November 18, 2017, 05:14:43 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 42752 times)

January 03, 2016, 04:31:57 AM
Reply #45

Sixx1402

We'll never get close to winning the league under our current circumstances, changing the manager isn't going to change that and we won't attract a Premier League winning pedigree of manager if we get rid of him. It'll change things, possibly for the better but it won't put us in a league winning position anytime soon, there's far too many other external factors.

I'm losing patience with Martinez but sacking him during a transfer window (when there is little value/money for the new manager) and ending up with someone like Duncan Ferguson taking charge when we've three games against Man City in the next few weeks scares me more than Martinez attempts at changing things around.

Well i could point to Leicester currently and what can be achieved with a well drilled organised team with confidence, sure they haven't won anything yet but looking at the table they've got a GREAT chance of finishing in the top 4 if not one better. That in my opinion is down to the manager, and i makes me wonder what could be achieved with the right man in charge. Anyway like i say i'm not here to argue, its just my opinion and i respect yours aswell.
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 03, 2016, 04:39:15 AM
Reply #46

Gash

Global Moderator
Well i could point to Leicester currently and what can be achieved with a well drilled organised team with confidence, sure they haven't won anything yet but looking at the table they've got a GREAT chance of finishing in the top 4 if not one better. That in my opinion is down to the manager, and i makes me wonder what could be achieved with the right man in charge. Anyway like i say i'm not here to argue, its just my opinion and i respect yours aswell.

My final say on the subject.

Leicester's suddenly become everyone's favourite example but people need to stop making out Ranieri at 64 and averaging about 18 months at a club/country has suddenly become a managerial genius. And even then, they won't win the league which was your original point.

I'm away to watch the rest of the darts now. ;)

January 03, 2016, 05:18:20 AM
Reply #47

Sixx1402

My final say on the subject.

Leicester's suddenly become everyone's favourite example but people need to stop making out Ranieri at 64 and averaging about 18 months at a club/country has suddenly become a managerial genius. And even then, they won't win the league which was your original point.

I'm away to watch the rest of the darts now. ;)

Well i never said he was a managerial genius, i just think he's the right man for the right club at the right time, something that in my opinion we haven't got (not even close). I agree with you that i very much doubt they will win the league but can you say for absolute certain they won't? At least they are in that position, i can say for ABSOLUTE certain that WE won't. That's the difference. Enjoy the darts pal
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 03, 2016, 05:47:06 AM
Reply #48

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I can say for absolute certain that Leicester won't win the league.

January 03, 2016, 05:55:55 AM
Reply #49

hill135

A few weeks ago I would have said it would be typical for us to go and win this.

Now I can see us getting beaten.

January 03, 2016, 07:28:43 AM
Reply #50

Jamokachi

I'm jealous of Spurs, and I hate myself for it.

January 03, 2016, 07:47:54 AM
Reply #51

howard1334

Can everyone just pretend I posted this tomorrow and did not just get a speeding ticket on the way home to watch this today please?

Thanks.

I hope all the likes made up for the speeding ticket.

January 03, 2016, 08:36:40 AM
Reply #52

starblood

Gibson should get the call over Besic surely? Better player (as. it stands), more discipline, better passing and capable of the odd goal.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:37:51 AM by starblood »

January 03, 2016, 08:38:34 AM
Reply #53

Thornton_19

Gibson should get the nod over Besic surely? Better player (as. it stands), more discipline, better passing and capable of the odd goal.

Besic will help a lot more defensivly than Gibson. Plus he's quicker and this is a very quick fit team. Gibson won't cover half the ground Besic will.

January 03, 2016, 10:51:12 AM
Reply #54

howard1334

Gibson should get the call over Besic surely? Better player (as. it stands), more discipline, better passing and capable of the odd goal.

Besic has looked far more likely to score than Gibson in matches over the last two years. Don't necessarily disagree with the rest of your post.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:05:29 PM by howard1334 »

January 03, 2016, 10:53:33 AM
Reply #55

bluenuck

We're gonna fuck this up, aren't we?

January 03, 2016, 12:06:13 PM
Reply #56

howard1334

Not sure you call it fucking up when a superior and much more consistent side beats you. Which, despite us arguably being as or more talented, Totenham is at the moment.

January 03, 2016, 12:28:24 PM
Reply #57

farnhamtoffee

No,when our backs are against the wall,we generally put in a good performance and get the points.

January 03, 2016, 02:42:46 PM
Reply #58

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Besic will help a lot more defensivly than Gibson. Plus he's quicker and this is a very quick fit team. Gibson won't cover half the ground Besic will.

My issue with Besic defensively is that he's got almost zero positional discipline, unless it involves a man marking type job where running round is more the skill required.

He's very prone to following the ball/player to needless positions on the pitch which can leave us more exposed than normal.

But if we're going to play our usual exposed game then Besic's greater pace might be more useful.

January 03, 2016, 03:51:06 PM
Reply #59

BlueBeagle

I don't know where this myth has come from that Besic is a good defensive player.

He's a fucking liability, ill disciplined, likely to give away free kicks in dangerous areas, pick up a card early on and be caught out of position whilst offering little going forwards.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:56:13 PM by BlueBeagle »