going to change that and we won't attract a Premier League winning pedigree of manager if we get rid of him. It'll change things, possibly for the better but it won't put us in a league winning position anytime soon, there's far too many other external factors.

I'm losing patience with Martinez but sacking him during a transfer window (when there is little value/money for the new manager) and ending up with someone like Duncan Ferguson taking charge when we've three games against Man City in the next few weeks scares me more than Martinez attempts at changing things around.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:08:59 AM by Gash »

January 03, 2016, 04:27:48 AM
Reply #44

Sixx1402

I never meant to like that post

I'm as negative as it comes with Everton but I'd never want to see us lose.
Not to prove a point
Not to stop Liverpool or any other rival from winning something
Not to see a manager get the sack
Not to see a board fucked off

I want Everton to win. Whoever is in charge.

I'm not happy with martinez, I think his time is up but I still want us to win

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree, i'm not here to argue just put my point across. We all want the same thing in the end anyway, and that's our team to be successful. I'm just looking at it from a different angle