November 18, 2019, 09:10:43 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 73180 times)

January 04, 2016, 01:18:32 AM
Reply #570

Dirty Ticket

Thats just a piece for shit written with your right hand stucked behind. Martinez is no defensive coach and if you want that philosophy you go get Tony Pullis. Too bad Martinez fell for the pressure and abandoned what he is good at - attacking. He is fore sure finished soon.
wha? - i want us to be able to see a game out.- mix it up a bit so as not to be predictable and stay switched on for 94 minutes- is that too much to ask for? it doesnt look to me like Bobby has abandoned his crab-ball slow snooze style at all. is he so dense as to not see we are predictable and easy to play against with just a bit of running and closing down from the opposition- or is effort a dirty word and we are above that- no breaking sweat for us m`boy, thats for the likes of lesser teams who we have the right to look down on!!!!!!!!

January 04, 2016, 01:54:12 AM
Reply #571

ihatecollina

Suprised you were happy with cleverly thought he was poor today.
Did you watch the game then??!!
The bird in the pink is back.....

January 04, 2016, 02:14:47 AM
Reply #572

Ridge

Stones was absolutely superb today and that tackle on Kane was worth a goal. Bizarrely, the crowd reaction to Stones got him out of trouble and a free kick for nothing. But he is turning away from goal, had control of the ball and situation, if he clumps it into a Spurs forward when trying to clear it across goal, it's a bigger fuck up.

Fans and commentators have said he's overplayed it, he needs to be clearing it, you can't get away with that, about most things he does with the ball. If he listened to what common perception is, he wouldn't be anywhere near the player he is.

He plays by his own standards and that often conflicts with the norm or what most of us thought was acceptable or advisable. But it gives him a far wider range of options and makes him harder to read. He plays the unexpected, he defies expectations, when he goes forward he hardly ever gets challenged, he just glides past everyone.

Everyone felt that anxiety, fear or panic of the ball near the goal, everyone except Stones.

January 04, 2016, 02:32:55 AM
Reply #573

Paddockoldie

For all his effort today and superb hold up and running, i think we let Rom down today... he is getting better and better and unless we make it worth his while, he'll get frustrated and walk.
Sadly, this is Martinez's level and it will just be more on off, on off..

January 04, 2016, 02:39:19 AM
Reply #574

ally2

Gotta say that reading this thread after getting back it seems like most people seem reasonably happy with that.  We shouldn't.  We were absolute garbage in the first half anf they should have been out of sight.  It was like watching a training session with us down to 8 players or something.  The ease with which they could find space between our lines - particularly between defence and midfield, was shocking.  And the acres of space AGAIN down our left that Pochetino was desperately pushing his team to exploit was baffling.    there was poor concentration throughout and sloppy play but we got away with it.  Yes it was a good second half.  Yes Lennon took his goal nicely but you can't play for 45 mins and screw up the rest.

January 04, 2016, 02:44:33 AM
Reply #575

ally2

Oh another thing - where are all the Besic haters now?  Come on crawl out from under your rocks you spineless jellyfish.  He was excellent today and that was his first game back as well.  You don't have to own up, I know who you are anyway.  And similar applies to Mori who was also very good except a few small errors in the first half, and Deleufeu who apparently has been 'shit' recently and so we are back to tedious shouts of 'he's better off the bench' bullshit.

January 04, 2016, 02:47:40 AM
Reply #576

Dirty Ticket

seems like a load of evertonians think nil satis wotsit thingy means something else. the mad thing is that a bit more concentration and we couldve gone in at half time ahead and probably won the game too

January 04, 2016, 02:54:56 AM
Reply #577

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Oh another thing - where are all the Besic haters now?  Come on crawl out from under your rocks you spineless jellyfish.  He was excellent today and that was his first game back as well.  You don't have to own up, I know who you are anyway.  And similar applies to Mori who was also very good except a few small errors in the first half, and Deleufeu who apparently has been 'shit' recently and so we are back to tedious shouts of 'he's better off the bench' bullshit.

Suppose I'm a Besic 'hater'

I'll just say he was very good today and deserves a run in the team from that showing. He gave us what we've been missing recently.

But, I'll always say when a player plays well no matter my overall opinion on them. None of this blind criticism to suit a pre conceived agenda here.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 04, 2016, 02:59:52 AM
Reply #578

ally2

Suppose I'm a Besic 'hater'

I'll just say he was very good today and deserves a run in the team from that showing. He gave us what we've been missing recently.

But, I'll always say when a player plays well no matter my overall opinion on them. None of this blind criticism to suit a pre conceived agenda here.

Well done mate. I am probably as guilty but in reverse as I have always rated him despite his criticisms, some of which may be legitimate. I was amazed how good he was today first game back. Hopefully with a year or two he can improve his tactical game but the all energy thing he does really lifts the crowd who were absolutely dead today until we played a bit better. 

January 04, 2016, 03:06:44 AM
Reply #579

Alfie Noakes

Calm down man, Besic is well loved here.. the others too.

If you have an issue with people here then contact them.

January 04, 2016, 03:16:32 AM
Reply #580

Gash

Global Moderator

Ah you can't beat a good old "I told you so" on the back of one performance.

Everyone has their favourites and everyone has players they just don't get. I can be harsh on Barkley but if we're honest he could put in a man of the match performance in a World Cup final and you'd still find reason to moan about him so don't get all arsey just because someone you rate put's in a decent shift. He was very good today though.

January 04, 2016, 03:17:27 AM
Reply #581

bluestevie

seems like a load of evertonians think nil satis wotsit thingy means something else. the mad thing is that a bit more concentration and we couldve gone in at half time ahead and probably won the game too

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, if you don't know how to say it then don't use it
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 04, 2016, 03:25:43 AM
Reply #582

Alfie Noakes

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, if you don't know how to say it then don't use it

Don't be too harsh, he or she is new here...

.. and will get enough flak with some of our threads.

January 04, 2016, 03:29:43 AM
Reply #583

md49vd

anyone else sing oh nacer nacer chadli when he came on?

January 04, 2016, 03:31:35 AM
Reply #584

ally2

Ah you can't beat a good old "I told you so" on the back of one performance.

Everyone has their favourites and everyone has players they just don't get. I can be harsh on Barkley but if we're honest he could put in a man of the match performance in a World Cup final and you'd still find reason to moan about him so don't get all arsey just because someone you rate put's in a decent shift. He was very good today though.

I think people think I'm more het up than I actually am. I wasn't actually that serious and I certainly don't need telling off.

Generally speaking though I am confused why we don't collectively support our players, especially younger or less experienced players. Now I will admit I don't rate Aaron Lennon - that's because I think he's a but of a journeyman (see thread a long time ago for a detailed discussion of the the meaning of this word) and is overall average. And the same applies to older players who don't perform like Howard.