September 19, 2019, 05:19:25 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 68631 times)

January 04, 2016, 12:03:16 AM
Reply #510

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
John stones has massively believed the hype and the crowd was right to shit themselves when he's doing cryuff turns on his own line.

He had plenty of opportunities to play the pass but thought 'I'm on sky, let's show them what I've got'

That type of stuff does sum up the lack of professionalism in the squad at the moment.

I wouldn't be against jags coming in for him for a bit. Ground the lad

January 04, 2016, 12:03:19 AM
Reply #511

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
he gets no credit for the changes aswell becaus it was obvious we should have started that way in the first place
the first half was wank
Simply simply lovely

January 04, 2016, 12:03:32 AM
Reply #512

Thomas

I get what you're saying but the assumption about being on Sky is a bit mental.

Its mental but that's why I like it.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 04, 2016, 12:03:45 AM
Reply #513

Craig_1878

Big credit to Martinez for his subs, Besic changed the game and was superb. Really impressed with Cleverley as well, the thought of him and Besic playing together in the centre is quite exciting although I don't know if they could do what McCarthy and Barry do defensively. All in all though I'm very happy with that but we need to sack Kone off, he's a liability on and off the ball.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

January 04, 2016, 12:03:46 AM
Reply #514

bluenuck

Besic looked good. Still rough around the edges though. Needs to know when to go a full 500% and know when to reign it in a bit.

I thought when Kone came off we looked stronger as a unit.

January 04, 2016, 12:04:47 AM
Reply #515

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not just saying it now but I've never understood the negative 'jarg tatooed hardman' stuff about Besic. He's a good, young international player learning his way in a much tougher league. Clearly got loads of ability.

yeah i think Ram is guilty of this ;)
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 04, 2016, 12:05:05 AM
Reply #516

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know if that is fair - you are drawing a bit of a false equivalency. Need to consider when it was during the game Stones was going on his walk about, the absurd number of times he cut in back and forth (more than any other time I have seen), and that he did have clear opportunities to clear it long. I was fine with him doing the first and second cut backs, but by the third I was a bit frustrated and the fourth was just ridiculous.

We should send him a graph that plots the number of acceptable Cruyff turns to make in your area as a function of time and current result. :)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 04, 2016, 12:05:10 AM
Reply #517

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Media wank a thon over delle Ali is bordering on ridiculous
Simply simply lovely

January 04, 2016, 12:05:54 AM
Reply #518

bacon sarnie

Good match that - enjoyed it for a change. Great to see Besic back - gave us some balls. Good second half. Thought Lukaku was gonna win it at the death. Me fuckin nerves are shot waiting for another heartbreaker.

Souness is a tit.

January 04, 2016, 12:06:21 AM
Reply #519

howard1334

We should send him a graph that plots the number of acceptable Cruyff turns to make in your area as a function of time and current result. :)

I will work on it. But i think that is more of a mental thing!

January 04, 2016, 12:07:33 AM
Reply #520

MarcusFenix

Thought Rom was outstanding today, our MOTM for me, if only he could have taken one of those chances at the end. Funes Mori was much improved second half, Cleverley had a good game and Besic surely must have given Martinez a problem.

I am so frustrated with how this season has panned out so far, we are clearly very good in attack, we are so close to threatening the top 6 yet our defensive frailties hinder progress.
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

January 04, 2016, 12:07:55 AM
Reply #521

Alfie Noakes

January 04, 2016, 12:07:59 AM
Reply #522

GoodisonPk

Big credit to Martinez for his subs, Besic changed the game and was superb. Really impressed with Cleverley as well, the thought of him and Besic playing together in the centre is quite exciting although I don't know if they could do what McCarthy and Barry do defensively. All in all though I'm very happy with that but we need to sack Kone off, he's a liability on and off the ball.

Suprised you were happy with cleverly thought he was poor today.

January 04, 2016, 12:08:39 AM
Reply #523

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That Alli will be a great player
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 04, 2016, 12:08:39 AM
Reply #524

Heisenberg

The performance...glosses over...the fact that we failed to win 3 points? So the fact that we played really well, which is the only thing we can control, glosses over something that we have no direct control over? How does that work?

Pretty much all we're about now isn't it. Playing good football but not winning. The fact we played deeper just makes it seem like we was better. But we could have been about 4 down at half time in reality