October 14, 2019, 05:53:12 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 70371 times)

January 03, 2016, 10:13:32 PM
Read 70371 times

cantoffee

Same as every other game. I'm sure we'll score but we are guaranteed to concede.

Nothing ever changes.

January 03, 2016, 10:31:26 PM
Reply #1

cantoffee

So much luck so far today.

January 03, 2016, 10:45:54 PM
Reply #2

cantoffee

Exactly what we deserve.

January 03, 2016, 10:49:04 PM
Reply #3

cantoffee

We get what we deserve.

Martinez hasn't changed anything, again. Especially after the disaster against Stoke it's unnacceptable.

Let's see if he changes something for the 2nd half, but if he doesn't you can only see Spurs winning here.

January 03, 2016, 10:56:24 PM
Reply #4

cantoffee

Don't see how anyone can say Martinez hasn't changed anything, that was the opposite of most of what we've seen this season.

How so?

We are playing deep but are somehow still wide open. We play in flat lines and allow their players to find pockets of space easily. We leave our left side open so that Walker can maraud down the line and cross the ball whenever he wants.

Spurs could be up by 2 or 3 already.

The only difference is that we have been unable to attack and maintain possession like we normally do, but that's the same as every time we've played a Pochettino team. You'd have though Martinez would have learnt by now.

January 03, 2016, 11:00:02 PM
Reply #5

cantoffee

Agree, its like he's told the players not to go all out attack but hasn't actually gone over the defensive side with them.  They have no shape and are getting dragged all over the show.

Our lack of shape is appalling.

We play in flat lines, and let one random player start pressing. It makes no sense, in what world does pressing with one player work? Even in a fucking Sunday league game the players will pass around you.

January 03, 2016, 11:49:31 PM
Reply #6

cantoffee

Need to get behind the lads here, we can win this and it would be huge.

January 03, 2016, 11:53:15 PM
Reply #7

cantoffee

Have to say a huge improvement after the subs.

Much more controlled, much more solid, and overall I feel we were better that half than Spurs.

January 03, 2016, 11:55:49 PM
Reply #8

cantoffee

Besic certainly showed a lot there. Surprised me to be honest and showed great defensive awareness.

January 04, 2016, 03:59:39 AM
Reply #9

cantoffee

I know Howard has been criticised a lot, but thought he could of done better for the goal. In my opinion he dives to the floor facing left but doesn't actually go left, i think a more agile keeper may have got to that, that's my opinion.

It was a shot from 8 yards out, you really expect him to save that?

He was dodgy when the ball came in to the box but nowhere near at fault for the goal.