August 18, 2019, 08:01:31 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 66016 times)

January 04, 2016, 12:32:40 AM
Reply #555

Alanvideo

Yeah, have to agree with Ram and Carragher about Stones. 99% of the time it's great to play the ball and look for a passing option, but he's got to learn the occasional time (like the last 5 minutes in your own box against a fresh player) to get rid. It brings pressure on the whole defence and gets the fans on our backs. I think he thinks he's almost failed when he has to kick it long. He needs to learn it's not a failure at all, it's necessary in some situations.
...........exactly. There is a time when you just have to put your foot through the ball.
Anyway it was  a decent performance today against a team who were full of confidence. We could have nicked it at the end too.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 04, 2016, 12:32:53 AM
Reply #556

cjohno100

would like to see besic given a run of games, and hopefully thats the end of kone playing wide midfield, reminds me of when heskey used to get played out wide, ive nothing against kone and think hes a useful sub to bring on when a games a little stretched. but hes not first choice as wide midfielder, would like to see besic have a few games with mcarthy when hes fit , could be a good partnership in time

January 04, 2016, 12:33:08 AM
Reply #557

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It was ridiculous from Stones there. Even more so when we've been throwing games away left right and centre.

But...

He is encouraged to do that. It was a poor decision but when you're instructed not to welly it you open yourself up to poor individual decisions like that.

January 04, 2016, 12:34:03 AM
Reply #558

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Stones is a child and is suffering from over exposure. He's sat alongside a player who isn't exactly experienced as well. One of them will give way and the team will be better for it. Long term Stones is obviously going to be absolute top class but there are bound to be periods of poor decision making. He's having Barkley's season last year.

January 04, 2016, 12:34:05 AM
Reply #559

Alfie Noakes

Why, though?

I love him and the way he brings the ball out, but to do that in the 86th minute when you're drawing 1-1 is negligent.

soon as he cut inside he lost control of the situation and got bailed out massively by the ref.

I don't want him to change, but that today was pretty disgraceful.

Disagree there.

Stones is brilliant. He knew he would eventually be fouled in that situation, he can read the game.

Supporters moaning just give him more reason to leave if you ask me.

January 04, 2016, 12:34:51 AM
Reply #560

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Aye, bet they fucking clang as well.

You're treading on thin ice. :)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 04, 2016, 12:37:00 AM
Reply #561

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
If someone came here without having seen the game first, they'd be forgiven to think Stones gave the ball away and Spurs scored the winning goal from it.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 04, 2016, 12:38:05 AM
Reply #562

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Disagree there.

Stones is brilliant. He knew he would eventually be fouled in that situation, he can read the game.

Supporters moaning just give him more reason to leave if you ask me.

If he did the same thing at Chelsea with the way things had been there this season it wouldn't just be supporters moaning at him, the national press would be slating him massively. He will need to grow a thicket skin if fans moaning causes him to leave
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 04, 2016, 12:40:03 AM
Reply #563

Bluedylan

Some postives anyway. Thought Funes Mori defender bravely, and looked to anticipate situations well before danger unfolded. Thought Barkley was very good again. Cleverley's long passes are really good. Del and Besic both contributed very well in different ways.

Actually thought Rom struggled a bit up against the two Belgians. They read his intentions very well every time he isolated one of them.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 04, 2016, 12:47:26 AM
Reply #564

Trowel

I took Stones's frustration to be with Howard for failing to help him out when he first received the ball.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 04, 2016, 12:47:44 AM
Reply #565

Evertonian in NC

The key is what we do with that second half effort moving forward.  We can't get back the points we gave away earlier in the season.  And today's valiant effort means fuckall if we go back to dicking around and giving away points.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 04, 2016, 12:56:20 AM
Reply #566

bacon sarnie

I took Stones's frustration to be with Howard for failing to help him out when he first received the ball.

Winner.

January 04, 2016, 01:01:51 AM
Reply #567

Heisenberg

I had confidence in him not losing the ball. I dont worry in the slightest when he has the ball. Its when he doesnt he's worrying

January 04, 2016, 01:15:51 AM
Reply #568

WeimaranerBlues

Its current position we find ourselves in, had a silimar incident at the GS end v stoke only that time Arnautovic stole the ball of him....... considering whats gone on , got to applaud him to still have the balls to execute it............think Besic was actually encouraging him and not having a go.........

result wise should have lost the game on first half performance, but 2nd half LLoris won them a point as can't remember Howard making any saves, other than flapping at a few crosses and electing to punch
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:17:10 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

January 04, 2016, 01:18:20 AM
Reply #569

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Not for me. If could have just passed it to Howard when he first got it.