September 23, 2019, 08:35:32 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 69153 times)

January 02, 2016, 11:10:35 PM
Read 69153 times

ally2

Robles
Coleman stones mori baines
Barry
Barkley Besic
Deulefou mirrallas
Lukaku

More chance of me rimming jessica alba tho

I just can't see that midfield triangle working together as they are all so different. Thing is that they all have to play as we don't have much choice. I really don't want to see Leon Osman out there chasing spurs's young, fast and dynamic equivalents.

January 03, 2016, 04:00:41 PM
Reply #1

ally2

Besic was actually playing left mid against Chelsea when he got injured and playing well. Off course Naismith replaced him and the rest was history.

January 03, 2016, 07:49:51 PM
Reply #2

ally2

We'll lose this

January 04, 2016, 02:39:19 AM
Reply #3

ally2

Gotta say that reading this thread after getting back it seems like most people seem reasonably happy with that.  We shouldn't.  We were absolute garbage in the first half anf they should have been out of sight.  It was like watching a training session with us down to 8 players or something.  The ease with which they could find space between our lines - particularly between defence and midfield, was shocking.  And the acres of space AGAIN down our left that Pochetino was desperately pushing his team to exploit was baffling.    there was poor concentration throughout and sloppy play but we got away with it.  Yes it was a good second half.  Yes Lennon took his goal nicely but you can't play for 45 mins and screw up the rest.

January 04, 2016, 02:44:33 AM
Reply #4

ally2

Oh another thing - where are all the Besic haters now?  Come on crawl out from under your rocks you spineless jellyfish.  He was excellent today and that was his first game back as well.  You don't have to own up, I know who you are anyway.  And similar applies to Mori who was also very good except a few small errors in the first half, and Deleufeu who apparently has been 'shit' recently and so we are back to tedious shouts of 'he's better off the bench' bullshit.

January 04, 2016, 02:59:52 AM
Reply #5

ally2

Suppose I'm a Besic 'hater'

I'll just say he was very good today and deserves a run in the team from that showing. He gave us what we've been missing recently.

But, I'll always say when a player plays well no matter my overall opinion on them. None of this blind criticism to suit a pre conceived agenda here.

Well done mate. I am probably as guilty but in reverse as I have always rated him despite his criticisms, some of which may be legitimate. I was amazed how good he was today first game back. Hopefully with a year or two he can improve his tactical game but the all energy thing he does really lifts the crowd who were absolutely dead today until we played a bit better. 

January 04, 2016, 03:31:35 AM
Reply #6

ally2

Ah you can't beat a good old "I told you so" on the back of one performance.

Everyone has their favourites and everyone has players they just don't get. I can be harsh on Barkley but if we're honest he could put in a man of the match performance in a World Cup final and you'd still find reason to moan about him so don't get all arsey just because someone you rate put's in a decent shift. He was very good today though.

I think people think I'm more het up than I actually am. I wasn't actually that serious and I certainly don't need telling off.

Generally speaking though I am confused why we don't collectively support our players, especially younger or less experienced players. Now I will admit I don't rate Aaron Lennon - that's because I think he's a but of a journeyman (see thread a long time ago for a detailed discussion of the the meaning of this word) and is overall average. And the same applies to older players who don't perform like Howard.

January 04, 2016, 03:58:10 AM
Reply #7

ally2

How can he possibly be a journeyman when he's been at the same club for about 95% of his career? lolol

Hint - read the bit you quoted (the bit in brackets).

Edit - sorry the discussion was a long time ago but in summary was that the American version of the word did seem to mean someone who's been around for a while, BT necessarily going through lots of clubs, and that was the definition I must have had in my mind at the time even though I'm not American.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:01:20 AM by ally2 »