October 23, 2019, 06:38:48 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 71048 times)

January 04, 2016, 12:17:47 AM
Reply #540

Craig_1878

Souness doesn't half talk shite
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

January 04, 2016, 12:18:11 AM
Reply #541

Sixx1402

Martinez does this every time the pressures on, makes the obvious changes. The performance glosses over the fact that we failed to win 3 points again though

Yep totally, people seem to forget that, we're not in a good position in the league and its only going to get worse with our next 2 games away to City and Chelsea. A point at home is crap against a side who we are supposed to be equals to. Sorry but a half decent second half performance doesn't change that, especially after a dreadful first half, are we ever going to see a decent two halves from this team under Martinez? Its getting ridiculous now
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 04, 2016, 12:18:52 AM
Reply #542

Cozzie

He's got balls the size of church bells, no doubt.

Aye, bet they fucking clang as well.

January 04, 2016, 12:19:18 AM
Reply #543

Cozzie

Thought that at the time. Gives us a cunty/snide side we lack, too.

When we need to win ugly sometimes, he is ideal.

January 04, 2016, 12:20:34 AM
Reply #544

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Better once the subs were made.

Kone has only scored in 4 of his 45 appearances for us so he's not exactly offering a goal threat.

Cleverley on the left with Besic in with Barry in these tougher games must surely be a good option.

January 04, 2016, 12:21:22 AM
Reply #545

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm made up Stones did it, absolute boss.

Why, though?

I love him and the way he brings the ball out, but to do that in the 86th minute when you're drawing 1-1 is negligent.

soon as he cut inside he lost control of the situation and got bailed out massively by the ref.

I don't want him to change, but that today was pretty disgraceful.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 04, 2016, 12:23:49 AM
Reply #546

Craig_1878

Carragher rightly having a dig a Stones pissing about with it in the box. I can see why Stones is frustrated though, he was in control of the situation but you just don't piss about in that situation.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

January 04, 2016, 12:25:32 AM
Reply #547

christiffa25

Some being a bit harsh on stones imo. Ok his choice of words (which was certainly not on purpose imo) probably not the best to a bunch of scousers but weeks ago he would of been cheered for doing the same thing.

The managers flaws and the way he wants the team to play is reflecting on the players when results are not good.

It's not a good situation we're in.

January 04, 2016, 12:26:42 AM
Reply #548

bacon sarnie

Why, though?

I love him and the way he brings the ball out, but to do that in the 86th minute when you're drawing 1-1 is negligent.

soon as he cut inside he lost control of the situation and got bailed out massively by the ref.

I don't want him to change, but that today was pretty disgraceful.

The 'fuck me!' directed at the abuse from the crowd at himself for fucking about or that he's still an Everton player?

January 04, 2016, 12:26:46 AM
Reply #549

Elgoodo1978

Kone seems a very likeable guy but it was like we had 10 men in the first half. 

January 04, 2016, 12:27:30 AM
Reply #550

Bluedylan

Yeah, have to agree with Ram and Carragher about Stones. 99% of the time it's great to play the ball and look for a passing option, but he's got to learn the occasional time (like the last 5 minutes in your own box against a fresh player) to get rid. It brings pressure on the whole defence and gets the fans on our backs. I think he thinks he's almost failed when he has to kick it long. He needs to learn it's not a failure at all, it's necessary in some situations.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 04, 2016, 12:29:21 AM
Reply #551

bacon sarnie

Anyways, chins up it can only get better from here on in when we win the fuckin cup.

Slante!

January 04, 2016, 12:29:51 AM
Reply #552

howard1334

Kone seems a very likeable guy but it was like we had 10 men in the first half. 

Kone still has a lot to offer Everton. Our own frustration with Martinez's over use and misuse of him should not entirely cloud our opinions of him.

January 04, 2016, 12:30:45 AM
Reply #553

howard1334

Some being a bit harsh on stones imo. Ok his choice of words (which was certainly not on purpose imo) probably not the best to a bunch of scousers but weeks ago he would of been cheered for doing the same thing.

The managers flaws and the way he wants the team to play is reflecting on the players when results are not good.

It's not a good situation we're in.

He never would have been cheered for that.

January 04, 2016, 12:32:35 AM
Reply #554

toffee_scot

A much improved second half against a team who could very well finish comfortably in the top 4.